Can anyone help me with my pairings?

#31OwnagepuffsPosted 6/12/2014 6:03:06 PM
greatgooglygo posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...
Aldaar777 posted...
Give sumia to henry for sure .
Not sure about the rest tought .

If someone suggests this one more time I will cut a b****. Chrom and Sumia should be marrying each other at all times. Real talk. Aether > everything Henry has to offer Cynthia.

I do agree that aether Cynthia is awesome, but i like Blue Hair Inigo more than Blue Hair Cynthia, so that creates problems for Cynthia's pairings. Is Gerome even that useful? Should I give Henry to Sumia and have a terrible Gerome?
And why are axes so awesome compared to all of the other weapons? I thought tomes were generally considered better because of their 1-2 range.

If you want Blue Hair Inigo for personal preference only, then go for it. But as far as optimization is concerned, Chrom!Cynthia is the closest thing you get to a second Lucina. As a Husband Gerome makes for a fantastic support. Aggressor Axefaire Gerome hits like a freakin' truck.

Axes are awesome because Hector uses Axes. Actually it is because they have WTA over the most common weapon type. But lances aren't as frequent in this game as they were in FE7 (from what I've read). Axes are just damn cool weapons, and girls with Axefaire are badass.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#32greatgooglygo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 6:16:21 PM
Ownagepuffs posted...

If you want Blue Hair Inigo for personal preference only, then go for it. But as far as optimization is concerned, Chrom!Cynthia is the closest thing you get to a second Lucina. As a Husband Gerome makes for a fantastic support. Aggressor Axefaire Gerome hits like a freakin' truck.

Axes are awesome because Hector uses Axes. Actually it is because they have WTA over the most common weapon type. But lances aren't as frequent in this game as they were in FE7 (from what I've read). Axes are just damn cool weapons, and girls with Axefaire are badass.

Yeah I'm starting to understand that hard mode needs no optimization, so i'm gonna go with Chrom!Inigo. Ive actually never tried Chrom x Sumia because her character sorta bothers me, but I am going to try out all of the pairs suggested in the thread for a future lunatic/lunatic+ run.

So back to Gerome: should i leave Henry with Cherche to get a good Gerome, or put Henry with Sumia to get an excellent Cynthia and pair Cherche with some random guy? Or is Cynthia good enough with Gaius that i can leave Henry and Cherche together?
#33OwnagepuffsPosted 6/12/2014 9:33:46 PM(edited)
greatgooglygo posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...

Yeah I'm starting to understand that hard mode needs no optimization, so i'm gonna go with Chrom!Inigo. Ive actually never tried Chrom x Sumia because her character sorta bothers me, but I am going to try out all of the pairs suggested in the thread for a future lunatic/lunatic+ run.

So back to Gerome: should i leave Henry with Cherche to get a good Gerome, or put Henry with Sumia to get an excellent Cynthia and pair Cherche with some random guy? Or is Cynthia good enough with Gaius that i can leave Henry and Cherche together?

Cynthia is good with literally all of her dads, even Freddy. Gaius x Sumia produces a Cynthia with waaay too much Speed and Skill. She also can get Sol from Gaius and Assassin access. Gaius!Cynthia is the second best Cynthia because Cynthia will get access to Astra + Luna proc stack (it's actually the ONLY Cynthia with access to this proc stack), which is the second best proc stack behind Aether + Luna. Gaius!Cynthia has 1 Skill and 1 Speed over Chrom!Cynthia IIRC, but Chrom!Cynthia has enough Speed to double Anna and the Wave 2 Sniper of Apotheosis anyway so speed is irrelevant. The 1 Skill difference means Gaius!Cynthia will activate Luna 1% more often than Chrom!Cynthia and activate Astra roughly 0% more than Chrom!Cynthia will activate Aether. Proc rate difference is negligible. This is assuming they are both Dark Fliers. Gaius!Cynthia can opt for Assassin as well, giving her 7 more Skl than Dark Flier but considering that the enemies in Apo tend to have way more defense than Res the Swordfaire Assassin loses pretty hard to Tomefaire Dark Flier in terms of both damage and movement. There is also the opportunity cost of marrying Gaius to Sumia and wasting his Pegasus Knight conversion. You give up a Galeforce unit for a somewhat better Cynthia.

Cherche x Henry produces a rather unique Gerome. Good Strength as usual, Axefaire access and he gets some new support options with Anathema. He'll never see the front lines though due to lacking a proc (Gerome isn't necessarily the best choice for Vengeance).

Up to you man. If you don't care about losing a Galeforce unit keep Gaius x Sumia and Henry x Cherche.

Sorry for the wall of text.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#34greatgooglygo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 10:20:02 PM
Ownagepuffs posted...
-Wall of text-

I appreciate the wall of text!

And since MaMu is marrying Tharja, only Nah will be missing galeforce, just because i prefer the Vaike x Nowi support so much and it would be hard to choose another pairing for me. I'm not sure how to make her useable, but I'll figure something out.

I'm also sorta excited to see how Gerome will turn out because I don't think I've ever used him in game because I focused on Brady, Severa, Yarne, and Noire on my first run through the game and they sorta stuck with me. But thank you OwnagePuff and everyone else who helped me! I'll make sure to learn a bit more on my own before I ask any questions. Thanks for being so helpful in my first topic ever!
#35OwnagepuffsPosted 6/12/2014 10:25:55 PM
greatgooglygo posted...
And since MaMu is marrying Tharja, only Nah will be missing galeforce, just because i prefer the Vaike x Nowi support so much and it would be hard to choose another pairing for me. I'm not sure how to make her useable, but I'll figure something out.

Vaike!Nah's the best non-galeforce Nah so you're good. Axefaire Hero Hard Support is usually her endgame/post game role, but her solid mods and Luna access means she can play frontliner if the need ever arises. I really like the Vaike x Nowi support as well.

I'm also sorta excited to see how Gerome will turn out because I don't think I've ever used him in game because I focused on Brady, Severa, Yarne, and Noire on my first run through the game and they sorta stuck with me. But thank you OwnagePuff and everyone else who helped me! I'll make sure to learn a bit more on my own before I ask any questions. Thanks for being so helpful in my first topic ever!

No prob, and best of luck to you!
---
-Apollo Justice