CYOA: The Conquest of Valm

#81Dragonball9899Posted 5/18/2014 12:49:47 PM
TestPilotVGC posted...
Dragonball9899 posted...
How would it be used properly though?

You just assign enemies stats and state them upfront.

Then you offer up several different battle scenarios for the audience to select from.
To keep it basic, I'll list a generic set of options:
A. Turtling
B. Rushing
C. Unit A and Unit C wait at the left, Unit B and Unit D go attack the enemy to the right.

Depending on how complicated you want it to be (whether you have a generic accuracy stat/multiplier, or whether you take into account weapon types) you use the RNG to determine whether your attack hits and whether your opponent's attack hits.
Then you keep track of HP until a unit hits 0.

Of course as the author, you have more tools at your disposal than just the RNG to affect the outcome of a battle sequence.

Thanks for the explanation, but I don't think I'm going to use one. Seems a little too confusing for me.

Sorry to hijack the topic!
---
"I'm glad I have your blessing to make Children with your sister."
#82Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 12:54:45 PM(edited)
I shall take Test's vote as a C, which means that C wins.

You decide to take a good look inside the convoy in hopes of finding a weapon that interests you. You soon find a heavy looking axe, a bow that looks a bit too big for you to handle and a tome that looks like you'd better not try it out when inexperienced with magic.

You soon find a smaller bow, a lance and a red tome with a fireball. You take a close look at the options before grabbing...

A.) The bow, you want to be able to safely attack an opponent if you're on the offense.

B.) The lance, as it can help you by giving you a melee weapon with a combination of range and decent strength.

C.) The tome, as you want to be capable of adjusting to those with stronger armour than you can take on with a sword.

Quick note; we shall continue down the path of B immediately after this. The two of them were actually interchangeable, hehe.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." Tony Benn
#83Dragonball9899Posted 5/18/2014 1:06:11 PM
C.

Sword/Tome/Staff sounds like a good combo.
---
"I'm glad I have your blessing to make Children with your sister."
#84TestPilotVGCPosted 5/18/2014 1:13:37 PM
A. Hide behind Walhart and fire arrows!

Who knows, maybe one of your arrows will 'accidentally' graze him or his steed?
---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.
#85OliviaJeckelPosted 5/18/2014 1:14:03 PM
B. The bow is too big and the tome isn't advised if you don't have experience with magic. It has the smallest downfall, in my opinion.
#86OliviaJeckelPosted 5/18/2014 1:22:44 PM
Okay so Chrizz informed me that I'm dumb and didn't read it right.. Whoops. So, I choose B, mainly because I prefer melee. :3 Did I do it right this time? :D
#87Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 1:24:24 PM
OliviaJeckel posted...
Okay so Chrizz informed me that I'm dumb and didn't read it right.. Whoops. So, I choose B, mainly because I prefer melee. :3 Did I do it right this time? :D

Yup, that's all right. Don't question me pulling people into this site solely for them to vote on my CYOA.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." Tony Benn
#88AranvoidPosted 5/18/2014 4:18:49 PM
Wit? I choose B lances have penetrating power.

By naga I didn't mean to make it sound naughty.

But hey at least our female MC wot use it on herself.

That'd be that freaky stuff right there.
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."
#89ryugin55Posted 5/18/2014 7:09:10 PM
B
---
I blame the community...
This is the part of my sig where I post some snarky sarcastic comment regarding the board's crazy devotion to waifu-ism.
#90Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:09:09 PM
All righty, B it is then.

You grab the lance you see, as it seems appealing to you. Its penetrating power and extended range both make it pretty interesting, and it allows you to fight on equal grounds with those with different weapon types. As you're picking it up and trying to thrust the air a few times to get used to its weight and grip, you hear the Dark Mage and Walhart talking, but you can't hear what they're saying.

You then head outside and see her walking towards you.

"I'm in as well. Let's hope we don't mess our own army up too badly..."

"Well, I haev a bit of a plan to settle this peacefully, though I'm not sure if it will work... Just give me some time to talk to Walhart, it should be fine."

"If you say so." she adds as she walks away.

You head towards Walhart and swallow your breath, taking a moment to recover from the sheer awe that comes from looking at this man. The moment you've calmed down you start talking to him.

"Sir Walhart."

"Charlotte."

"I think I found a way to settle things peacefully in my home country. I want to help you on your conquest, but I want to avoid casualties whenever possible."

"I agree with your philosophy, yet I do not bring mercy to those that oppose me. Explain how you think you can solve this peacefully."

"Well, this is a bit of a long story, but I'm the daughter of the duchess."

"So you propose that you settle this with your mother? A noble effort. We shall head there in this convoy and I shall give you a few hours. If you are indeed successful, then we shall win without the need for blood to be shed."

You thank Walhart and your small group continues head back. You decide to...

A.) Step into the convoy, you want to get as much rest in as you can.

B.) You walk along the convoy. You might as well try to keep your condition up by taking efforts like these.

Dangit Aran, don't give me ideas for later in the story.
---