CYOA: The Conquest of Valm

#4131walcraebPosted 5/16/2014 8:57:31 PM
A is dumb because the whole thing about a Myrmidon is not getting hit. going to heal him is assuming he's getting hit. Also there's probably a reason he's alone.

B is tempting because the Mercenary and Dark Mage both could probably use healing.

C is cool because the trio of soldiers will allow for two people to guard you if you ever need to heal but meh.

D is kind of lame but really smart.

So B.
---
Back, sadly still in white (at least when it comes to skin)
#42TestPilotVGCPosted 5/16/2014 9:27:03 PM
I hereby vote B...
---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.
#43Dragonball9899Posted 5/17/2014 4:30:43 AM
TestPilotVGC posted...
I hereby vote B...

---
"I'm glad I have your blessing to make Children with your sister."
#44AranvoidPosted 5/17/2014 4:54:19 AM
A. Because no matter how good they are at dodging, we all know life loves to screw us over with misfortune while cackling in sadistic glee.

D,is far to risky because they are most likely male slavers and we don't know what type of sick things they'll do to our poor female MC if she's captured.

B,is far to arrogant for my liking. That kind of thinking gets you killed quick.

C,is diverting far to much attention to your self.

And one of your allies might need healing.
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."
#45Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 5:00:36 AM
B it is, it seems.

You decide to tag along with the Mercenary and the Dark Mage. The Dark Mage simply nods to acknowledge your part of the team while the Mercenary smiles at you a little. You see the Myrmidon already engaging the enemy from a distance. He seems to be quite skilled, yet you see that there are way more ruffians than you'd expected, and definitely more than he could take.

"Damn... That idiot is getting himself killed like this." the Mercenary whispers. "I'm going in. The two of you should stay here. It wouldn't do to have our healer and Dark Mage on the frontline right now." she quickly adds, before running towards the slavers' camp.

A.) You stay put and wait for the right moment to run in to use you Heal staff. You won't grow stronger from hiding, yet you don't think it's a good idea to fight relatively tough people just yet.

B.) You run after her, as you want to get some experience on the battlefield and you're afraid that you won't Heal the others in time if you have to run all the way over to them. You won't follow her advice, yet you trust your own sense of judgement.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." Tony Benn
#46AranvoidPosted 5/17/2014 5:03:02 AM
B.

But on a side note I told you guys we should have chosen A!

If not we could have quickly picked C and brought the trio of soldiers with us to help him.
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."
#47TestPilotVGCPosted 5/17/2014 5:10:23 AM
I choose B again.
---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.
#48fawful_XPosted 5/17/2014 6:03:23 AM
Groan, and B.
---
Current Nuzlocke: Volt White 2 Uberhard: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/69109148
#49Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 7:11:33 AM(edited)
We always seem to end up on B... I have just the solution for that.

You decide to disobey the Mercenary and run after her, straight towards the slavers' camp. The Dark Mage tries to stop you, but you're not listening. In front of you you see the Mercenary mowing down a multitude of Barbarians, barely getting as much as a scratch of damage herself through her aggressive fighting style that didn't give her opponents a chance to retaliate properly. She had taken down roughly five Barbarians before she reached the Myrmidon. He had a few rather large gashes in his arms, but he was fine otherwise.

You run up to them in order to Heal him, but right after you do so the Mercenary suddenly yells at you.

"What are you thinking?! I told you specifically to stay there!"

"But I'm fine, aren't I?" you respond, not liking where this conversation was going.

"You may be fine for now, but more of these slavers could appear at any moment. Besides, you left someone alone when you went out of hiding. Don't you have any idea how much worse you made the situation just now?!"

You try to look for the right words, but you're not sure how to react to this. You create a small list of your options.

A.) You simply tell her to prepare to continue fighting while hoping the Dark Mage is ok.

C.) You head back to regroup with the Dark Mage, as you've just seen how foolish it is to fight alone during the Myrmidon's sorry display.

D.) You draw out the argument. You're sure that your actions just now weren't wrong.

There, if there is no B option, B won't win all the time. Anyway, how's my writing so far? I hope it's amusing enough.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." Tony Benn
#50fawful_XPosted 5/17/2014 6:44:29 AM
B-Oh.

C.
---
Current Nuzlocke: Volt White 2 Uberhard: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/69109148