On "Canon", and how it is against the very spirit of Fire Emblem: Awakening

#1117MasterPosted 5/19/2014 3:04:03 AM
You have low standards when it comes to dreams if the latter two are among your greatest.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
Official Milotic of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire boards.
#12ThatKippPosted 5/19/2014 8:41:08 PM
And yet Sigurd x Deirdre, Cuan x Ethlin, and Levin x Fury are canon

The game doesn't even force you into that last one, and yet they confirm it in Thracia 776
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
#13Sophos-Z(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2014 11:11:00 PM
17Master posted...
You have low standards when it comes to dreams if the latter two are among your greatest.

Heh, I know that Sazuke isn't exactly the greatest of gentlemen, but I'm interested regardless. Can't speak for Endgame, though. I just know that his hatred of Lissa is almost meme-worthy... but I digress.

ThatKipp posted...

The game doesn't even force you into that last one, and yet they confirm it in Thracia 776

Those games are different from Awakening, yes? I don't see your point.
#14ThatKippPosted 5/20/2014 1:13:48 PM
Sophos-Z posted...
ThatKipp posted...

Those pairings are from FE4, where the marriage/children system is far more important than this game. Almost every new game mechanic in FE4 relates to the love system. If canon is against the spirit of FE13, it's definitely against the spirit of FE4.
---
#15AranvoidPosted 5/20/2014 1:17:35 PM
ThatKipp posted...
Sophos-Z posted...
ThatKipp posted...

Those pairings are from FE4, where the marriage/children system is far more important than this game. Almost every new game mechanic in FE4 relates to the love system. If canon is against the spirit of FE13, it's definitely against the spirit of FE4.

Well to be fair...in those games two of the three pairings you listed were automatically displayed in the players face as canon.

Only levin x fury can help your argument.

And besides fe4 was predominately dominated for second gen because if I'm correct, they have far more chapters than 1st gen who only have five.
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."
#16ThatKippPosted 5/20/2014 1:18:52 PM
Aranvoid posted...
And besides fe4 was predominately dominated for second gen because if I'm correct, they have far more chapters than 1st gen who only have five.

Gen 1 has chapters 1-5 + the prologue, and gen 2 has chapters 6-10 plus the endgame. So they both have 6 chapters.
---
#17Sophos-Z(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2014 12:05:14 AM
ThatKipp posted...
Sophos-Z posted...
ThatKipp posted...

*Sigh* If you actually read my main argument, you would have realized that your claim is missing my point entirely. I'd advise checking the bit about overturning destiny especially.
#18pasabiPosted 5/21/2014 4:49:40 AM
Im at border sands and i just got a single barracks with chrom and sumia after segregating them religiously that would put them in c rank. Plus they are in the intro. Maybe can be called not canon but its obviously a setup by the devs... I'm kinda mad. I don't want the same gd pair every game
#19Strawberry_EggsPosted 5/21/2014 6:08:42 AM
As long as you don't see their C support, it doesn't count. It's not hard to pair Chrom with whomever you want, though Olivia and the Maiden might require extra work (why would you want to with the latter, I don't know).
---
Why you are here is a profound mystery indeed.
#20pasabiPosted 5/21/2014 4:53:44 PM
Yea I'm skipping barracks till I get Olivia I guess. Couple more fights..