Is it too late for me to I get Chrom with Olivia?

#11KuzuryuSubaruPosted 6/13/2014 3:27:27 AM
MelonGx posted...
Restart the game if it's impossible to continue your plan on FeMU/Sumia/Sully/Maribelle's marriage.

BTW,
I'll say no one can do a Lunatic+ No-grind with the following restrictions:
1) FeMU with Def flaw
2) Chrom x Olivia

FeMu with Defence Flaw? That is a whole new difficulty tier above Lunatic.

If a soldier sneezes it will probably tear her HP apart.
---
They went out of their way to make us pay for features that could have easily been added as a free, offline, inclusive function
-4chan anon on PokeTransfer
#12almostexactlyPosted 6/13/2014 10:00:34 AM
Is the reason for specifying FeMU because of Chrom x Olivia where FeMU isn't allowed to support Chrom until he gets married proper?
#13OwnagepuffsPosted 6/13/2014 10:13:09 AM
almostexactly posted...
Is the reason for specifying FeMU because of Chrom x Olivia where FeMU isn't allowed to support Chrom until he gets married proper?

Part of it. There are a few reasons I can think of.

First, Chrom isn't allowed to support FeMU, which is pretty important. This means Chrom and Kellam are going to spend a lot of time together for the Def boost. Freddy and FeMU will still be possible. No FeMU x Chrom means it is hard to keep the game over unit out of trouble.

Chrom x Olivia, while it does a produce a killer post game Lucina (which is outclassed by Sumia!Lucina anyway but that is besides the point), is terrible for main game. First, Lucina (a really important unit) will have bad bases because Dancer Olivia has bad offensive bases.

Also, of all of Chrom's second children (Brady, Cynthia, Morgan, Sully, Inigo), Inigo is by far the hardest to recruit. Every other second child to Chrom has a somewhat easy and manageable paralogue but Inigo's is on a completely different level compared to the rest. This means no second child, especially if no-grind.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#14almostexactlyPosted 6/13/2014 10:25:32 AM
Oh, I get that Olivia isn't viable as a spouse in no-grind, was just wondering if FeMU was specified over MaMU because of the Chrom marriage/support issue.
#15OwnagepuffsPosted 6/13/2014 10:31:04 AM
almostexactly posted...
Oh, I get that Olivia isn't viable as a spouse in no-grind, was just wondering if FeMU was specified over MaMU because of the Chrom marriage/support issue.

Huh, didn't think about it that way. Yeah I bet that's the reason. Melon is evil.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#16RadiantGodPosted 6/13/2014 7:51:45 PM
I_eat_tables posted...
RadiantGod posted...
I_eat_tables posted...
A Seed of Trust just gives you one support point..

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Support

Seeds of Trust in a pair up gives 9 support. You are wrong about support ranks.

I'm not. I was just half asleep and forgot that most people refer to suppots in a different way to me. Normally I just translate back into the old way which is used on SF and stuff, but I forgot here. IMO, the way I do it is a lot more logical (none of this rounding to the nearest 9 support point nonense), but until we can actually hack the game and see how support data is stored, both are equally valid interpretations.

I suppose. XD
---
I am a descendant of both Marth's and Ike's family lines. Ragnell and Falchion are both mine to use. My Fire Emblem class would be Radiant Hero-King.
#17VolknPosted 6/13/2014 10:45:04 PM
It's funny how ownagepuffs constantly ridicules ChromXOlivia in any topic about them. lel

But if your doing a no grind run anyway, its best to ignore all/most of the children, they are simply not worth it.
#18OwnagepuffsPosted 6/14/2014 4:28:56 AM
Volkn posted...
It's funny how ownagepuffs constantly ridicules ChromXOlivia in any topic about them. lel

But if your doing a no grind run anyway, its best to ignore all/most of the children, they are simply not worth it.

You caught me red handed. I think general consensus is still that Chrom x Olivia and Henry x Sumia is optimal, so I'm trying to change public opinion. But as far as this topic is concerned I was just listing the faults of the marriage for main game. CxO has some problems in a no grind.
---
-Apollo Justice
#19Pepsi_AlPosted 6/14/2014 4:44:37 AM(edited)
^ Just be glad that not many (if any) people actually claim that either Henry/Sumia are canon in spite of whatever's working against it. Which is more than I can say for a certain Lord/Pegasus Knight pair, and a certain Lord/Mounted Archer pair. Both of which are from FE7.

Makes me glad that the general public opinion of the two pairs in question drastically changed once more people analyzed FE7 more thoroughly.