Ugh, Chapter 8. (*Spoilers*)

#1HakuMan111386Posted 5/18/2014 8:19:31 PM
I hate these type of desert missions from Path of Radiance. How am I suppose to save Gregor and Nowi? Damnit. >_<
#2almostexactlyPosted 5/18/2014 8:24:11 PM(edited)
Run them backwards? They're under your control from turn 1, nothing should be able to hit them when you retreat for turn 1. Even if you can't rendezvous straight away, Nowi should be able to take a few hits unless you started your first playthrough on Lunatic or something.
#3MalcolmMasherPosted 5/18/2014 9:10:09 PM
Don't forget that you can pair Gregor up with Nowi. His Mercenary class gives Speed and Defense, which does a fair bit to help Nowi stay alive.

You can also use a Rescue staff to grab them out of the center and over to your team; if you don't have one, the northeast village does.
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
#4davidledsmaPosted 5/18/2014 9:35:32 PM
Really, just charging the first two turns while Gregor and Nowi retreat will work fine.
---
Cinccino is amazing. 5LJW-WWWW-WWW5-DU9E
B39W-WWWW-WWW5-ESTD
#5I_eat_tablesPosted 5/18/2014 11:02:26 PM
As others have said, pair up and retreat them backwards, pretty much nothing can kill them if you press forward at the same time. This chapter also isn't really much desert in the middle, it's mostly plains, so it's not nearly as bad as most former deserts. Chapter 9 and one of the Side Stories are the game's real desert chapters, but even they have plenty of plains to get you through without too much pain.

Also, just wondering, but Malcolm, is your signature a reference to the game Dominion?
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#6MalcolmMasherPosted 5/19/2014 5:13:13 PM
It is, indeed. Dominion excels.
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
#7FowhawkPosted 5/19/2014 5:16:55 PM
If you have the Rescue staff from Donnel's paralouge still that can get them to the group pretty quick if you pair Lissa/Maribelle with Ricken/Miriel for a magic bonus to get a few extra spaces of Rescue reach.
---
3DS FC: 0774 4302 3711
FS: Tangela, Sawsbuck, Quiladan