CYOA: Serendipity

#1TestPilotVGCPosted 5/15/2014 2:58:39 PM
Hey everyone! This is my first CYOA, and I'll try to update rather frequently. Enjoy!

War is on the horizon. The once proud Valmese Empire fell under its own weight due to internal strife and has since collapsed into a sea of smaller countries. Relations remained strained between Roseanne, Chonísin, and the all-but-insignificant remnants of Valm. A lingering sense of mistrust has persisted as well as among the other nations that arose from the ashes of this once-proud empire. The state of affairs was a fragile and uneasy peace, if one could call it that , having secured by the shifty machinations of underhanded bureaucrats. All the continent needed was a spark to ignite it in the blaze of war.

One manís larger-than-life ambitions fueled that spark, and once more Valm is on the march. Through an irresistible propaganda machine, and the twin tools of fear and loyalty, Walhart begins to wage war with some of the smaller territories surrounding his domainÖ

You have observed these events unfolding for the for the past several years, waiting in vain for the situation to resolve itself as minor feuds always seemed to in the past. Now it is far too clear that this has gone beyond just a spat over borders. Walhart craves power, and his lust for it is insatiable. You decided to act within your full capacity as:

A. a young master of Wyvern Valley and prepare to counter force with force.
B. a political scholar and dynast of Chonísin who engages foes with words and sword alike.
C. a lance-wielding lord of the dukedom of Glasden.
D. a renowned sage, currently on a pilgrimage to a certain hamlet off the coast of Valm.
E. a mercenary of mixed Feroxi and Ylissian blood, raised to value both strength and intellect.
F. a Plegian dark mage who hopes to use the potential for war to resurrect Grima.

Please note the following:
As this is my first CYOA, and due to the nature of having a plethora of unnamed territories within the Valmese Continent, I'll be accepting a limited number of requests for OCs, and countries via PM.
If submitting a character, please provide a brief bio for me to work with.
If submitting a country, include a brief history, or cultural background.

---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.
#2OnlyAHeroPosted 5/15/2014 3:01:25 PM
Ugh... Scholar or sage...

B.
---
PSN: GiroTheHero
Official President Hakumen of the BBCP board. Keep The Order Alive.
#3Ephraim8Posted 5/15/2014 3:10:15 PM
C!!! Second Ephraim!!!
#4fawful_XPosted 5/15/2014 3:11:44 PM
C. Lancelord seems interesting.
---
Current Nuzlocke: Volt White 2 Uberhard: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/69109148
#5AranvoidPosted 5/15/2014 3:12:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6AranvoidPosted 5/15/2014 3:15:44 PM
Nyahhahahaahahahah I am a prophet.

The new age of CYOA has begun!

Bwhwahahhaahhahhh.

I mean,TC I choose C we need a lance wielding lord for a CYOA most use swords and the like.

And from last year there was already a Plegian dark Mage protag. We need something fresh.
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."
#7ryugin55Posted 5/15/2014 3:20:00 PM
F OR B! Lance or evil!
---
I blame the community...
This is the part of my sig where I post some snarky sarcastic comment regarding the board's crazy devotion to waifu-ism.
#8Dragonball9899Posted 5/15/2014 3:23:05 PM
C. What's with all the new CYOAs today? Not that I'm complaining.

Maybe I'll make my own if I can think of a good idea.
---
"I'm glad I have your blessing to make Children with your sister."
#931walcraebPosted 5/15/2014 3:26:48 PM
Dragonball9899 posted...

If you need ideas I have plenty.

I want to say f but b is awesome.
---
Back, sadly still in white (at least when it comes to skin)
#10ryugin55Posted 5/15/2014 3:28:27 PM
Dragonball9899 posted...

I think it's because...
1st) someone starts a somewhat successful CYOA
2nd) this brings back the nostalgic feel of when there were too many CYOAs to follow, waifu topics abounded, we had various trolls and 4/10 reviews, and more people would confront Endgame on his tsundere-ness for Lissa
3rd) someone posts a "what happened to..." topic and brought up everyone's nostalgic feelings to the surface instead of just simmering under the surface
4th) ???
5th) PROFIT!!!! (aka another overabundance of CYOAs and people reliving the glory days of the board)
---
I blame the community...
This is the part of my sig where I post some snarky sarcastic comment regarding the board's crazy devotion to waifu-ism.