CYOA: The Conquest of Valm

#51AranvoidPosted 5/17/2014 6:46:35 AM
C.

And lol about time.

Your writing is good so far and the story is keeping me hooked. With Hope I'll be postin my CYOA later today.
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."
#52Ephraim8Posted 5/17/2014 9:04:13 AM
C
pretty good so far.
#53ryugin55Posted 5/17/2014 9:51:57 AM
B, I do as I please (C)
---
I blame the community...
This is the part of my sig where I post some snarky sarcastic comment regarding the board's crazy devotion to waifu-ism.
#54Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 10:50:58 AM
C won, without a shadow of a doubt there. This is a fairly large post, quick warning.

You want to loudmouth her at first, but realise that she's right.

"Fine. I'll head back to see if she's safe."

So you run back as quickly as you can, and once you find the original hiding spot... Nothing. She's gone. You try to trn around, but before you do, someone shoves a leather gag in your mouth with one hand while holding your hands together by the wrists with the other.

"Listen up, Lamb. If you try screaming now, it'll be the o'the line for you. Got it?"

You freeze up in fear, completely uncertain on what to do. You quickly try to run through your options, but... Nothing. Screaming is not an option like the Barbarian holding you already mentioned, and struggling in other ways will likely lead to the same result. Before you can line up what little options you have, the Barbarian forces you on your stomach and binds your arms and feet together.

From a distance you can see the Mercenary and the Myrmidon still fighting with a smaller amount of slavers, but they don't seem to notice you. You realise that the hiding spot both you and the Dark Mage were in worked a bit too well, meaning you couldn't signal your allies that something was wrong if they were fighting.

After the Barbarian mostly immobilises you, he carries you to their convoy, which had already been moved from the base.

"Heh. Nice catch, she might be worth a pretty penny." another ruffian says to the man holding you.

"Yeah, now get off yer hind and grab a trunk, we need to leave as soon as possible, before they might send reinforcements."

And so you're put into one of trunks, your journey coming to an early end because you lost your freedom. You'll be sold in a completely different part of the world, knowing even less freedom than in your previous life. Is this truly it?


After what felt like hours the trunk suddenly stops rocking and you hear incredibly loud grunts and screams of pain. You try struggling, but to no avail. You can barely make out any of the words that are screamed, but you could catch the following ones: seafood, army and god. You try to piece them together, but before you could form any conclusion it suddenly becomes very light. A charismatic old man in red armour which gives off an aura of strength lifts you up and removes your bindings, placing you safely on your feet. You remove the gag that was still in your mouth and do the following...

A.) You ask the man who he is and what happened.

B.) You try to reorient yourself, as you're clueless on the location you're currently in.

C.) You try to help unloading the other trunks, as you're curious about the people in there.

There, that could've been way worse, right? Riiiight? It wasn't my idea to send us to a slavers' camp, I swear.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." Tony Benn
#55AranvoidPosted 5/17/2014 11:06:32 AM
A.

And boy was that close. I thought they were gonna do something worse. Horrible action avoided.
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."
#56ryugin55Posted 5/17/2014 11:31:11 AM
B, RESUME THE B VOTE MASTER RACE!
---
I blame the community...
This is the part of my sig where I post some snarky sarcastic comment regarding the board's crazy devotion to waifu-ism.
#57TestPilotVGCPosted 5/17/2014 12:04:57 PM
Hmm.... perhaps C?
---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.
#58ClithsbyPosted 5/17/2014 12:21:38 PM
C. I bet that mage is in one of them.
#59Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 4:43:52 AM
Sorry I'm late! I slept for 15 hours straight... C is the winner.

You briefly thank the man before diverting your attention to the other trunks and try to help unloading them. You soon notice that the man was alone, even though the commotion made it seems like a small army had arrived. You realise that you're not strong enough to actually carry the trunks off the convoy, so the man takes them off while you open them.

In the first trunk you find the Dark Mage from before. You ungag her and get rid of her bindings.

"I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have left you there like that. I could've gotten us both killed... Or worse."

"Ngh, it's no big deal. I guess at the very least it was an interesting new experience, right?" she says, being surprisingly ok with the situation. In fact, you'd expected her to be angrier than this, but it turns out she's pretty far from the image you always had in mind for a Dark Mage. She starts stretching a little to get rid of the cramp from being stuck without being able to move for so long, her long blonde hair nearly reaching the ground when she bended forward.

You start moving towards another trunk while she does the same.

"One heck of a birthday..."

"Oh? It's your birthday today? That's nice. I'm guessing... 15? That's when the youngest recruits tend to join, and you do seem rather young."

"Yep. Good guess. It definitely was an interesting one..." you say, looking back at both the fight with your mother and the incident at the Slavers' Camp.

You open a trunk to find the Soldier girl from before, her face suggesting that she had cried. You help her up and try to comfort her.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes, but... My brothers, they fought along with me, and... And..." she looks like she's about to tear up again.

"So... These slavers only took girls as their prisoners, did they?" you say, understanding the implications of what she was saying. She simply nods in response, and you move on to the next trunk.

You open another trunk and help a redhead Merchant. However, unlike you, the Soldier and the Dark Mage, she was... Naked. You quickly conclude that she must've been caught earlier, and hope that they hadn't done horrible things to her yet. You're kind of glad that you were caught when they were in a hurry, as things could've gone way worse. She thanks you and heads into the convoy, trying to see if her normal Clothing was in there. Luckily, the slavers seemingly kept the clothing and armour of victims to sell separately.

You open one last trunk, containing a village maiden, once again naked. She thanks you and the Merchant from before throws her clothes at her.

You then look back at the man from before, finally noticing just how intimidating her is. However, he also looks rather charismatic, and somewhat... Comforting. You're not sure why, but he seems to remind you of someone.

A.) You ask the other victims more about themselves in order to comfort them.

B.) You decide to ask the man who he is now that the others have been saved.

C.) You try to reorient yourself, as you have no idea where you are.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." Tony Benn
#60AranvoidPosted 5/18/2014 4:49:26 AM(edited)
B.

I'm glad to see your CYOA is doing better than mine lol. Keep up the good work Chriz.
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."