I'll be the one to say it. Does Tharja deserved all the hate she gets?

#121pasabiPosted 6/14/2014 9:45:39 AM
I should say what I mean is tharja is effectively excluding anyone sensitive to the issues laid out throughout the thread which a lot of people refuse to admit exist
#122Chrizzel28Posted 6/14/2014 9:51:57 AM
pasabi posted...
I should say what I mean is tharja is effectively excluding anyone sensitive to the issues laid out throughout the thread which a lot of people refuse to admit exist

Sorry, but fix your grammar. This time around it has become a legitimate issue, as I can barely process it.

If I got it right though, I'd have to say you're wrong; first of all, the issue is there to some degree, yet you're blowing it out of proportions. It's pretty much the same as when I start saying Owain sucks because he appeals to the ladies, it's simply illogical to hate him because his design is effective at appealing to a group of people; it's illogical. I could complain about the fact that Solid Snake has a tight butt in the MGS series and then I'd be in the exact same position as you; blowing a relatively small problem that shouldn't cause more than slight discomfort out of proportion. And I have no idea what you mean by Tharja excluding something, like I said, the grammar on this post makes it a real pain in the hind to read.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people." Tony Benn
#123AnriHeroKingPosted 6/14/2014 10:00:39 AM
Ownagepuffs posted...
Pls go. Being sexy is not inherently bad. ZSS still kicks ass, she's not sitting there being helpless. I don't know if you've realized this yet but men find curves attractive. By the way, the guys in this game are just as much fanservice to gals as the gals in this game are to guys. Good luck finding a man as perfect as Chrom in real life.

1) I didn't say being sexy was bad, I said characters who's only gimmick is being sexy was bad.

2) I never said that the guys weren't fan service. But I don't see anybody talking about Basilio or Vaike. (The closest dudes to tharja, as they wear no shirt to show off their "sexy" muscles, like how Tharja wears no shirt to show off her "sexy" bewbs)

Haven't heard a damn thing from Tharja's supposedly annoying fanbase in an extremely long time.

Nobody has heard a thing from Michaeloll in an extremely long time, but everyone still hates Daisy.
---
Anri is Love. Anri is Life.
#124OwnagepuffsPosted 6/14/2014 10:01:44 AM
pasabi posted...
Ownage your disrespect in upholding the inherent exclusions in the medium are proof of why tharja deserves the hate..

lol

and chrom isn't perfect

If you honestly can't see why Chrom is the most hardcore pandering fantasy husbando of all time then I'm about to just end this conversation right here, darling.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#125rascal45Posted 6/14/2014 10:27:07 AM
pasabi posted...

I know what "issue" you're trying to project. Is that the media objectifies one gender....while all the while you're ignoring the same is done with the other gender. I'll use Dead or Alive for example. A lot of people love to criticize and spew whatever filth they want about the female cast, but BLATANTLY ignore how some of the male characters are blatantly designed with women in mind who want their beefcake characters.

Examples: Jann Lee and how some of his costumes have him without his shirt on, so you can see his ripped upper body. Or how about Hayate or Hayabusa? Or if you prefer them younger, there's Eliot from the same series. Or how about some pictorial evidence too?
http://gamebabble.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/doa_dudes.jpg

This strawman argument I'm seeing is nothing but someone attempting some shallow white knighting and continuing to make me roll my eyes at the concept of "Modern Feminism".
---
http://i.minus.com/ib7LWVZLt8VZl.gif
#126-sylawatch-Posted 6/14/2014 10:28:59 AM
pasabi posted...

And male characters do that too. Yet double standards only criticize females because only males are supposedly allowed to flaunt.
---
I woke up like dih!
http://abload.de/img/1255ns2d.gif
#127OwnagepuffsPosted 6/14/2014 10:57:11 AM
AnriHeroKing posted...
1) I didn't say being sexy was bad, I said characters who's only gimmick is being sexy was bad.

ZSS is just sexy. She has sex appeal. It's not a gimmick. Tharja has sex appeal and is also a crazy stalker. No character you mentioned only has sex appeal as a gimmick.

2) I never said that the guys weren't fan service. But I don't see anybody talking about Basilio or Vaike. (The closest dudes to tharja, as they wear no shirt to show off their "sexy" muscles, like how Tharja wears no shirt to show off her "sexy" bewbs)

Because feminine attraction is not entirely driven by aethetics, masculine attraction is. Owain and Chrom are more fanservice than Basilio could ever even dream of being. This seems to be a major factor that a lot of people seem to miss out on when comparing Tharja to Vaike.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#128Cheesepower5Posted 6/14/2014 2:39:27 PM
pasabi posted...
Tharja didn't choose that outfit. It wasn't designed to empower women unless u can provide some evidence to back that up. You can't shame pixels. And yea this child/spouse abuse sympathy isn't nearly as much a social problem as the expectations young men and women form when sex is used to sell everything around them. No ones gonna abuse thier spouse Caz it was ok for tharja. No one even thinks its ok to emulate that behavior to begin with but her outfit is adding to the social pressures which DO effect the way people think and feel. Suck it cheese I think ur making a big deal out of nothing. And what's wrong w social justice in wanting to respect people's wishes when they express the detriment caused for them and thiers if its not relly any skin off ur back? Unless of course u can't stand to live without being able to see a bunch of objectified females everywhere u look..

So you understand that people aren't stupid enough to go around imitating a fictional characters' actions, but you still think that seeing an idealised version of the female form will just destroy women's self esteem everywhere? How fragile do you think women are?

And of course, this objectification nonsense. In what way does drawing a woman in revealing clothes objectify women? Because I have two revelations for you. One, Tharja IS an object and not a woman. And two, by giving Tharja human qualities they are PERSONIFYING an object, not objectifying a woman. And furthermore sexualising and objectifying are not the same thing. It's a natural feature of the human race to see sex and sexuality in things, and seeing someone as sexual or arousing doesn't remove human qualities from them.
---
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words -- dying to believe in what you heard, I was staring straight into the shining sun.