Can anyone help me with my pairings?

#1greatgooglygoPosted 6/5/2014 2:13:05 AM
Hello!

So I'm on Hard Classic mode right now and I was wondering what pairings I should go for/what skills I should pass down to help make everyone as good as possible.

Yarne, Brady, Severa And Noire are my favorite characters, so I would like to make them super strong, but I'm terrible at planning things like this out.

Right now my pairs are:

Chrom x Olivia

MU x Tharja

Cordy x Lon'qu

Lissa x Ricken

Vaike x Nowi

But I'm unsure who to pair with:

Maribelle, Cherche, Miriel (bless her heart for having such a terrible child,) Panne, Sully, and Sumia

Any recommendations? Are there any pairings i should break up to make my characters better? I want to attempt Apotheosis if possible, so if that plays into the parings in any way, cool.

Thanks for any help, you guys!
#2RayThrustPosted 6/5/2014 5:04:20 AM
Maribelle x Virion, Gaius, Henry, Libra

Cherche x Stahl, Fred

Miriel x Gregor, Fred. The former makes a good sorc, the latter makes a good supp.

Panne x Gregor, Gaius, Fred, Kellam, Stahl

Sully x Donnel.

Sumia x Henry, Gaius
#3MelonGxPosted 6/5/2014 5:19:12 AM(edited)
Cherche x Fred is bad.
For power, it equals to Str+1 Berserker which is less than Virion x Cherche.
For hit, Hit+20 access >>> non-Hit+20 access.

Miriel x Fred is bad either.
Laurent requires either hi-Mag or Vantage.
Hi-Mag for high Dual Strike power.
Vantage for Musou-ing everyone except Range 1 Counters and Longbows in enemy phase by marrying Lucina.
#4OwnagepuffsPosted 6/5/2014 10:24:53 AM
>Sees Chrom x Olivia again

I'm gonna go kick newborn kittens now.

MelonGx posted...
Cherche x Fred is bad.
For power, it equals to Str+1 Berserker which is less than Virion x Cherche.
For hit, Hit+20 access >>> non-Hit+20 access.

Miriel x Fred is bad either.
Laurent requires either hi-Mag or Vantage.
Hi-Mag for high Dual Strike power.
Vantage for Musou-ing everyone except Range 1 Counters and Longbows in enemy phase by marrying Lucina.

Stahl!Gerome master race once again :P

Laurent x Lucina all the way. Lucina for Player Phase, Laurent for enemy phase. Definitely my strongest couple at the moment.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#5OwnagepuffsPosted 6/5/2014 10:27:09 AM
Anyway, for the OP. My pairing chart: http://i.imgur.com/JVpTCyF.jpg

greatgooglygo posted...
Miriel (bless her heart for having such a terrible child,)

OP pls. Gregor!Laurent is an extremely powerful child.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#6Vortex_OblivionPosted 6/5/2014 10:36:02 AM
Ownagepuffs posted...

Your Chrolivia hate make me so sad :( And why kicking poor innocent kittens?
#7OwnagepuffsPosted 6/5/2014 10:42:35 AM
Vortex_Oblivion posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...

I actually don't hate the pairing itself. The support between them is actually really cute and dorky and the couple is a pretty nifty FE4 reference. But when it comes up in optimization, I wanna kick kittens of the newborn variety lol.
---
-Apollo Justice
#8greatgooglygo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2014 4:08:21 PM
Ownagepuffs posted...
Vortex_Oblivion posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...

I actually don't hate the pairing itself. The support between them is actually really cute and dorky and the couple is a pretty nifty FE4 reference. But when it comes up in optimization, I wanna kick kittens of the newborn variety lol.

When it comes to optimization... I just like Inigo with blue hair more than I like Cynthia with blue hair >_>

Okay, so Miriel x Gregor seems to be a favorite, so ill go with that.
But now how do i decide between all of the options for Maribelle? Is Stahl any good as Yarne's father? And does Sumia x Frederick make a bad Cynthia?

Thanks for your patience and assistance!
#9AranvoidPosted 6/5/2014 4:31:58 PM
Sumia and fredericks max modifiers class.

You are better off doing sumia x Henry.
---
"I am the young Emperor,Serlen. Heir to the dragons, descendent of the Hero-Emperor,Ardlin."
"Yes,as heroic as he was,and foolish too."
#10CharizardFirePosted 6/5/2014 4:35:17 PM
Let's see...

Maribelle: Brady actually has basically everything he needs by default. You might as well go with someone with a positive magic mod to boost Brady's power.
Cherche: Generally, you'll want Cherche to marry either a guy with access to Great Knight or a guy with access to Barbarian. Unfortunately, the only father that offers both is a male Avatar. Since that's not an option here, you need to decide if you want Gerome to be a frontliner (in that case, you should have Cherche marry someone with Great Knight access) or a supporter (in that case, you should have Cherche marry someone with Barbarian access).
Miriel: Go with Gregor.
Panne: Have her marry someone with access to Great Knight.
Sully: I would normally recommend Donnel, but since you're not pairing Gaius with Tharja, that's a viable alternative.
Sumia: Her best husband outside of Chrom or a male Avatar would be Henry. If you decide that you want Gerome to have access to Barbarian, then you should probably have Henry marry Cherche instead and have Sumia marry Gaius.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif