Spoiler - This game has unrealistic view of love and unrealistic characters

#11SorceressTharjaPosted 6/12/2014 3:42:12 PM
Sacred_Arfaid posted...
It most likely means you have a lot of experience

She's talking about getting married though. If she has been married multiple times before, given the setting, it's practically a given that she also is not a virgin.
---
Ridete alta voce
#12OrganicExp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 3:45:03 PM
Ok then what is this medieval setting you talk about? It it really the truth that in those times having a love-life before marriage is uncouth and makes you unmarryable?

So basically characters in high noble classes such as Lucina and that Umbrella character all don't have BFs? So Lucina is 18 when she comes into current timeline and still no BF?

What about Virion? He is noble and he seems very realistic. He has scored countless women.

Why does Say'ri have no BF? Her first love (MC) immediately goes to marriage?
#13almostexactlyPosted 6/12/2014 3:47:00 PM
OrganicExp posted...
But the game never mentions anything about a lover or a love-life either. Why is the game so undetailed in terms of character lore?

This seems to be a pretty specific character detail you're asking for within a handful of paragraphs of CBA-S rank material. I mean, of course they don't mention it because the pairings wouldn't feel like the player's and cause discomfort, but if you wanted to presume your realistic vision of their past relationships, it wouldn't take too much to imagine.

Geez, what's up with the obsession with virgins or not virgins anyway.
#14Sacred_ArfaidPosted 6/12/2014 3:51:32 PM
SorceressTharja posted...
She's talking about getting married though. If she has been married multiple times before, given the setting, it's practically a given that she also is not a virgin.

She was actually talking about not being as ignorant as people thinks she is. She figured out Donnel was proposing to her and she credits her centuries of experience for it.
#15SorceressTharjaPosted 6/12/2014 3:52:10 PM
OrganicExp posted...
having a love-life before marriage is uncouth and makes you unmarryable?

Having a SEX life is uncouth. A love life is different. BFs/GFs fine, sex not so.

Although that doesn't really apply to lower classes.
---
Ridete alta voce
#16Sacred_ArfaidPosted 6/12/2014 3:53:56 PM
almostexactly posted...

Dude, the sex lives of fictional characters is hella important.

don't worry, this is not a serious statement at all
#17OrganicExp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 3:54:15 PM
almostexactly posted...
OrganicExp posted...
But the game never mentions anything about a lover or a love-life either. Why is the game so undetailed in terms of character lore?

This seems to be a pretty specific character detail you're asking for within a handful of paragraphs of CBA-S rank material. I mean, of course they don't mention it because the pairings wouldn't feel like the player's and cause discomfort, but if you wanted to presume your realistic vision of their past relationships, it wouldn't take too much to imagine.

Well because I find that a bit unrealistic. Why did Chrom never have a GF besides his marriage partner? He is supposed to be a Prince.

Ok, I get Tharja since she was never interested in anyone until she met MC, this is not so unrealistic.

Tiki's scenario is extraordinary unrealistic. Lucina is realistic since she is Princess and been through chaos and never opened herself to anyone until you pair her off.
#18SorceressTharjaPosted 6/12/2014 4:01:44 PM
Sacred_Arfaid posted...
almostexactly posted...

Dude, the sex lives of fictional characters is hella important.

don't worry, this is not a serious statement at all

You underestimate some fictional characters. I await Highschool DxD Season 3 to see if Issei and Rias finally get to actually... y'know. Or if it will continue to be a running gag that he comes close with every girl ever and gets interrupted.
---
Ridete alta voce
#19HayashiTakaraPosted 6/12/2014 4:24:53 PM
In anime, everyone is a virgin at the start unless explicitly told otherwise.
#20OwnagepuffsPosted 6/12/2014 5:04:18 PM(edited)
Getting married after 4 supports is dumb. I don't know why you are stating the obvious, OP.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice