Bug with voices? Help please!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Bug with voices? Help please!

User Info: Cyath

Cyath
2 years ago#1
Just got the game, enjoying it immensely so far, but there's a small bug I've noticed with the voices...when I set them to Japanese, initially everything was voiced, but later when I restarted the game, only the cutscene dialogue is voiced in Japanese, everything else was in English.

So I restarted the game and I set the voices to English, and then everything was in English. Then I set it to Japanese and then everything was in Japanese...until the next time I played the game, when only the cutscenes were in Japanese again.

Is this normal? I thought all the voices were supposed to change. I read somewhere else that you have to switch the voice language every time the game starts, but the game remembered my setting just fine (except that I only got Japanese voices in the cutscene)

I'm kind of confused now because I can't even trust the setting on the game to know what voices I have currently set. Can anyone help?
"There is no one simple truth." - Rune Walsh

User Info: Tables

Tables
2 years ago#2
Yeah, this bug is well known. You need to change the settings every time if you want them in Japanese. Your call on if you think that's worth it (personally I prefer dubbed anyway, so it's a moot point, but for others, it's a trickier call).
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia

User Info: Cyath

Cyath
2 years ago#3
But when I start the game, the games says they are in Japanese...is it a trick of some kind?

Also, like I said in my original post, I remember switching them once and they stayed in English.

Urgh, it's still confusing. :(
"There is no one simple truth." - Rune Walsh
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Bug with voices? Help please!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived