Owian's chances for Smash Bros just shot up exponentially.

#21Other_SelfPosted 4/9/2014 5:45:06 AM
nanogaze posted...
Other_Self posted...
Because those were the most popular fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters who then got special scenes in the scramble dlc.

Also if you don't count the self insert FeMU, Tharja's just as likely as Owain if you go by that popularity poll.

But the avatar does count, and Owain still ranked the highest.

And Chrom, Lucina and the Avatar are higher in that and almost every single poll.

I like Owain and all, but your really grasping at straws here.
---
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
#22nanogaze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 5:47:46 AM
Other_Self posted...
nanogaze posted...
Other_Self posted...
Because those were the most popular fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters who then got special scenes in the scramble dlc.

Also if you don't count the self insert FeMU, Tharja's just as likely as Owain if you go by that popularity poll.

And Chrom, Lucina and the Avatar are higher in that and almost every single poll.

Ugh? He beat avatar in that poll. A MAIN CHARACTER. In the other official poll done through the art book Owain, Chrom, and Lucina were the only static ones.
#23AranvoidPosted 4/9/2014 5:50:43 AM
nanogaze posted...
Other_Self posted...
nanogaze posted...
Other_Self posted...

Ugh? He beat avatar in that poll. A MAIN CHARACTER. In the other official poll done through the art book Owain, Chrom, and Lucina were the only static ones.

*chuckles*

And Lucina is the tritagonist (third main character)

You're not honestly telling me that just because owain won a Poll that means that he is getting. In before those two?

Heck, in gonna say something bold.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lucina got in as a side character and Robin as a Trophy or something
---
Rejoice, the rightful king returns from Historia.
#24nanogaze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 5:50:50 AM
The other official poll results.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65964480
#25nanogaze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 5:51:57 AM
I don't think Owain really has a chance at all.

I'm just saying that these recent reveals help his case.
#26NewbieN00bPosted 4/9/2014 6:09:32 AM
My question is, actually how popular is Owain? Has he appeared mainstream? Because Nintendo has been pushing Lucina. (she was on the cover of the soundtrack/artbook and is getting a figure)
---
3DS FC: 4596-9460-1427
#27nanogaze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 6:34:32 AM(edited)
NewbieN00b posted...
My question is, actually how popular is Owain? Has he appeared mainstream? Because Nintendo has been pushing Lucina. (she was on the cover of the soundtrack/artbook and is getting a figure)

Well the official polls are there. Nintendo knows how popular he is. Whether or not they want to take advantage of it or not is their choice.

Smash is usually the first step forward in pushing a character to the mainstream. Again see Rosalina and Greninja.

Lucina probably won't be in either. Marth messed her up plus Chrom and Robin will probably be chosen before.
#28Other_SelfPosted 4/9/2014 6:22:32 AM
nanogaze posted...
I don't think Owain really has a chance at all.

I'm just saying that these recent reveals help his case.

Well yeah if you want to get technical he does have a chance. Not an exponentially higher chance like you think. Just a slightly higher one compared to some of the other characters, but the other chart toppers are more or less just as likely and the main 3 even higher.

But given how unpredictable Sakurai is and the fact that SSB4's development is likely based on sales/popularity data, inside information on what was in development at that time (such as Pokemon) and a series of educated guesses by a professional from the last couple years due to game development taking time, we could also just get Kellam.

You really can't predict these things except for the obvious.
---
#29AranvoidPosted 4/9/2014 6:24:23 AM
nanogaze posted...
NewbieN00b posted...

Well the official polls are there. Nintendo knows how popular he is.

Smash is usually the first step forward in pushing a character to the mainstream. Again see Rosalina and Greninja.

Lucina probably wing be in either. Marth messed her up plus Chrom and Robin will probably ne chosen before.

No.

Lucina has a good chance

The Marth thing didn't mess her up at all.
---
Rejoice, the rightful king returns from Historia.
#30SpellcraftQuillPosted 4/9/2014 6:24:33 AM
#OhGodsNotAnotherOwainPost

Corporal_Corpul posted...
I didn't really see that much of a chance of Greninja NOT getting in, since they always have the starters from each region make some kind of appearance.

Fennekin seems to be a Pokeball pokemon.
---
Burroughs: Scanning...Excuses, unjustified resentment, self-justification, a rash desire to negate oneself...I don't see any good reason to join their cause.