I have Tharja as a Sorcerer at Level 20. What do I do?

#1HakuMan111386Posted 6/14/2014 8:15:54 PM
I have Master Sealed her once. Do I use a Second Seal? How do I know which is a good class to change her? I don't want her to have a class that will demote her stats.
#217MasterPosted 6/14/2014 8:20:55 PM
You could leave her as is. Sorceror is pretty great, and is pretty much her best available class. If you want, you can try Second Seal to make her a Dark Knight or Great Knight to pick up Lifetaker or Luna respectively. OR, since she is Level 20, you can Second Seal her back into a L 1 Sorceror and just gain more stats.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
Official Milotic of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire boards.
#3El_DustinoPosted 6/14/2014 8:21:46 PM
You can second seal her back to a sorcerer, if you want.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
AC:NL Dream Address: 5700-3355-4304
#4HakuMan111386(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 4:48:08 AM
17Master posted...
You could leave her as is. Sorceror is pretty great, and is pretty much her best available class. If you want, you can try Second Seal to make her a Dark Knight or Great Knight to pick up Lifetaker or Luna respectively. OR, since she is Level 20, you can Second Seal her back into a L 1 Sorceror and just gain more stats.

If I Second Seal her to Great Knight or Dark Knight, will her stats take a big hit?
#517MasterPosted 6/15/2014 4:59:01 AM
HakuMan111386 posted...
17Master posted...

If I Second Seal her to Great Knight or Dark Knight, will her stats take a big hit?

Her stats will adjust to be more fitting to that class. For Great Knight, her Magic and Resistance will drop in exchange for Strength and Defense, Speed and Skill will probably drop as well. For Dark Knight, she will lose some Magic for Strength, not too sure how the other stats will be affected. Once you get the skills you want, you can Second Seal back to Sorceror and her stats will revert back, plus whatever she gained from leveling up as the other class(es).

I hope that was not confusing.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
Official Milotic of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire boards.
#6HakuMan111386(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 5:04:20 AM
17Master posted...
HakuMan111386 posted...
17Master posted...

Her stats will adjust to be more fitting to that class. For Great Knight, her Magic and Resistance will drop in exchange for Strength and Defense, Speed and Skill will probably drop as well. For Dark Knight, she will lose some Magic for Strength, not too sure how the other stats will be affected. Once you get the skills you want, you can Second Seal back to Sorceror and her stats will revert back, plus whatever she gained from leveling up as the other class(es).

I hope that was not confusing.

I see. Is that the only reason to change characters to different classes? To collect the skills to use available for each? Do I have the idea right?
#7Master_GamerPosted 6/15/2014 5:39:27 AM
HakuMan111386 posted...
I see. Is that the only reason to change characters to different classes? To collect the skills to use available for each? Do I have the idea right?

Sometimes a character doesn't really get anything from their base class that one of their reclass options doesn't offer, so there's that. Chrom benefits from reclassing to Cavalier since it gives better pair up bonuses to his partner and has all the other perks of cavaliers. Vaike reclassing to Barbarian helps his speed issues, and Miriel reclassing to Dark Mage helps her defense.
---
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.
#8HakuMan111386(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 5:43:20 AM(edited)
Master_Gamer posted...
HakuMan111386 posted...

Sometimes a character doesn't really get anything from their base class that one of their reclass options doesn't offer, so there's that. Chrom benefits from reclassing to Cavalier since it gives better pair up bonuses to his partner and has all the other perks of cavaliers. Vaike reclassing to Barbarian helps his speed issues, and Miriel reclassing to Dark Mage helps her defense.

I see. I do have Chrom already as a Great Lord. What should I do when he does hit Level 20? Change him to Cavalier? Won't he be worse?

I apologize for my overabundance of questions, by the way.
#9astrophysPosted 6/15/2014 6:03:05 AM(edited)
Level has no effect on character effectiveness, intrinsically speaking.

Level's effect is on the stat growth that it gives you upon leveling up. Level itself doesn't do anything except interact with a few skills like Underdog and determine when you can use Master Seals and Second Seals.

But these growths are permanent. If you change to another class and go to level 1 in that class, the fact that you are now level 1 is meaningless, as you still got to keep all of your stat growth from your prior class.

Now, there is the issue of caps, in which each class has modifiers that determine the maximum allowed values they can have for each of their stats (some are higher, some are lower), which also stack with the character specific modifiers (again, whether positive or negative).

If you switch into a class which has a stat cap lower than your current stat there, you will suffer a temporary stat decrease down to that cap. However, if you switch back to a class with a higher cap, you'll find that you actually still have access to your leveled up stats; you cannot lose stats permanently, only temporarily.

Also, the classes seem to have their own modifiers that you have just for being in that class, so that in itself can also cause some stat decreases or increases, where appropriate, when you change class, depending on whether that modifier was higher or lower than what you previously had.

Again, these are temporary in the sense these your modifiers that they get will change when they change classes. The modifiers are larger for promoted classes, so switching from a promoted to an un-promoted class (say, to pick up a skill) will likely cause major temporary stat drops until you switch back into a class with better stats (probably a promoted class).

Also: Level 20 units can second seal back into their own class to level 1. Since level doesn't change your effectiveness (only your stats do, which are retained upon Second Sealing anyways), if you aren't interested in picking up any more skills you could Second Seal Tharja back into a Level 1 Sorcerer to allow her to keep on gaining stat increases from level ups while keeping her in the same class.

If you want more skills, Second Seal her into a class she hasn't gotten the skills from yet.
#10HakuMan111386(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 6:05:56 AM
astrophys posted...
Level has no effect on character effectiveness, intrinsically speaking.

Level's effect is on the stat growth that it gives you upon leveling up. Level itself doesn't do anything except interact with a few skills like Underdog and determine when you can use Master Seals and Second Seals.

But these growths are permanent. If you change to another class and go to level 1 in that class, the fact that you are now level 1 is meaningless, as you still got to keep all of your stat growth from your prior class.

Now, there is the issue of caps, in which each class has modifiers that determine the maximum allowed values they can have for each of their stats (some are higher, some are lower), which also stack with the character specific modifiers (again, whether positive or negative).

If you switch into a class which has a stat cap lower than your current stat there, you will suffer a temporary stat decrease down to that cap. However, if you switch back to a class with a higher cap, you'll find that you actually still have access to your leveled up stats; you cannot lose stats permanently, only temporarily.

Also, the classes seem to have their own modifiers that you have just for being in that class, so that in itself can also cause some stat decreases or increases, where appropriate, when you change class, depending on whether that modifier was higher or lower than what you previously had.

Again, these are temporary in the sense these your modifiers that they get will change when they change classes. The modifiers are larger for promoted classes, so switching from a promoted to an un-promoted class (say, to pick up a skill) will likely cause major temporary stat drops until you switch back into a class with better stats (probably a promoted class).

Also: Level 20 units can second seal back into their own class to level 1. Since level doesn't change your effectiveness (only your stats do, which are retained upon Second Sealing anyways), if you aren't interested in picking up any more skills you could Second Seal Tharja back into a Level 1 Sorcerer to allow her to keep on gaining stat increases from level ups while keeping her in the same class.

If you want more skills, Second Seal her into a class she hasn't gotten the skills from yet.

I see. So if I want to see what skills she should gain, should I look up them up on that serenesforest website?