Fire Emblem Timeline(s)

#1ShadowMasterZrPosted 7/4/2014 5:55:18 PM
This is a bit of an odd topic to be raising now, but I'm genuinely curious as to what the the timeline(s) look(s) like now, as Awakening introduced a lot of new things that (kind of?) connects them.

If you weren't aware, the Fire Emblem universe currently has 4 different official timelines.

First is the longest timeline, the Akaneia timeline, which highlights the adventures of Sigurd, Leif, Celice (sounds better than Seliph), Marth, Alm, and Chrom. It looks like this:

FE4->FE5->FE4->FE1/11->FE2->FE3/12-->FE13
(FE5 is a midquel, meaning it takes place in the timeskip of FE4.)

The Tellius Timeline features Ike and Micaiah:
FE9->FE10

The Elibe Timeline features Roy, Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn:
FE7->FE6

And the Magvel Timeline stands as only one game, featuring Ephraim and Eirika:
FE8

I'm personally interested in this now because of Lyn's Xenolouge and the Paralogue: "The Radiant Hero." At the end of Lyn's Xenologue, the player has the option of telling Lyn that s/he was the same tactician that Lyn found on the plains of Sacae. This would imply that the Akanean world of Awakening and the Elibe(n?) world of Fuuin no Tsurugu/Rekka no Ken are one. In "The Radiant Hero," Priam, is stated to be a decendant of Ike. He carries Ike's blade Ragnell, furthering this development. In addition, Chrom has access to the (broken)* skill Aether, a skill previously exclusive to Ike.
At the end of Radiant Dawn, Ike supposedly left Tellius some unknown land.

The main thing against these theories is the existence of the Fire Emblems themselves. If all three of these worlds are one, why does the Fire Emblem see so many incarnations?

*Note: Holsety (Forseti) is still the most broken thing in FE.
---
I loathe the idiosyncrasies of mankind.
FE 4 is the best Fire Emblem.
#2JMBChaosPosted 7/4/2014 8:13:44 PM
Priam IS Ike's descendant, but it refers to Ike as "A Radiant Hero from another world." Just wanted to put that out.
---
...MEEP.
#3RJWalker243Posted 7/5/2014 7:03:08 AM
There is no single time line

The games aren't meant to be for into one time line. Any attempt to do so is futile. To many subtle but significant inconsistencies.
#4Pepsi_AlPosted 7/5/2014 8:20:04 AM
RJWalker243 posted...
There is no single time line

The games aren't meant to be for into one time line. Any attempt to do so is futile. To many subtle but significant inconsistencies.

Pretty much this.

There could be instances where at least two games are happening at the same time, like maybe FE10 and FE 3/12 happening simultaneously. Or some interconnecting events like maybe a different version of Robin stepping through an Outrealm Gate and actually managing to meet Lyndis in person. But nothing regarding that is certain, even right now.
#5Ranulf13Posted 7/6/2014 1:49:03 PM
JMBChaos posted...
Priam IS Ike's descendant, but it refers to Ike as "A Radiant Hero from another world." Just wanted to put that out.

That was pure, inconsistent fanservice. I dont know if it was serious or not. But then again a lot of game developers of games like FE and Zelda dont make games to be part of a timeline unless stated so. Zelda's timeline was mainly a fan creation until they canonized it, but it was NEVER supposed to be.
#6JMBChaosPosted 7/6/2014 2:20:09 PM
Ranulf13 posted...
JMBChaos posted...

That was pure, inconsistent fanservice. I dont know if it was serious or not. But then again a lot of game developers of games like FE and Zelda dont make games to be part of a timeline unless stated so. Zelda's timeline was mainly a fan creation until they canonized it, but it was NEVER supposed to be.

Oh. I feel stupid now.
---
...MEEP.
#7Pepsi_AlPosted 7/6/2014 2:37:46 PM
Ranulf13 posted...
JMBChaos posted...

That was pure, inconsistent fanservice. I dont know if it was serious or not.

How is it "inconsistent" when Ike's endings in FE10 line up perfectly with what Chrom mentions about him in FE13? (Which I bolded, BTW.) Just curious.
#8Ranulf13Posted 7/6/2014 2:48:40 PM
Pepsi_Al posted...
Ranulf13 posted...
JMBChaos posted...

That was pure, inconsistent fanservice. I dont know if it was serious or not.

How is it "inconsistent" when Ike's endings in FE10 line up perfectly with what Chrom mentions about him in FE13? (Which I bolded, BTW.) Just curious.

Because there wa supposed to not be anything aside from Tellius above the water? Also because it comes from no-where and RD's post-ending was rushed. Ike had like nothing to do with Awakening's plot and Priam is just there. If Priam had actually something to do with the plot, then he could have actual meaning aside from fanservice.
#9qp0al0zm000Posted 7/6/2014 2:50:06 PM
I have a personal theory that the Ending Winter (Elibe) could have been partially responsible for the dragons in Arkainea going berserk as well. Which would place FE7 and FE6 a little bit after the Arkainea saga I think.
#10RJWalker243Posted 7/6/2014 2:59:50 PM
Not possible. The dragons in Elibe function differently from the dragons in Archanea, most notably, Mage (Demon) Dragons.

In Elibe, Demon Dragons are corrupted Divine Dragons. In Archanea, Demon Dragons are their own subspecies with no direct connection to Divine Dragons aside from the obvious 'both are dragons'.

Jahn also states that Elibian Dragons don't feel emotions much which is not true for Archanean Dragons.

The similarities only exists because FE6 straight up lifts its plot wholesale from FE3.