CYOA: The Conquest of Valm

#1Chrizzel28Posted 5/15/2014 11:49:53 AM(edited)
Let's do this, shall we? I will try to update this frequently and all that jazz. The decisions early on shall decide our backstory and available classes. I hope my writing will amuse you all.

You wake up in your room, jumping out of your bed enthusiastically and take a good look at the mirror and see a young girl that's finally of age. You ensure your light grey hair is in a rather long ponytail so it won't get in your way and walk out of your room. Today is your 15th birthday, meaning you're old enough to make a living through fighting. Whether you do this in the local army or in a mercenary group is up to you though. However, first you want to talk to:

A.) Your mother, you want to discuss your decision to head off and join a mercenary guild.

B.) The maid, your mother doesn't have time to talk to you and you want to talk to her instead, as she's always been very supportive about your wish to join the army.

C.) Your dad, as he's been training you for this day for quite a while now.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." Tony Benn
#231walcraebPosted 5/15/2014 11:33:19 AM(edited)
13 is too young. Requesting us to be 16 or 18 instead.

B.

Your mother will probably be upset about it because of her wishes to marry you off to a rich noble family.
---
Back, sadly still in white (at least when it comes to skin)
#3AranvoidPosted 5/15/2014 11:48:05 AM
Agree with Wal and I choose D. Daddy knows best for his little girl,or so they say lol.
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."
#4Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2014 11:50:51 AM
I changed it to 15 years old, as something I want to do works best with a relatively young character. Hope you won't mind this.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." Tony Benn
#5ryugin55Posted 5/15/2014 11:59:22 AM
B, because why not? Vote irregular!
---
I blame the community...
This is the part of my sig where I post some snarky sarcastic comment regarding the board's crazy devotion to waifu-ism.
#6Dragonball9899Posted 5/15/2014 12:04:10 PM
B.
---
"I'm glad I have your blessing to make Children with your sister."
#7TestPilotVGCPosted 5/15/2014 12:23:02 PM
B.
---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.
#8Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2014 12:41:31 PM
Seems like B is the winner, I highly doubt the score will change much if I leave it open now.

As you walk downstairs, you head to the maid's quarters. She was always a good friend of yours, as she always played with you when your mother was too busy. You dislike the idea of her working for your family to repay a large debt, yet you were still very glad that you could rely on her.

"Anne, can we talk for a bit?"

"Ah, Lady Charlotte. I always have time for you, especially on your special day."

"I wanted to talk about that... I think I'm finally ready to join the army like I always said I would, but I'm not sure what to tell mother..."

"I could talk to her for you. She wouldn't approve of your actions, but I could take the heat for you while you head out yourself."

You wonder whether or not you should take her up on her offer, as it would be ungrateful to leave her to face your mother like that. But at the same time, you do not want to stay here to be married off to some rich pig from a nearby monarchy your mother arranged for you to marry.

A.) You take Anne's offer and leave to join the army, completely free from the burden of arranged marriage and social pressure.

B.) You stay and try to talk to your mother yourself, although you're not sure of the consequences this would have.
---
#931walcraebPosted 5/15/2014 12:52:31 PM
A because having a confrontational character is overrated, we'll just run away from tough things.
---
Back, sadly still in white (at least when it comes to skin)
#10Dragonball9899Posted 5/15/2014 12:52:39 PM
B. I'd feel bad if we let Anne take all the heat.
---
"I'm glad I have your blessing to make Children with your sister."