It seriously bothers me that Chrom's official art looks nothing like him.

#11OwnagepuffsPosted 6/17/2014 9:03:57 PM
almostexactly posted...
Olivia's official art doesn't reflect her character either.
... At least, the one we see in supports.

Official art Olivia <3 <3 <3

If Olivia acted the way she looked in her official art, I might've liked her more >_>

YayorNay posted...
Nah, that's not what I mean. I just don't like how she looks in-game, her face just looks terrible. In her confession scene, and her official art she actually looks quite good though.

Official art Tharja is sexy as f***.

SpellcraftQuill posted...
Yarne looks younger in his official art to me.

Dat Ginyu pose tho.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#12BrianTheLegend_Posted 6/18/2014 12:12:41 AM
I came in this topic thinking of Lissa and Frederick, both of which has amazing artwork.
---
"A one-mind ensemble is upon you." -Honors English, Cymbals on the Sidewalk
-3ds fc: 1650-1471-6860-
#13TheMKDestroyerPosted 6/18/2014 2:49:18 AM
A_friendly_boot posted...
Emmeryns in-game art is a step up from her official art. Her nose, it's just...*shudders*

I agree about Priam and Chrom, they look nothing like that. Except Chrom's still easy on the eyes in-game but Priam is..uh, not. To be honest though, Priam has ALOT going on with his outfit and I wish they'd gone with a simpler design.
To me it just looks like the designer's couldn't decide what to make him wear, so they were just like: "Screw it, let's just put everything.

YayorNay posted...
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
YayorNay posted...
I think a lot of official art look different then the in-game character. Look at Tharja, in her official art she's striking a suggestive pose (and actually doesn't look half-bad to be honest). However, in-game she doesn't look so nice or hot.

To be fair, in-game she's holding a book over her chest :P

But yeah, that official art pose does seem weird for her personality

Nah, that's not what I mean. I just don't like how she looks in-game, her face just looks terrible. In her confession scene, and her official art she actually looks quite good though.

People don't seem to understand that is just the way their noses are drawn from the front. Notice how one user says they liked Emmeryns in game art and because her official arts nose looked weird? Then the next one says Tharja's official art looks good but her in game art looks bad? Notice the similarity between why one looks good and the other looks bad? The bad one is usually from the front. The good one is usually from the side where their nose looks normal.
---
Tales of Graces F x SoulCalibur Sophie Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n7v4UjFFRo
#14sandslash1Posted 6/18/2014 3:02:22 AM
How come no one mentioned Kjelle :( she looks so much better in the official artwork without that idiotic shoulder armor thing
---
a
#15Null_GainPosted 6/18/2014 5:15:42 AM
sandslash1 posted...
How come no one mentioned Kjelle :( she looks so much better in the official artwork without that idiotic shoulder armor thing

She looks much better in non-heavy classes, like a Griffon Rider or Sword Master.
#16sandslash1Posted 6/18/2014 5:31:21 AM
Yeah but her ingame portrait doesn't change
---
a
#17Too_many_namesPosted 6/18/2014 6:49:08 AM
Ownagepuffs posted...
The actual art is better than the in game art. Especially Priam. Priam looks like a badass in his official art but looks like a homeless man in his in game art.

Really? I dislike the official art, to be honest with you. The in-game one is overall better.
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".
#18A_friendly_bootPosted 6/18/2014 8:37:10 AM
TheMKDestroyer posted...
A_friendly_boot posted...
Emmeryns in-game art is a step up from her official art. Her nose, it's just...*shudders*

I agree about Priam and Chrom, they look nothing like that. Except Chrom's still easy on the eyes in-game but Priam is..uh, not. To be honest though, Priam has ALOT going on with his outfit and I wish they'd gone with a simpler design.
To me it just looks like the designer's couldn't decide what to make him wear, so they were just like: "Screw it, let's just put everything.

YayorNay posted...
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
YayorNay posted...
I think a lot of official art look different then the in-game character. Look at Tharja, in her official art she's striking a suggestive pose (and actually doesn't look half-bad to be honest). However, in-game she doesn't look so nice or hot.

To be fair, in-game she's holding a book over her chest :P

But yeah, that official art pose does seem weird for her personality

People don't seem to understand that is just the way their noses are drawn from the front. Notice how one user says they liked Emmeryns in game art and because her official arts nose looked weird? Then the next one says Tharja's official art looks good but her in game art looks bad? Notice the similarity between why one looks good and the other looks bad? The bad one is usually from the front. The good one is usually from the side where their nose looks normal.

Not necessarily, I think Owain/Tharja's noses look fine in-game and they're facing forward. Aversa also looks great in her official art and Kellam/Donnel as well. For some reason, Emmeryn just looks like her nose is sinking into her face, maybe it has to do with the shading but she looks like Voldemort.
#19HayashiTakaraPosted 6/18/2014 8:48:53 AM
Oh wow, what a surprise, concept art looking better than in-game art /sarcasm.

Every game in existence is like this.
#20BrianTheLegend_Posted 6/18/2014 2:23:46 PM
HayashiTakara posted...
Oh wow, what a surprise, concept art looking better than in-game art /sarcasm.

Every game in existence is like this.

Yes, of course, but that isn't really the issue. Chrom's art depicts some violent, angry dude with a sword. You turn on Awakening, and watch the exact opposite kind of person in the Premonition. That's more the concern I have with his official art. Same for Olivia and Tharja, who I also think has questionable official art.
---
"A one-mind ensemble is upon you." -Honors English, Cymbals on the Sidewalk
-3ds fc: 1650-1471-6860-