What do you want to see in the next Fire Emblem game?

#11RJWalker243Posted 7/5/2014 12:11:29 PM
Other_Self posted...
A blue haired prince using a holy sword and a ragtag band of misfits take on the empire who stole his kingdom, an evil sorceror trying to take over the world, and the dragon the sorceror inevitably summons.

Don't be a smartass. THis only really applies to Marth's story anyway. The others change more than enough to be distinct.
#12ryugin55Posted 7/5/2014 12:18:40 PM
Ownagepuffs posted...

I hear New Mystery's Avatar is just as rigged, but in a different way.

How?

Either way, it was an example of one way to help balance (class limits)
---
I cans be hero too?
#13RJWalker243Posted 7/5/2014 12:33:26 PM
ryugin55 posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...

I hear New Mystery's Avatar is just as rigged, but in a different way.

How?

Either way, it was an example of one way to help balance (class limits)

FE12's Avatar is broken because they have customizable (and really high) growths and customizable (again, really high) base stats and customizble starting class.
#14RDS1Posted 7/5/2014 4:04:40 PM
I want them to bring back stealing, capturing, and dismounting. And add more staves that aren't some variation of "restores HP".

And good map design should really be so obvious that no one should need to ask for it...

Oh, also, playable Soldier(s).
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#15Sentinel07Posted 7/5/2014 4:21:51 PM
Off the top of my head:

1. NO AVATAR!- The Avatar takes away from the real main characters of the game. It certainly didn't help that this Avatar was also pretty much every cliche in the book, even more than Chrom.
2. Staff variety- Bring back Warp, Restore, Physic, etc.
3. Mission variety- Seize, Defend, and even some new objectives.
4. Bring back playable Soldier class.
5. Balance Pair up
6. Restrict who can support with each other. They can keep the 5 support limit out (I hated that), but keep the options restricted. More strategic that way.

Optional: If 2 gen returns, have them split up like FE4. You can't have two gens in the same army like Awakening did, especially when most of them were in optional Paralogues.
#16AmalCassel36(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 4:28:00 PM
RDS1 posted...
I want them to bring back stealing, capturing, and dismounting. And add more staves that aren't some variation of "restores HP".

And good map design should really be so obvious that no one should need to ask for it...

You'd think so, and yet Awakening's maps live in defiance of the obvious. And anyway, I meant one of a kind maps. The Mila Tree In Awakening, that was one of a kind. They need to branch out more.
---
"I'm mad, I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore"
#17RDS1Posted 7/5/2014 4:32:30 PM
AmalCassel36 posted...
You'd think so, and yet Awakening's maps live in defiance of the obvious.

All I said is this is how things should be. Things are not this way, though, and we're all poorer off for it.

And anyway, I meant one of a kind maps. The Mila Tree In Awakening, that was one of a kind. They need to branch out more.

Could you elaborate more on "one of a kind"? Do you mean simply the background, or was it some feature of the terrain or enemy formation that caught your eye?
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#18HeroicSomaCruzPosted 7/5/2014 4:35:11 PM
People not b****ing about the series and saying no FE game can be as good as FE4.
---
NNID: OgnarPliskin. I stream games. Dark Souls, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and more.
twitch.tv/ognarpliskin
#19RJWalker243Posted 7/5/2014 4:59:44 PM
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
People not b****ing about the series and saying no FE game can be as good as FE4.

Number of times FE4 is mentioned directly: 0
Number of times FE4 is mentioned indirectly: 1

Uhh...
#20ShadowMasterZrPosted 7/5/2014 5:07:15 PM
RDS1 posted...

The "capture" command from Thracia is awesome, it allows you to get pretty much anything from enemies.

Status staves are fine as long as they don't make chapters like 24 and 24x of Thracia 776 (except in that game, the only way to get rid of sleep, poison, etc was with a Rest staff. It didn't gradually wear off. Also only enemies can poison you and all dark magic the enemies use poison you. Steal poison weapon/dark magic from enemy? Weapon/tome becomes iron weapon/regular dark magic tome. Have fun! :D

Also, Thracia 766 already did generic soldiers, and they sucked a**. Not to mention, they belonged to Glade, one of the worst units in the game for combat (but awesome because of his leadership star).
---
I loathe the idiosyncrasies of mankind.
FE 4 is the best Fire Emblem.