(SPOILERS) One thing that bugged me about the last chapter..

#11HonzouPosted 4/30/2014 5:54:07 PM
Almost every boss fight runs by the logic of cool... Even when it is practical, otherwise it would be a terrible final boss like True King Allant of Demon's Souls.

Of course the example I made with Allant is justified when you fight False King Allant...
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#12LORDDRAGON1995Posted 4/30/2014 10:23:43 PM
Naga ported them out, probably.
---
FE: Awakening Cherche fanboy
3DS friend code: 3110-5173-3183
#13Chrizzel28Posted 4/30/2014 10:32:33 PM
RJWalker243 posted...
8Panda posted...
RJWalker243 posted...
Better question is why Grima didn't roll over when they all teleported to his back. Victory in one swift motion. But he never thinks of doing that.

Grima is such a fail villain.

Well Grima's Avatar is on his back as well. It is probably not a bright idea for him to do that.

Please, that's a copout. There are a number of ways that Grima's Avatar could survive without giving any of the good guys enough time to react.

You know what's a copout? Saying that Grima could just roll like that. He's a huge freaking dragon, how do you expect him to roll like that? You could say that him flying defies logic in itself, but isn't that a copout too? Tsk.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." Tony Benn
#14RJWalker243Posted 4/30/2014 11:22:47 PM
Chrizzel28 posted...
RJWalker243 posted...
8Panda posted...
RJWalker243 posted...
Better question is why Grima didn't roll over when they all teleported to his back. Victory in one swift motion. But he never thinks of doing that.

Well Grima's Avatar is on his back as well. It is probably not a bright idea for him to do that.

Please, that's a copout. There are a number of ways that Grima's Avatar could survive without giving any of the good guys enough time to react.

You know what's a copout? Saying that Grima could just roll like that. He's a huge freaking dragon, how do you expect him to roll like that? You could say that him flying defies logic in itself, but isn't that a copout too? Tsk.

Clearly, he is able to fly, whatever our logica may dictate. That;s not a cop out. He doesn't even have to roll over completely. Just bank because you kinda need to bank when turning in air and that would do the job.
#15Chrizzel28Posted 4/30/2014 11:58:18 PM
RJWalker243 posted...
Chrizzel28 posted...
RJWalker243 posted...
8Panda posted...
RJWalker243 posted...

Clearly, he is able to fly, whatever our logica may dictate. That;s not a cop out. He doesn't even have to roll over completely. Just bank because you kinda need to bank when turning in air and that would do the job.

The thing is, it would take time to do that considering the huge body. Enough time for most people to stick their weapons into him and hold on. Which, interestingly, Robin/Grima can't do since he didn't bring a weapon along and only uses magic. Honestly, trying to shake him off would be as detrimental to Grima as it is to the Shepherds.

Besides, Rule of Cool.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." Tony Benn
#16Airship_CanonPosted 5/2/2014 12:55:45 AM
RJWalker243 posted...

Again, that did NOT help Deathwing in the same situation. It HURT HIM.
---
I've already Fallen! I can't drive it out of my head! It's that I fall...!
Don't look down!
#17RJWalker243Posted 5/2/2014 2:35:16 AM(edited)
Airship_Canon posted...
RJWalker243 posted...

Deathwing is relevent how?

Deathwing underwent villain decay a long time ago, anyway.

Blizzard has gone on record saying they don't care about maintaining proper continuity anymore because creating fun gameplay has higher priority.
#18MagistrixZellPosted 5/2/2014 2:58:28 AM
RJWalker243 posted...
Airship_Canon posted...
RJWalker243 posted...

Deathwing is relevent how?

Deathwing underwent villain decay a long time ago, anyway.

Blizzard has gone on record saying they don't care about maintaining proper continuity anymore because creating fun gameplay has higher priority.

Cataclysm was such a woeful WoW expansion, had an over-reliance on bad "humor" and it had a pathetic dragon villain too! The similarities...
#19Blademaster_AioPosted 5/2/2014 4:27:46 AM
RJWalker243 posted...

:D That made me laugh.
Real world logic =/= video game logic.
Anyway, I'm sure Naga would have managed to defeat gravity because Good Must Always Triumph as per The Law of Video Games.
---
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.
#20HonzouPosted 5/2/2014 4:59:24 AM
Didn't evil triumph in the original (Future of Despair) Timeline?
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board