It seriously bothers me that Chrom's official art looks nothing like him.

#1NEW-WAYS-2-DIEPosted 6/17/2014 3:55:16 PM
The picture where he's holding the sword? That's not Chrom! It's just some dude wearing his clothes.

A few other official arts have this problem.
---
Every dweeb has his day!
http://i.imgur.com/k7l9C6t.jpg
#2OwnagepuffsPosted 6/17/2014 3:57:06 PM
The actual art is better than the in game art. Especially Priam. Priam looks like a badass in his official art but looks like a homeless man in his in game art.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#3NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 4:01:33 PM
I disagree in the case of Chrom, at least. I think in-game he looks much better.

I do agree that Priam looks cooler in his official art... despite that ridiculous thing on his arm. He also seems a lot more friendly. O_o
---
Every dweeb has his day!
#4YayorNayPosted 6/17/2014 5:05:11 PM
I think a lot of official art look different then the in-game character. Look at Tharja, in her official art she's striking a suggestive pose (and actually doesn't look half-bad to be honest). However, in-game she doesn't look so nice or hot.
---
Official Husband of Lucina
#5OwnagepuffsPosted 6/17/2014 5:24:33 PM
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
I disagree in the case of Chrom, at least. I think in-game he looks much better.

I do agree that Priam looks cooler in his official art... despite that ridiculous thing on his arm. He also seems a lot more friendly. O_o

Yep, official art Priam seems like an entirely different character.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#6NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 5:43:47 PM
YayorNay posted...
I think a lot of official art look different then the in-game character. Look at Tharja, in her official art she's striking a suggestive pose (and actually doesn't look half-bad to be honest). However, in-game she doesn't look so nice or hot.

To be fair, in-game she's holding a book over her chest :P

But yeah, that official art pose does seem weird for her personality
---
Every dweeb has his day!
#7A_friendly_bootPosted 6/17/2014 6:12:58 PM
Emmeryns in-game art is a step up from her official art. Her nose, it's just...*shudders*

I agree about Priam and Chrom, they look nothing like that. Except Chrom's still easy on the eyes in-game but Priam is..uh, not. To be honest though, Priam has ALOT going on with his outfit and I wish they'd gone with a simpler design.
To me it just looks like the designer's couldn't decide what to make him wear, so they were just like: "Screw it, let's just put everything.
#8almostexactlyPosted 6/17/2014 8:14:22 PM
Olivia's official art doesn't reflect her character either.
... At least, the one we see in supports.
#9YayorNayPosted 6/17/2014 8:17:53 PM
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
YayorNay posted...

To be fair, in-game she's holding a book over her chest :P

But yeah, that official art pose does seem weird for her personality

Nah, that's not what I mean. I just don't like how she looks in-game, her face just looks terrible. In her confession scene, and her official art she actually looks quite good though.
---
Official Husband of Lucina
#10SpellcraftQuillPosted 6/17/2014 8:59:36 PM
Yarne looks younger in his official art to me.
---
Burroughs: Scanning...Excuses, unjustified resentment, self-justification, a rash desire to negate oneself...I don't see any good reason to join their cause.