So if you could make your own fire emblem game and characters...

#1AranvoidPosted 5/6/2014 1:19:27 PM
What would you do? Etc.

I'm bored out of my mind right about now and there's been no new topics or posts..
---
Rejoice, the rightful king returns from Historia.
#2RDS1Posted 5/6/2014 1:25:45 PM
I'd make a game with a lot of terrain and weather effects, places where you can attack some feature of the map to alter it (like breakable walls, only moreso), and bring back mechanics like capturing and stealing.

I'd also make Cavaliers and Paladins take effective damage from every weapon in the game, for no reason at all. And also the player gets no Cavaliers or Paladins.
Also, no Fighters, only Brigands and Pirates.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#3Aranvoid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 1:32:33 PM
RDS1 posted...
I'd make a game with a lot of terrain and weather effects, places where you can attack some feature of the map to alter it (like breakable walls, only moreso), and bring back mechanics like capturing and stealing.

I'd also make Cavaliers and Paladins take effective damage from every weapon in the game, for no reason at all. And also the player gets no Cavaliers or Paladins.
Also, no Fighters, only Brigands and Pirates.

I prefer warrior and pirates over fighter.

Awakening makes it sound... Dumb when you think about it.

Well then I guess the other shepherd minus Vaike aren't fighters,but random people who attack.
---
#4Sentinel07Posted 5/6/2014 1:33:54 PM
1. A wide variety of terrain as well as events that can happen on the map.
2. Change the pegasus and wyvern classes back to how they used to be (no axes for wyverns, just sword and lance like before for example).
3. A wide variety of staffs, but no Berserk.
4. Make sure support classes can still attack in some way. In other words, Dancers keep using swords and such like that.
5. Trinity of Magic. I still like that concept.

Also, for a particular art style and setting, I was recently looking at Attack on Titan, and I think that somewhat medieval-esque look with a tiny bit of technology could work. It would be a nice progression of the series in case the typical medieval style got too stale.
#5Aranvoid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 1:37:51 PM(edited)
Sentinel07 posted...
1. A wide variety of terrain as well as events that can happen on the map.
2. Change the pegasus and wyvern classes back to how they used to be (no axes for wyverns, just sword and lance like before for example).
3. A wide variety of staffs, but no Berserk.
4. Make sure support classes can still attack in some way. In other words, Dancers keep using swords and such like that.
5. Trinity of Magic. I still like that concept.

Also, for a particular art style and setting, I was recently looking at Attack on Titan, and I think that somewhat medieval-esque look with a tiny bit of technology could work. It would be a nice progression of the series in case the typical medieval style got too stale.

Lol I was so mad when I realized in older games Pegasus knights could use swords too.
---
#6Model_OmegaPosted 5/6/2014 2:10:22 PM
Introduce "hardcore" features as an option, stuff like:
-bleeding/burns (like poison, but can occur from any physical/magical attack)
-dying state ala D&D, you don't die until you reach -10 HP, but past 0 HP units cannot move, attack, trade and you lose 4HP per turn
-massive damage clause, units that lose 75% HP in a single hit are sent to dying state
-fatigue, just like FE5, but make it so fatigued units have stat penalties, not being unusable the next chapter
-unique skills that interact with all of the above items, like a skill that allows action in dying state etc.

No more gender locked classes, you can have male pegasus knights and female fighters/pirates, hell the original "Pegasus Rider" or lore was a dude, Bellerophon.

Make bows really powerful, give them a might higher then axes and innate critical hit bonuses like the knives from FE10, and lots of 2-3 bows that don't have (for bows) bad hit% and might, and finally put crossbows back in the game.

Have a magic triangle ala FE10, and go back to that game's format of Dragon units being weak to Thunder, not Wind and Bows.

Have dismounting

Introduce AoE magic tomes, and in general have more maps with siege weapons, or just bring ballisticians back.
---
3DS FC: 2852-9037-5265 Pokemon X IGN: Brandon
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter
#7RJWalker243Posted 5/6/2014 2:16:50 PM
I'd add in 1-5 Range Bow Knights.
#8MalcolmMasherPosted 5/6/2014 7:23:56 PM
I've got a hypothetical class table squirreled away in Excel that assumes three promotion choices for each unpromoted class. I'd just throw that sucker in.
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
#9Rockstar_BobPosted 5/6/2014 8:44:22 PM
Firstly, I'd have 2 modes of play. Normal & Advanced

Normal is basically classic FE with your typical lords and such for classes. Classic style re-classing, Classic style maps, Classic style of story progression, etc.

Advanced would be the Awakening Mode, With Create an Avatar (with additions to put it to par with Ragnarok Odyssey ACE, Complete with choose a starter class.) to start. The avatar participates in battles but is basically Mark... Only he can support with units where Mark had no chance. Avatar re-classes from starting class to branching classes based on said class, As do the other units. The map battles/features would remain but the story would now progress via world map locations.

...That's basically all I would do. :V
---
Unwheel of Fortune: Category - Movie Title: | _ _ _ | _ _ _ | _ _ _ | _ _ _ | _ _ _ _ _ |
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
#10kakashik99992Posted 5/6/2014 8:55:26 PM
You can do it actually at least a chapter or two since the gba/snes hacking scene is so advanced now although to do it alone is a monumental time sink for not much return I guess.

Still in topic I would make one of these 0 Growths short campaign. There is something about a 0 growths run that is pretty interesting while the story progression makes it lose it's flavor is interesting how each unit has a complete and immutable role and how your strategies and moves reflect the actual "cannon strenght" of the unit
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
FC:2638 0648 9544 Nick Arthur/Kashim