Do you guys think I should make the huge dip for Path of Radiance?

#1RetroGamerGuyPosted 5/18/2014 9:13:45 PM
I ask this question here because well, it's a Fire Emblem board.

I'm currently in a SRPG crave right now and Path of Radiance looks good. I've played Awakening, some of you might know that I absolutely loved it (thank you $15 Best Buy sale!), and I'm currently going through FE7 which is pretty good. But I just don't know. I mean it's a lot of money and there are several upcoming 3DS and Vita games I want to get. Should I save up money over the summer and pick it up? Or should I forget about it and find something else?

(Btw, can't download a ROM unfortunately, my computer is pretty weak. Can't even handle a PS1 emulator.)
---
Favorite game ever is Twilight Princess on GC. Weird huh?
#2Master_GamerPosted 5/18/2014 9:17:19 PM
Personally I would just keep an eye on Amazon/Ebay until a "good" deal pops up.
---
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.
#3RetroGamerGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:21:09 PM(edited)
Master_Gamer posted...
Personally I would just keep an eye on Amazon/Ebay until a "good" deal pops up.

Well there is this selling of like the case, cover art, and manuals. I'm thinking of getting that so I can just buy the disc only for a reasonable price. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of listings of disc only right now so I'll have to bide my time.
---
#4MagistrixZellPosted 5/19/2014 7:30:09 AM
It is a quality game, my personal favourite FE, but it's your money.

It was hell getting a copy here though, ugh.
#5EndgamePosted 5/19/2014 2:44:36 PM
is it really that much? I got Custom Robo for about $23 off eBay

.....so why don't you try and do that instead? Custom Robo is a MUCH better game than PoR, PoR is trash, have Ike rush into the enemies and win, and Ike isn't even the strongest unit until he has Ragnell (and once he does, he approaches R/B/Gr/Y Mewtwo levels of stupid overpoweredness)

plus, you're playing through Blazing Sword, aka the only good Fire Emblem to get released outside of Japan, anyway, just play that
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#6WinsagePosted 5/19/2014 2:51:24 PM
It'll probably show up on VC in a few years if you're content to wait.
---
NNid: Windsage
#7RetroGamerGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2014 2:55:40 PM(edited)
Endgame posted...
is it really that much? I got Custom Robo for about $23 off eBay

.....so why don't you try and do that instead? Custom Robo is a MUCH better game than PoR, PoR is trash, have Ike rush into the enemies and win, and Ike isn't even the strongest unit until he has Ragnell (and once he does, he approaches R/B/Gr/Y Mewtwo levels of stupid overpoweredness)

plus, you're playing through Blazing Sword, aka the only good Fire Emblem to get released outside of Japan, anyway, just play that

Custom Robo... Hmm. Sounds familiar. I'll look up gameplay on it later.

But I'm currently in this mentality where I'm just like, get all the expensive s*** first before it goes up anymore, then buy all the cheaper s***. Unfortunately, with retro games they can jump or lower in price at any second so I have to watch out. But Fire Emblem games? No, they don't jump down. Might as well get it before it goes up anymore.
---
#8RetroGamerGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2014 2:53:02 PM
MagistrixZell posted...
It is a quality game, my personal favourite FE, but it's your money.

It was hell getting a copy here though, ugh.

I know. $75-80 complete? Ugh.
---
#9Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 5/19/2014 2:57:38 PM
yeah, apparently it pays to have been a fire emblem fan back when FE7 was localized.

i'll never forget the day radiant dawn came out. i bought it day 1 and it was the best day of my life.

i highly highly recommend playing FE9 and FE10, because IMO they are the best fire emblem games in the series and also the best games ive ever played in my life.

i do not recommend paying that much money though. i'd say try to go for incomplete copies with just the game disc and no case or manual. that should make it a little cheaper.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_NBCS1u_zs
#10CharizardFirePosted 5/19/2014 3:26:54 PM
I say go for it if you have the chance.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif