Question about marriage/recruits. *Possible spoilers*

#1GeseIIschaftPosted 5/18/2014 7:41:11 PM
Okay so I'm only at chapter 4, but I learned about the marriage and child system a bit.

However I find it slightly confusing. I guess classes and stats can be passed on between certain units, but I suppose for now I'm not overly worried about that, since it's my first playthrough, on hard classic, I'll just enjoy the game.

My avatar is female, and the easy likely choice is Chrom. Do I loose out on certain children by picking certain husbands? Like, I guess Chrom and an Olivia girl whom I have yet to meet is a good pairing, but if I go with Chrom do I lose out on that child? I know regardless I get Morgan.

Please try to keep the spoilers as minimal as possible, this is the one concession I'm making for the sake of not being upset later in the game lol.
---
"Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine." ~Scissors
S button is a taunt button and it allows you to taunt mid-match.
#2Strawberry_EggsPosted 5/18/2014 7:47:32 PM(edited)
Marrying Chrom is the only way for the female Avatar to have two children. Marry any other guy, and she will only have one: Morgan. Chrom will have at least one child regardless of who he marries. You will still recruit Chrom's child as he always gets married, but by having Chrom marry the female Avatar, neat, spoilery things happen.

I'll just add that I adore the Chrom x Female Avatar pairing/family. :)
---
Why you are here is a profound mystery indeed.
#3GranilisPosted 5/18/2014 7:45:36 PM
Children are all based on female characters so as long as you marry off all the women you'll get all the kids
---
"Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves"-Cordelia Fc- 1864 8906 8390
Friend Safari: Swadloon, Pansage, and Quildalin
#4OwnagepuffsPosted 5/18/2014 7:49:10 PM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
I'll just say that I adore the Chrom x Female Avatar pairing/family.

I second this. Robin x Chrom is such an amazing couple. Have you seen that Summer Scramble conversation? Chrom's dork levels are just too high. You can tell Chrom would be a fantastic husband and father.

It sucks that RFK is a novelty skill instead of a good one. None of Chrom's kids have a practical use for it outside of streetpass trolling, but Cynthia certainly appreciates Aether.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#5unknownuberPosted 5/18/2014 7:52:38 PM
Marrying Chrom is the only way to have 2 children as FeMu. Chrom and Mu are the only units that have 2 kids. That pairing is pretty good because
Your other kid Lucina can be in any class and is pretty good overall.
#6GeseIIschaft(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 7:55:00 PM
Awesome, thank you very much ^^
---
"Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine." ~Scissors
S button is a taunt button and it allows you to taunt mid-match.
#7MalcolmMasherPosted 5/18/2014 9:18:31 PM
Do I loose out on certain children by picking certain husbands?

It is possible to permanently miss out on Sumia's daughter by pairing all of Sumia's possible husbands up with other girls. (This isn't normally an issue, but Sumia has an unusually short support list.)
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
#8Strawberry_EggsPosted 5/18/2014 9:25:28 PM
Ah yes, I almost forgot. It is possible to leave Sumia without a husband. For reference, Sumia's potential grooms are Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, Henry, and the male Avatar.
---
Why you are here is a profound mystery indeed.
#9LORDDRAGON1995Posted 5/18/2014 9:33:29 PM
Lucina is fine with any mother that gives her Galeforce, and probably FeMU is better off with a 2nd gen to stack maximum mods for Morgan.
---
FE: Awakening Cherche fanboy
3DS friend code: 3110-5173-3183