What do you want to see in the next Fire Emblem game?

#1AmalCassel36Posted 7/5/2014 9:41:12 AM
I've had this game for a few months now and I've replayed it and have done the DLCs. Now that I've had time to think back over the game my initial hype has died down. Its a great game for sure and it added to the series ( the pair-up mechanic was excellent ) , but it had its flaws and areas it lacked in also.

I am just going to list off things I think should be added/changed and improved for the next FE game.
My biggest problems with Awakening were they maps. They weren't very unique at all, even in terms of just how they look, let alone gameplay. The Final stage was cool looking, but in reality it was just a big plain that didnt involve any real strategy. The only stage that seemed to involve some actual tactical thinking was chapter 17, but even that was easy. So, I'd like to see some more unique map designs, in terms of looks and gameplay.

Also the goals for each stage need to be more unique as well. More than just defeat commander or rout enemy. The old games did much better in this respect. : guard, seize, survive,etc. Radiant Dawn had one of most unique set of strategies. There was that one stage where the goal was to burn the enemies supplies and steal their horses. There needs to be stages more like that.

And lastly I would like to see more unique bosses/ enemies. In all the FE games the bosses are always just a regular unit who is more powerful. The only different ones are the main villains ( Nergal= Dark Druid, Lyon = Necromancer, Ashnard =Beefed up Wyvern Lord) and even they are just slightly different. I want to see stronger villains, with special designs and abilities. Take the Demon King at the end of Sacred Stones. Unique design for sure, he could move, summon enemies, and he took up 4 spaces on the map. I would like to see bosses more like that throughout the games. Make them also have special weaknesses and give them a huge amount of HP.

Well that's all I got really, besides obvious points like a better story, improved supports, and new unit classes. What about you guys? What do you want to see in the next FE game?
---
"I'm mad, I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore"
#2ShadowMasterZrPosted 7/5/2014 9:58:25 AM
I want to see the two-gen aspect in every game here on out. As I've said countless times before, the games that have it usually have the best character development.
---
I loathe the idiosyncrasies of mankind.
FE 4 is the best Fire Emblem.
#3Other_SelfPosted 7/5/2014 10:07:55 AM
A blue haired prince using a holy sword and a ragtag band of misfits take on the empire who stole his kingdom, an evil sorceror trying to take over the world, and the dragon the sorceror inevitably summons.
---
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
#4VascelaPosted 7/5/2014 10:23:15 AM
Separation of gens.
More difficulty options so there is a better scale (Shadow Dragon did this well)
Direct Path changes (FE8)
Failing a map causes path change rather than game over
World Map
Rescue AND Pair Up (pair up getting nerf)
More focus on status staves/restore. Also making restore more easily accessible and cheap.
Warp; since rescue is the same thing for the most part in this game.

That's just off the top of my head.
#5OwnagepuffsPosted 7/5/2014 10:27:44 AM
A good story.

No Avatar. That or an Avatar that has no bearing on the plot and is vaguely referred to FE7 style.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#6ShadowMasterZrPosted 7/5/2014 10:31:25 AM
Vascela posted...

More focus on status staves/restore.

Bad memories of Chapter 24x of Thracia (in other words, hell.)
---
I loathe the idiosyncrasies of mankind.
FE 4 is the best Fire Emblem.
#7AmalCassel36(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 11:21:07 AM
Other_Self posted...
A blue haired prince using a holy sword and a ragtag band of misfits take on the empire who stole his kingdom, an evil sorceror trying to take over the world, and the dragon the sorceror inevitably summons.

This sounds vaguely familiar for some reason...
---
#8AmalCassel36(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 11:23:22 AM
Ownagepuffs posted...
A good story.

No Avatar. That or an Avatar that has no bearing on the plot and is vaguely referred to FE7 style.

Ownagepuffs, y u no want Avatar?
---
#9ryugin55Posted 7/5/2014 11:33:56 AM
AmalCassel36 posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...
A good story.

An awakening type avatar is way to OP to really fit in and whatnot... If they somehow had a way to balance the avatar (like in New Mystery the avatar was really just another unit since their classes were just as restricted as everyone else's)
---
I cans be hero too?
#10OwnagepuffsPosted 7/5/2014 11:39:34 AM
AmalCassel36 posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...
A good story.

Because the Avatar in this game made the actual main character share his spotlight. Because Awakening's story is like one really bad fan fic, and I'd rather that not happen again.

I'm down with the concept of making the player feel included, but not to Awakening's extent. Hell I even like the concept of having your own playable unit but that's not a free pass to make you Avatar 100x better than every other character.

ryugin55 posted...
An awakening type avatar is way to OP to really fit in and whatnot... If they somehow had a way to balance the avatar (like in New Mystery the avatar was really just another unit since their classes were just as restricted as everyone else's)

I hear New Mystery's Avatar is just as rigged, but in a different way.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice