Best Fire Emblem Story?

#1Archest-ArcherPosted 6/26/2014 3:35:05 AM
I take it a lot of people here despise Awakening's storyline. I actually like it, considering I'm used to playing games without a very deep story ( Zelda and Pokemon are my favourite series). So out of all the Fire Emblem games, which storyline is your favourite? I skipped the story scenes the first time I played Sacred Stones, but its alright I suppose. I like that Lyon died a baddie, unlike a certain evil, mad king in the latest instalment..

And another thing, about Genealogy. I never played it, and after reading like 2 character pages on the FE Wiki, I am super confused. The story seems interesting, but I have no idea what happened. Can someone briefly explain to me the plot of Genealogy?
---
Yes swans are good defenders. Don't question me.
it sucks and im be like rarghh anger. RARGHH ANGER- Arc166 sums up SSB fanbase
#2RJWalker243Posted 6/26/2014 4:09:50 AM
Explaining why Genealogy's story is so interesting is impossible. You'll have to play it yourself and decide whether you liked it or not.

In my opinion, the best story award is a tie between Genealogy and Sacred Stones.
#3Omnipotent_CowPosted 6/26/2014 5:02:02 AM
Archest-Archer posted...
And another thing, about Genealogy. I never played it, and after reading like 2 character pages on the FE Wiki, I am super confused. The story seems interesting, but I have no idea what happened. Can someone briefly explain to me the plot of Genealogy?

Without spoiling anything, there are two generations; the first is mostly political, while the second is your standard FE fare. I find it so interesting because of the interconnectedness of the world and characters. Every chapter feels important, as do most bosses. It also has some wonderful story and gameplay integration. And it's by far the darkest game in the series, and one of the darkest Nintendo games ever made. The game feels mature, character deaths feel meaningful, unlike other games in the series. Still, this is an inadequate explanation, like RJWalker said, you'll need to play it for yourself to appreciate it.
#4Too_many_namesPosted 6/26/2014 12:58:49 PM
Omnipotent_Cow posted...
Archest-Archer posted...

Without spoiling anything, there are two generations; the first is mostly political, while the second is your standard FE fare. I find it so interesting because of the interconnectedness of the world and characters. Every chapter feels important, as do most bosses. It also has some wonderful story and gameplay integration. And it's by far the darkest game in the series, and one of the darkest Nintendo games ever made. The game feels mature, character deaths feel meaningful, unlike other games in the series. Still, this is an inadequate explanation, like RJWalker said, you'll need to play it for yourself to appreciate it.

Thanks for the explanation, I will look into it. I have time for another FE game, but ONLY one, so I gotta choose carefully.

And sorry I couldn't help, OP :/
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".
#5AnriHeroKingPosted 6/26/2014 1:15:13 PM
I like FE12 and FE4. FE12 is amazing IMO, due to adding so much new content. Nothing felt shoehorned in, despite what everyone else says. FE4 is most likely the one of the best Nintendo games ever released. Whoever said "Never has there been a tale of greater woe, then that of Juliet, and her Romeo" Clearly hadn't played FE4.
---
Anri solo'd the hardest part of FE12, probably on Lunatic+++ Reverse Mode, and singlehandedly killed a Shadow Dragon.
But nobody's ever even HEARD of him!
#6AranvoidPosted 6/26/2014 1:19:59 PM
Fe4 hand down.

Hrm, maybe Fe9 after that though IMO it's a tie with Fe7
---
Serlen, Siegemund,and Remus all have something in common, Young heroes with good ideals and hearts. Begonian Prince, Nordic Hero, and Tythonian Jedi Rise!!
#7Cheesepower5Posted 6/26/2014 1:25:16 PM
I found Path of Radiance better in quality of writing than Genealogy of the Holy War, although this could be attributed to fan translators who managed to not get "Julia and Julius" out of their Japanese names... and instead called them "Yuria and Yurius."

But in sheer goings-on, GotHW has the most interesting events. Make of that what you will.
---
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words -- dying to believe in what you heard, I was staring straight into the shining sun.
#8rhys855Posted 6/26/2014 1:40:40 PM
FE4 hands down has the best plot. The characters feel very well alive because of how written the story is.
---
Best Pony, Twilight Sparkle http://i.imgur.com/QhLuNab.png
#9ryugin55Posted 6/26/2014 3:25:32 PM
Sacred Stones had the best story IMO.
---
"Blazblue's online seems to be Schrodinger's cat: dead for you, but alive for everyone else." -Taihenna to Inyofase
Still blaming dat community
#10unknownuberPosted 6/26/2014 3:32:25 PM
FE4
It was dark and was dramatic, and overall had a great story
---
Unown will be Uber-Tier one of these days....