Spoiler - This game has unrealistic view of love and unrealistic characters

#1OrganicExpPosted 6/12/2014 4:09:43 PM
From first love straight to marriage? Very idealistic and unrealistic.

Every character screams virgin. Almost all, if not all, female characters are pure maiden-like waifus who never had a BF in the past. Which relates to the point above - first love straight to marriage - unrealistic.

Why is Chrom a virgin? He is prince.
Why is Lucina virgin? Not realistic. Why is Tharja virgin? Not realistic. Why is Say'ri virgin? Unrealistic.

And the biggest unrealism is Tiki. Yea, she lived for 2000 years and has no BF, no previous love-life. Extraordinarily unrealistic.

This game has an unrealistic view of love and unrealistic view of love-life.
#2AranvoidPosted 6/12/2014 4:12:16 PM
Congratulations, you realize the truth. Here is your pizza and cookie.
---
"I am Serlen,heir to the throne of Begonia and if this is my final stand so be it Ares."
"I am Siegemund,Tamriel emperor.Begone sithis!!!"
#3astrophysPosted 6/12/2014 4:17:34 PM
For Lucina….

How about because everyone in the future was fighting for their lives after the rise of Grima and the Risen and largely had more important things to be concerned with [i.e. survival]

Seems like a reasonable enough explanation to me.

#4SorceressTharjaPosted 6/12/2014 4:22:39 PM
OrganicExp posted...
Why is Lucina virgin? Not realistic. Why is Tharja virgin? Not realistic. Why is Say'ri virgin? Unrealistic.

I wanna pick this bit up.

Why is Lucina virgin?

Aside from the scenario she grew up in being extremely chaotic and requiring her to try to shut off her emotions making her being a virgin a very likely possibility, as well as the fact that she is a teenager in a medieval society wherein you didn't have sex until you were married or be branded a slut and unmarryable... It's never mentioned that she is and so she could well not be.

OrganicExp posted...
Why is Tharja virgin?

Whilst again never actually mentioned, iirc (and this is purely memory) she (I) does say in the MU supports that she's (I've) never been interested in anyone before besides MU (and Henry perhaps? - she (I) does (do) mention something along that line.)

OrganicExp posted...
Why is Say'ri virgin?

I'm just going to leave this one as not mentioned. She doesn't have enough supports for me to argue she might not be or that it's realistic she could be.

OrganicExp posted...
And the biggest unrealism is Tiki. Yea, she lived for 2000 years

True so far

"has no BF"
'cause, y'know, she was sleeping.

"no previous love-life."
Kind of false. Whilst I never played the original Fire Emblems, it's implied in the DLC that she was in love with Marth.

iirc the only one with any canonical mention of their virginity is Nowi, who's not.
---
Ridete alta voce
#5Sacred_ArfaidPosted 6/12/2014 4:27:06 PM
SorceressTharja posted...
iirc the only one with any canonical mention of their virginity is Nowi, who's not.

http://healthrangerupdate.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/gmo-clown-vomits.jpg?w=400&h=261&crop=1

When did this happen?
#6OrganicExp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 4:28:08 PM
After reading SorceressTharja's reply, Lucina being a virgin is not unrealistic.
She's a princess after-all and uh, that medieval age thing is also true.

Tiki is unrealistic, she has brotherly affections for Marth, big-bro type thing, it's different from the love she expressed towards the MC - she even makes that very clear. I think the Tiki who has lived 2000 years is actually around 20+ in terms of human age. Which is unrealistic as a 20+ aged character has no BF and is still virgin.
#7SorceressTharjaPosted 6/12/2014 4:32:29 PM
OrganicExp posted...
Tiki is unrealistic, she has brotherly affections for Marth, big-bro type thing, it's different from the love she expressed towards the MC - she even makes that very clear. I think the Tiki who has lived 2000 years is actually around 20+ in terms of human age. Which is unrealistic as a 20+ aged character has no BF and is still virgin.

It's never mentioned that she's a virgin. That is purely your headcanon. Also, she's practically a demigod. (Ignoring the fact that Naga is only regarded as a god and isn't actually one.) That might make getting into a relationship a little harder.

Sacred_Arfaid posted...
When did this happen?

"I am 900 years old - I have been around the block a few times!" - part of one of her S ranks, I'm not sure which. MAYBE I'm reading too much into it.
---
Ridete alta voce
#8Sacred_ArfaidPosted 6/12/2014 4:37:19 PM
SorceressTharja posted...
Sacred_Arfaid posted...
When did this happen?

"I am 900 years old - I have been around the block a few times!" - part of one of her S ranks, I'm not sure which. MAYBE I'm reading too much into it.

I think that saying is broader than most people think. It most likely means you have a lot of experience
#9OrganicExp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 4:39:33 PM
But the game never mentions anything about a lover or a love-life either. Why is the game so undetailed in terms of character lore?

You even said yourself that Lucina never had a BF or a love-life before - if she is aged 18 when she enters the current timeline, in 2 years time she'll be 20 and at the game's ending she will be 21. Unless you marriage proposal her off to someone, she'll stay like this forever.

Even Aversa, she is NOT a virgin and she had many BFs right? Come on this is the ONLY character with a colorful history.
#10SorceressTharjaPosted 6/12/2014 4:41:26 PM
OrganicExp posted...
Why is the game so undetailed in terms of character lore?

I'ma pull a quote from another thread.
RJWalker243 posted...
Awakening has bad writing.

But seriously, most games wouldn't give you those details. Even dating games.
---
Ridete alta voce