Owian's chances for Smash Bros just shot up exponentially.

#1nanogazePosted 4/8/2014 8:39:16 PM
They increased after the reveal of Rosalina and increased even more today after the reveal of Greninja.

They are adding the most popular side characters of every series. You see it with Rosa (Mario) and Ninja (Pokemon). Let's face it Owain is the biggest side character from Fire Emblem and things are looking happy :)

The only flaw to this thought process is that they only did it for Mario which is their biggest franchise and Pokemon their second biggest.

They probably wouldn't do it for Fire Emblem which is like their #9.

So sadly he still has no chance. Although much more likely than before.
#2Corporal_CorpulPosted 4/8/2014 8:58:28 PM
I didn't really see that much of a chance of Greninja NOT getting in, since they always have the starters from each region make some kind of appearance.
---
If you can't see them, then they can't see you...
Does that mean blind people are invisible?
#3Flamingace18Posted 4/8/2014 9:01:19 PM
No. Owain and Greninja don't correlate in any way.

Pokemon > Fire Emblem in terms of popularity and it's not even close. Hell Pokemon might even be more popular than Mario and Zelda at this point.
---
Oklahoma City Thunder, Texas Rangers, St Louis Rams, and Oklahoma Sooners fan. http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif
#4nanogaze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 9:02:53 PM
Corporal_Corpul posted...
I didn't really see that much of a chance of Greninja NOT getting in, since they always have the starters from each region make some kind of appearance.

Not as a playable. Greninja is a new breed of popular.
#5nanogaze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 9:04:16 PM
Flamingace18 posted...

Pokemon > Fire Emblem in terms of popularity and it's not even close. Hell Pokemon might even be more popular than Mario and Zelda at this point.

It isn't as popular as Mario. But I literally said that in the op. They only gave it to their biggest franchise Mario and their second biggest Pokemon.

Plus Midna seems to be deconfirmed so it stops at Zelda.
#6MorganFPosted 4/8/2014 9:07:55 PM
Flamingace18 posted...

Pokemon is not as big as Mario.

And TC Rosalina was never an "out there" choice.
#7Flamingace18Posted 4/8/2014 9:09:29 PM
Fire Emblem will be getting Marth and if any others it will more than likely be Ike (For his ridiculous popularity in the US) or Chrom and or Lucina. (Typical Lord of the current game yada yada yada)

If anything I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Lord for the new and upcoming game that is more than likely in development.
---
Oklahoma City Thunder, Texas Rangers, St Louis Rams, and Oklahoma Sooners fan. http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif
#8nanogaze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 9:14:21 PM
MorganF posted...
Flamingace18 posted...

Pokemon is not as big as Mario.

And TC Rosalina was never an "out there" choice.

Yeah but no one really though Rosalina would get in over Toad and Bowser Jr.
#9MorganFPosted 4/8/2014 9:48:54 PM
Anyone with a brain would have realized that Toad had no chance.

I'm certain that Bowser Jr will still be in.
#10peoplelikeusPosted 4/9/2014 1:01:47 AM
I wish.