Most Overrated Skill

#51VascelaPosted 4/4/2014 9:37:12 PM
I find it funny how you call Streetpass a lulzy thing when it's more available to the player than Apo.

In game: Veteran/Sol/Nosferatu
Apo: Rescue Staff
Streetpass: Lethality
Double Duel: I don't even know, I wish I could play this more.

Different sections of the game have different key components that beat any attempt to calculate a true advantage
#52Huff n puff 20Posted 4/4/2014 9:43:12 PM
Vascela posted...
I find it funny how you call Streetpass a lulzy thing when it's more available to the player than Apo.

In game: Veteran/Sol/Nosferatu
Apo: Rescue Staff
Streetpass: Lethality
Double Duel: I don't even know, I wish I could play this more.

Different sections of the game have different key components that beat any attempt to calculate a true advantage

It's impossible to craft a good team.
LB is a requirement, not a merely good idea. [It's the difference between losing, and getting facerolled]
You can't even tell if you're doing anything. It is pretty damn pointless to even bother.

Availability means jack. It IS lulzy.
---
Now we are here we know it's too late! Today we hope to find some closure!
Silently waiting, do you hear a calling? Look into the wanting eyes, I'm still here!
#53VascelaPosted 4/4/2014 9:49:08 PM(edited)
LB is not a requirement to beat Apo. It's almost perfectly replicated through rallies (as opposed to LB + Rallies, but that's overkill). Don't overestimate the difficulty. Once you beat it once, it becomes incredibly easy.

Knowing how to play a map > crafting some LB team with units that get +1 mag and -1 skl expecting a grand difference

edit: the second part of my statement was regarding pairings

Tactics trumps everything.
#54Huff n puff 20Posted 4/4/2014 9:51:32 PM
Vascela posted...
LB is not a requirement to beat Apo. It's almost perfectly replicated through rallies (as opposed to LB + Rallies, but that's overkill). Don't overestimate the difficulty. Once you beat it once, it becomes incredibly easy.

Knowing how to play a map > crafting some LB team with units that get +1 mag and -1 skl expecting a grand difference

...Did you realize I was talking about streetpass when I said LB is a requirement?

Because, of course I know LB isn't required for Apo. Rallies aren't either.
That was more than half a year ago when I proved that.

But for Streetpass, you either lose with it, or you get facerolled without it.
---
Silently waiting, do you hear a calling? Look into the wanting eyes, I'm still here!
#55VascelaPosted 4/4/2014 9:53:08 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Vascela posted...

...Did you realize I was talking about streetpass when I said LB is a requirement?

LB doesn't matter too much in streetpass also.

You can run lethality. %s are %s
#56VascelaPosted 4/4/2014 9:57:12 PM
Just saying, you can excel very well in all stages of the game with no DLC.
#57Huff n puff 20Posted 4/4/2014 10:00:19 PM
Vascela posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Vascela posted...

LB doesn't matter too much in streetpass also.

You can run lethality. %s are %s

You've obviously not fought many streetpass teams, have you?
Lethality+No Limit Breaker = Not doing anything because hit rates, getting killed faster, not activating.

Respectible Hit is 200. Limit Breaker-less teams have 25 less hit, which is more often than not sub 50.

You go from low chance of success to no chance of success.

[Ignoring the best Streetpass team, which is simply spoiler characters with storyline spoilers in the weapon names. But that wins by being a dick [since not far in + parley that team = get spoiled = victory for the team sender], not by actually doing anything.]
---
#58VascelaPosted 4/4/2014 10:11:39 PM
There really isn't getting killed much faster. The other team will kill anything. You can get lucky off a lethality regardless of LB or not.
#59I_eat_tablesPosted 4/5/2014 10:24:08 AM
YayorNay posted...
Rightful King isn't the best skill, but it's hardly fair to say it's overrated as it's not the center of topics like galeforce or luna or sol.

Probably the easiest way to describe this is with an example.

Skill A is worth a solid 8/10, but someone rates it as a 10/10.
Skill B is worth only 2/10, but someone rates it as 7/10

Which is more overrated? It's slightly philosophical, but I'd say it's Skill B by a long way. And that's what's going on here. RfK might not get topics made about how good it is much (any more) but it has in the past, and it's a really bad skill, so that's pretty much enough to call it overrated.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia