Bug with voices? Help please!

#1CyathPosted 6/12/2014 2:44:41 AM
Just got the game, enjoying it immensely so far, but there's a small bug I've noticed with the voices...when I set them to Japanese, initially everything was voiced, but later when I restarted the game, only the cutscene dialogue is voiced in Japanese, everything else was in English.

So I restarted the game and I set the voices to English, and then everything was in English. Then I set it to Japanese and then everything was in Japanese...until the next time I played the game, when only the cutscenes were in Japanese again.

Is this normal? I thought all the voices were supposed to change. I read somewhere else that you have to switch the voice language every time the game starts, but the game remembered my setting just fine (except that I only got Japanese voices in the cutscene)

I'm kind of confused now because I can't even trust the setting on the game to know what voices I have currently set. Can anyone help?
---
"There is no one simple truth." - Rune Walsh
#2I_eat_tablesPosted 6/12/2014 2:49:29 AM
Yeah, this bug is well known. You need to change the settings every time if you want them in Japanese. Your call on if you think that's worth it (personally I prefer dubbed anyway, so it's a moot point, but for others, it's a trickier call).
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#3Cyath(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 5:01:31 PM
But when I start the game, the games says they are in Japanese...is it a trick of some kind?

Also, like I said in my original post, I remember switching them once and they stayed in English.

Urgh, it's still confusing. :(
---
"There is no one simple truth." - Rune Walsh