FE13 is NOT a dating sim!

#1Greener223224Posted 3/25/2014 9:20:23 AM
I remember the days when Serenesforest (and I guess this place too) only cared about two things for a character to be popular: recruitment time, and how well written their dialogue was.

Now that it went mainstream, everyone would rather talk about how they envision their perfect woman, or how they can project themselves into being married to Ike with two adorable kids. The only remnant of gameplay discussion boils down to "Can they give their kid the FE5 bonus turn semi-canto?", or "Ricken sucks because shota with base 6 speed", and nobody in hell cares about the plot further than "how can we translate this into romantic dialogue in between?". I doubt anyone's noticed how much of this game's plot is stolen from FE4, or how much Catria's explosion of popularity ended up being a bad thing, decaying into a bland, long-term tragic archetype that is Cordelia.

Please, can we stop making behavior that Rei Ayanami was made to demonize, and instead just go back to screaming about tiers, plot and fluff fics instead of poorly written self-insert fics?
---
What is bombs?
#2Cheesepower5Posted 3/25/2014 9:25:16 AM
You don't want to have Ike's children? What kind of monster are you?
---
And I am not frightened of dying. Any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it you've got to go sometime.
#3kingdddPosted 3/25/2014 9:25:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QsOLXCL.jpg
---
"Seeing is only just an impression, playing is believing." -Nintendo
#4Blademaster_AioPosted 3/25/2014 9:32:50 AM(edited)
kingddd posted...

I'm sure the insides are churning though. :P Just kidding.
---
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.
#5NEW-WAYS-2-DIEPosted 3/25/2014 9:36:39 AM
Rei Ayanami was not meant to demonize that archetype. lol
---
"So I'm a new user. Tell me, do you even know who CJayC is?"
"My gut tells me he's just another ignorant troll." - heckifier
#6NEW-WAYS-2-DIEPosted 3/25/2014 9:37:14 AM
kingddd posted...

Aww Nowi crying just makes my heart melt
---
#7Cheesepower5Posted 3/25/2014 9:37:38 AM
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...

She was meant to be seen as weird and off-putting rather than attractive.
---
And I am not frightened of dying. Any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it you've got to go sometime.
#8NEW-WAYS-2-DIEPosted 3/25/2014 9:38:02 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...

She was meant to be seen as weird and off-putting rather than attractive.

Proof?
---
#9MagmarFirePosted 3/25/2014 9:38:31 AM
Greener223224 posted...
Now that it went mainstream, everyone would rather talk about how they envision their perfect woman, or how they can project themselves into being married to Ike with two adorable kids.

Oh, sure, it being mainstream made it become Waifu Emblem.

Instead of, you know, the one game mechanic that's conducive to having waifus in the first place.

Greener223224 posted...
The only remnant of gameplay discussion boils down to "Can they give their kid the FE5 bonus turn semi-canto?", or "Ricken sucks because shota with base 6 speed", and nobody in hell cares about the plot further than "how can we translate this into romantic dialogue in between?".

Not sure if you're talking about SF or here, but there are boatloads of topics about gameplay, such as difficulty, reclassing, and what units to use. (Both of them being on the front page as of this writing.)

Greener223224 posted...
I doubt anyone's noticed how much of this game's plot is stolen from FE4, or how much Catria's explosion of popularity ended up being a bad thing, decaying into a bland, long-term tragic archetype that is Cordelia.

How is that even relevant? Works take inspiration or homage to previous works all the time. That's kind of a universal constant.

Greener223224 posted...
Please, can we stop making behavior that Rei Ayanami was made to demonize, and instead just go back to screaming about tiers, plot and fluff fics instead of poorly written self-insert fics?

Not sure if you've noticed, but we already do that. And even if we didn't, just ignore them and let people talk about what they want to talk about.
---
What was that, Morgan? "Kill them all"? GOOD IDEA! *Ignis* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
The official unofficial husbando of Sumia. BACKOFFSHE'SMINE <3
#10RJWalker243Posted 3/25/2014 9:44:24 AM
Of course it's not a dating sim per say but the game sure is desparate to attract the dating sim crowd and turn them into consumers.

It came at cost of the quality of the writing which is why I don't approve of FE13.