Which Awakening character has the best chance of being the protagonist of FE14?

#1frostcranberryPosted 3/26/2014 5:20:15 PM
Topic Title. - Results (200 votes)
Lucina
43% (86 votes)
Owain
13.5% (27 votes)
Priam
30% (60 votes)
Other
13.5% (27 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's just say that FE14 will have close ties to the Awakening cast. It certainly isn't impossible especially when you consider the fact that Awakening saved the franchise and in top of that made it popular as well. This cast has a lot more value than the previous ones.

Each of the above have things going for them to be the protagonist of the next Fire Emblem.

Lucina-Well for one she is extremely extremely popular. Arguably the second most popular from the game only behind the default main character Chrom. Many say she would represent the 2nd gen which are commonly predicted to be the main focus of the next game. The developer also seem to be quite fond of her, and she didn't get a minor role in Awakening either.

Owain-He too is also extremely extremely popular and is also arguably the second most popular character from the game only behind the default main character Chrom. He easily trumps the other side characters in popularity, and is the most requested character from Awakening to get his own game. There could be a few hints in Awakening that would imply he would get his own game if you dig through his supports. He also got a signature weapon and signature pose despite not even being a main character. The only other character that got both was Chrom.

Priam-Arguably the most hinted to be the next main character. Everything about him feels like a teaser. It would also continue the Ike line. Plus if he were to be the main character it wouldn't feel out of place, because the other characters feel like their story is already done.
#2Huff n puff 20Posted 3/26/2014 5:39:25 PM
Owain is merely a supporting character, and has a virtually nil chance.
Lucina would cause a ton of issues.

Priam is basically existing as a "sequel hook".
---
Now we are here we know it's too late! Today we hope to find some closure!
Silently waiting, do you hear a calling? Look into the wanting eyes, I'm still here!
#3judge-salPosted 3/26/2014 5:40:11 PM
Priam.
I don't think it would be Lucina since she was already the deuteragonist of this game.
---
oh
#4Bleck5Posted 3/26/2014 5:44:23 PM
Honestly Owain

Even part of the same descendant line that could continue on with a new story.

And why do people act like IS cares so dearly about Canon things?
#5Dragonball9899Posted 3/26/2014 5:47:18 PM
Lucina.

I like Owain, but he stands pretty much zero chance of being the protagonist of anything.
---
Sumia: ...Would you rather talk about horses some more, Sully?
Sully: Hell yes! - Sumia and Sully B Support - Fire Emblem: Awakening
#6judge-salPosted 3/26/2014 5:48:25 PM(edited)
Bleck5 posted...
Honestly Owain

^ but with that logic, it could also be Cynthia. or Morgan. or Inigo. Brady. Kjelle.
---
oh
#7Strawberry_EggsPosted 3/26/2014 5:50:05 PM
Priam would either be the main character, or just very important and some new character would be the lead. He just screams "early bird cameo" to me.
---
Why you are here is a profound mystery indeed.
#8Bleck5Posted 3/26/2014 5:52:38 PM(edited)
judge-sal posted...
Bleck5 posted...
Honestly Owain

^ but with that logic, it could also be Cynthia. or Morgan. or Inigo. Brady. Kjelle.

They are not Canon descendant though. I meant Canon in the sense of parents.

I should have worded it better.

Also they do care about what the fans want to see. You guys ever hear about Rosalina and Mewtwo?

"Rosalina will never be in another game"

They used to scream

"Rosalina will never be playable alongside Mario"

They also used to scream. We all know how that turned out.
#9cherchelovePosted 3/26/2014 5:55:19 PM
Excellent point Bleck.

However I still feel Priam is more likely, just because of how it was panned out in Awakening. Would be surprised with any of them though.
---
Don't mind me.......
#10zeekyboogydoog5Posted 3/26/2014 6:59:13 PM(edited)
Priam most likely.

But tbh I would like to see another game in the sacred stones world more then anything,. favorite of the series. And only game to have 1 entry in its world that I know of. (Never played the japanese exclusives)