Go play fire emblem: mystery of the emblem on ds

#1Holy_OblivionPosted 6/29/2014 7:21:10 AM
If you played it already, play it again.
---
3ds FC: 3952 7015 0446
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
#2Bronze_StuffPosted 6/29/2014 7:23:30 AM
Okay. What should I be?
---
Jimbo.
#3Holy_Oblivion(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2014 8:37:05 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
Okay. What should I be?

A cavalier
---
#4shiningpikablu252Posted 6/29/2014 9:33:46 AM
Last I checked, there's no way to play FE3 (of which "Mystery of the Emblem" is its translated subtitle) legitimately on any Nintendo handheld. FE3 is a Japan-only SNES game that has since reappeared on the Japanese Wii and Wii U Virtual Consoles.

Now, FE3's second book (its first book is an FE1 remake, and FE1 also has a DS remake) does have a remake on the DS, in the form of "New Mystery of the Emblem" (the twelfth installment in the series). Problem is, that game is also Japan-only, meaning it's not as easy for a non-Japanese to obtain. Of course, since New Mystery is a game on a Nintendo handheld, it is possible to play the Japanese release on a non-Japanese hardware (Nintendo handhelds, as far as cartridge games are concerned, are region-free, have been dating back as far as the original Game Boy, and always will into the forseeable future), but that doesn't change the fact that the language will be Japanese and one has to obtain it from Japan-based means...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#5VascelaPosted 6/29/2014 9:36:33 AM
shiningpikablu252 posted...
Last I checked, there's no way to play FE3 (of which "Mystery of the Emblem" is its translated subtitle) legitimately on any Nintendo handheld. FE3 is a Japan-only SNES game that has since reappeared on the Japanese Wii and Wii U Virtual Consoles.

Now, FE3's second book (its first book is an FE1 remake, and FE1 also has a DS remake) does have a remake on the DS, in the form of "New Mystery of the Emblem" (the twelfth installment in the series). Problem is, that game is also Japan-only, meaning it's not as easy for a non-Japanese to obtain. Of course, since New Mystery is a game on a Nintendo handheld, it is possible to play the Japanese release on a non-Japanese hardware (Nintendo handhelds, as far as cartridge games are concerned, are region-free, have been dating back as far as the original Game Boy, and always will into the forseeable future), but that doesn't change the fact that the language will be Japanese and one has to obtain it from Japan-based means...

Yes it is.
#6AnriHeroKingPosted 6/29/2014 9:44:20 AM
Good idea. I haven't played that game in hours.
---
Anri solo'd the hardest part of FE12, probably on Lunatic+++ Reverse Mode, and singlehandedly killed a Shadow Dragon.
But nobody's ever even HEARD of him!
#7Holy_Oblivion(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2014 10:40:08 AM
AnriHeroKing posted...
Good idea. I haven't played that game in hours.

You're welcome.
---
#8shiningpikablu252Posted 6/29/2014 10:42:58 AM
Vascela posted...

Yes it is.

Not legitimately it's not. To get a legit copy of New Mystery (i.e. not an illegal ROM), you'd have to import from a Japanese retailer. And it's not easy to get a Japanese retailer to accept American dollars, British pounds, Euros, or other non-Japanese currency--nor is it easy to get said Japanese retailer to ship outside of Japan...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#9Holy_Oblivion(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2014 10:47:08 AM
Vascela posted...

Yes it is.

Not legitimately it's not. To get a legit copy of New Mystery (i.e. not an illegal ROM), you'd have to import from a Japanese retailer. And it's not easy to get a Japanese retailer to accept American dollars, British pounds, Euros, or other non-Japanese currency--nor is it easy to get said Japanese retailer to ship outside of Japan...

a 5 second ebay search says you don't know what you're talking about.
---
#10Bronze_StuffPosted 6/29/2014 1:26:10 PM
Holy_Oblivion posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...
Okay. What should I be?

A cavalier

That's one of my favorite classes so that's fine with me!
---
Jimbo.