CYOA: Serendipity

#31Neosephiroth666Posted 5/16/2014 9:28:23 AM
Eh, B. Also, it was definitely me who brought the CYOA community here back. And yes, I am arrogant. Rightly so. But that doesn't make it any less true.

Any CYOA topic I enter explodes within a day or so. Watch. In a couple days, this CYOA will be at 10+ pages, simply because I voted here. Behold, the great Admiral Neo, Lord of All CYOAs.
---
Come one, come all! The mad and wonderful world of UB has found a new home! http://www.cyoa-verse.boards.net
/ Shameless advertising
#32AranvoidPosted 5/16/2014 9:39:35 AM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
Eh, B. Also, it was definitely me who brought the CYOA community here back. And yes, I am arrogant. Rightly so. But that doesn't make it any less true.

Any CYOA topic I enter explodes within a day or so. Watch. In a couple days, this CYOA will be at 10+ pages, simply because I voted here. Behold, the great Admiral Neo, Lord of All CYOAs.

Back to CYOA verse Neo! Btw since you are here... Where should I write my future CYOA?
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."
#33Neosephiroth666Posted 5/16/2014 10:13:28 AM
Aran, just write your CYOA wherever you feel most comfortable. Either here or the Verse is fine. I'll participate either way. :)
---
Come one, come all! The mad and wonderful world of UB has found a new home! http://www.cyoa-verse.boards.net
/ Shameless advertising
#34AranvoidPosted 5/16/2014 10:14:42 AM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
Aran, just write your CYOA wherever you feel most comfortable. Either here or the Verse is fine. I'll participate either way. :)

Agreed. It'll be up by tommorow.
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."
#35ryugin55Posted 5/16/2014 10:15:56 AM
B, but still take the sword after, and depending on what he says, do A after
---
I blame the community...
This is the part of my sig where I post some snarky sarcastic comment regarding the board's crazy devotion to waifu-ism.
#36TestPilotVGC(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 1:09:55 PM
Only three votes, and all of them are for B...

Anyone else want to challenge the status quo, or voice an opinion?
---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.
#37TestPilotVGC(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 2:20:24 PM(edited)
So B wins. Here's how your interrogation plays out:

“Who are you, and why did you attempt to rob me?”, you demand, realizing too late that your voice would be a dead giveaway.

“Oh gods, Lord Edmond, I had no idea it was you sir! You must believe me!”

“I’m obligated to do no such thing. The penalty for theft of a noble’s possessions is a fine of up to twice the amount stolen, and a prison sentence of a duration determined by a jury of your peers. The penalty for assault of a noble varies from a minimum ten year sentence to life, depending on the severity of the offense. However, I’m feeling somewhat merciful. Tell me your name, your business in these parts, and why you attempted to steal from me. I may just issue a more lenient sentence.”

“Gladly milord. I’m known as Symond the Seeker, a messenger of Duke Coterel. As you may be aware, Lord Coterel is the Duke of Arafelle, the borders of which lie a week’s hard march southeast of here. A fortnight ago, a man known as Walhart the Conqueror sacked Arafelle and made it his dominion. While I was fortunate enough to escape, my friends and family, and many of my colleagues were otherwise killed or pressed into service. The Lord Duke Coterel personally entrusted me and several others with this letter of writ, beseeching aid from any of the nearby duchies. What few supplies I could take with me were quickly expended, forcing me to fall back on my prior occupation. I… have nimble fingers. I must admit that this blade I carry was snatched from your armory just this morning. For that, I am most terribly sorry.”

“So, you admit that you are a thief, and one who stole from my own household no less?”

Was a thief milord. It was never my first choice in occupation, and I have but resorted to it now out of sheer necessity. And did you hear nothing else of what I said?”

“Peace. I heard you. If what you claim is the truth, than you would be willing to show me this writ from Duke Coterel. And do so slowly. Any sudden movements, and Arafelle will be short one more messenger.”

Symond gulps nervously, the convulsing of his throat causing a trickle of blood to issue where skin met blade. “At once milord. See, here it is.”

You take the rolled up parchment from Symond, still glancing at him through your peripheral vision. The notice reads as follows:

Dear Esteemed Sir or Madam,
As I pen this letter, Walhart currently has all of Arafelle under siege and is on the verge of taking her. We have attempted to hold out as valiantly as only we could, but alas, our best was not enough. It is too late for us, but I implore you, spread the word throughout Valm. Convene in a summit with your fellow nobles, so as to pose a united resistance against this tyrant. Only then will our demise not have been in vain, and only then shall our ashes lie in peace.
Honorably Yours,
Duke Nichol Colterel of Arafelle

“Seems a bit brief to be coming from a noble, don’t you think?”, you ask with a raised eyebrow.

“The duke wrote this notice hastily. In light of the circumstances surrounding this notice, I pray you understand.”

“I think I understand the situation all too well”, you reply grimly.

Do you:
A. Kill Symond for his prior offenses, while claiming the letter is either a forgery or else evidence of desertion?
B. Take back the gold and blade he stole from you, and claim the writ and any of his other possessions as recompense?
C. State that in exchange for sparing him, he owes you a life-debt and must accompany you while you endeavor to get to the bottom of this situation?
D. Denounce Symond as a fraud and have him put in the stocks to await further judgment.
---
#38fawful_XPosted 5/16/2014 2:24:12 PM(edited)
C, but be incredibly wary of him.

Hey, free early-game thief! Assuming we can steal stuff from enemies, we have a potentially massive boost to income in this messenger. Also, don't we get back the gold he stole from us with C, too?
---
Current Nuzlocke: Volt White 2 Uberhard: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/69109148
#39ryugin55Posted 5/16/2014 2:25:28 PM
C! If we bored later we can always just kill him!

(oh dear my CYOA is starting to affect me...)
---
I blame the community...
This is the part of my sig where I post some snarky sarcastic comment regarding the board's crazy devotion to waifu-ism.
#40TestPilotVGC(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 3:05:58 PM
fawful_X posted...
C, but be incredibly wary of him.

Hey, free early-game thief! Assuming we can steal stuff from enemies, we have a potentially massive boost to income in this messenger. Also, don't we get back the gold he stole from us with C, too?

Yup, if you guys bring Symond aboard, you may be able to steal items from most enemies.

You do get the gold back as well.
---