Results of "Who was your first wife?" poll.

#1NEW-WAYS-2-DIEPosted 4/6/2014 8:56:59 PM
All in all, the poll has 214 total votes. All females were included, minus Spotpass characters. I tried my best to prevent ties, but as votes went up, the tied characters remained tied.

214 total votes

1) Tharja - 32 votes - 15%
2) Lissa - 27 votes - 13%
3) Lucina - 25 votes - 12%
4) Cordelia - 20 votes - 9%
5) Nowi & Anna - 15 votes - 7%
6) Olivia - 14 votes - 7%
7) Sumia - 10 votes - 5%
8) Cherche - 9 votes - 4%
9) Tiki & Miriel - 8 votes - 4%
10) Panne & Sully - 6 votes - 3%
11) Maribelle & Cynthia - 5 votes - 2%
12) Severa & Noire - 3 votes - 1%
13) Nah - 2 votes - 1%
14) Kjelle - 1 - 0%
15) Say'ri & Flavia - 0 - 0%

Some interesting things to note is that Tharja is up and away the most married character on the first playthrough. While she is hot, I'm not quite sure why -- she's missable, doesn't join that early, and is not heavily advertised like Lucina. Is it because she is obsessed with the avatar?

Secondly, despite all of Endgame's efforts, that hasn't stopped players for falling for Lissa's charms. I suspect that people are drawn to her because she's the first cute female they see, a main character, and a princess. Of course, it's charming how she complains and pranks people. That's why I married her my first time, anyway.

Lucina is third, which is also understandable. She was heavily advertised, and for some people, one of the draws of buying this game might have been to marry the female Marth... I know I was dead set on marrying Lucina when I first heard of this game, but that quickly changed when I read her dry supports.

However, some people might have been won over by her dedication to seriousness no matter how absurd the matter -- like renaming the Falchion "Pointy Demonspanker" or wanting her mother to wear a gaudy dress with Emmeryn's face on it. Her poor taste in aesthetics is endearing!

Cordelia is fourth. I'm curious as to why, though. She is like Lucina minus the humor. Is it because she's a pretty redhead? Is it because the idea of healing a girl with a broken heart appeals to people?

The redhead reason might apply to Anna. She came in fifth. Or maybe some people had their eye on her as their waifu since as early as Fire Emblem started! The appeal of marrying the mascot of the series must be high. Especially since she appears almost everywhere and has an amusing sense of humor.

Not to be outdone, the perky, fun-loving Nowi tied with her, proving this board isn't as judgemental as you might imagine. I'm personally glad -- I think Nowi is up and away the cutest girl in the game. Wouldn't you love to play games with Nowi all day? Doesn't your heart melt when you hear "Nowi wins!?"

The only other real subject of interest is Maribelle's shockingly low placement. She comes in at #11, lower than any first-gen character save Say'ri. The reason why I find this bizarre is because not only is she a pretty blonde, but she also joins extremely early! Were that many people turned off by her "snobby" personality?
---
"So I'm a new user. Tell me, do you even know who CJayC is?"
"My gut tells me he's just another ignorant troll." - heckifier
#2AranvoidPosted 4/6/2014 9:16:24 PM(edited)
Tharja won?

What treachery is this? TC I demand a recount

Honestly I can't believe she won 1st place... I have a sneaking suspicion it might be because of the tharja topics on this board or people have an obsession with yanderes
---
Rejoice, the rightful king returns from Historia.
#3palazzio65Posted 4/6/2014 9:17:45 PM
Looks kinda like this one

http://poll.pollcode.com/15615_result?nomobile

Now to see of the husbando one matches too.
#4NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 10:01:01 PM
Aranvoid posted...
Tharja won?

What treachery is this? TC I demand a recount

Honestly I can't believe she won 1st place... I have a sneaking suspicion it might be because of the tharja topics on this board or people have an obsession with yanderes

Honestly. I can't believe it either.
---
#5Chaos_firePosted 4/6/2014 10:05:22 PM
I feel like Tharja and Lissa are up high on the poll because they "feel" the most canon. Lissa is that love at first sight character and Tharja also already likes you. Tharja and MaMu are also the Grima like couple
#6KitsuKitsuPosted 4/6/2014 10:05:46 PM
My first was Tiki.

I really wanted to have a dragon kid. Without Nowi's crap for speed modifier.
#7NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 12:40:30 AM
Aww, poor Nowi :(
---
#8KitsuKitsuPosted 4/7/2014 2:01:31 AM
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...

The pedophiles are strong in this game.
#9Anthoba32Posted 4/7/2014 2:25:56 AM
Meh, as expected...
---
3DS FC: 4768-7468-5394 (Yveltal for 6v ditto?)
Just PM me and I will add you.
#10NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 10:42:10 AM
KitsuKitsu posted...
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...

The pedophiles are strong in this game.

Not cool, dude
---