Worst FE Lord ever?

#1FaellinPosted 7/5/2014 12:03:59 PM
Just wondering who everyone considers to be the worst lord / main hero in the series. Based on character design, how well they actually perform in their game, and of course, their stats.

Going to say Roy. However much I like his game, He just sucks until the very end of the game when he gets his special weapon. And even then, its only for like 3 chapters.
---
I have nothing witty to say, Nor do I need one.
#2AmalCassel36Posted 7/5/2014 12:14:40 PM
Lyn. Her storyline is pointless, its just a tutorial for the main game. She adds nothing to the Eliwood/Hector main story. Her only purpose is to be Hector's future wife. And she is a terrible unit later in the game. And she doesn't have much of a personality, but sadly this can be said of pretty much every FE lord, except Hector.
---
"I'm mad, I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore"
#3AnriHeroKingPosted 7/5/2014 12:17:22 PM
Every FE lord is awful. Well, Anri is amazing, but every other one stinks.
---
I am AnriHeroKing, Lord of Aritia. My secret board is below.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/584767-gauntlet
#4Dark Young LinkPosted 7/5/2014 12:21:07 PM
^ Ike is a terrible unit who's only purpose is to be Hector's wife? :P

Jokes aside, I've had the worst (personal) experience with Eliwood. Remained mediocre throughout the entire playthrough. Not much for dodging either. My Lyn started gradually falling off later in the game, but at least she wasn't getting hit by the cannon fodder bandits.

Honorable mention goes to Erika for that one playthrough where she got like no HP ups and could be OHKOed by the giant spiders >_> But besides that I have nothing against the girl.
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#5AmalCassel36Posted 7/5/2014 12:21:19 PM
AnriHeroKing posted...

Anri is so bad everyone in Awakening forgot about him and only remember Marth.
---
"I'm mad, I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore"
#6RJWalker243Posted 7/5/2014 12:22:10 PM
Character: Chrom.

Gameplay: Roy.
#7AranvoidPosted 7/5/2014 12:27:46 PM
AnriHeroKing posted...

Here comes the essay, you earned it.

For one, Anri doesn't even have his own fire emblem game, and even if he did, Sigurd trumps him so hard. The worst lord would have to be Marth. At first, I believed him to be awesome, but when I delved deeper, I found nothing interesting. The games that change his personality don't help his case at all.

Anri doesn't even get a gaiden chapter where you play as him. Just a mention of his deeds, but no concrete proof. At this rate is say Marth is better than him. Chrom just got the misfortune of having a rushed story.

You may win that case, but you can win the Sigurd, Hector, and Ephraim case with what you just said.
---
Official Emperor-King of the board.
"I'm never alone. Heroic blood or not, my friends are my strength!" -Unknown, from Begonian Legacy
#8Pepsi_AlPosted 7/5/2014 12:53:07 PM(edited)
AmalCassel36 posted...
And she is a terrible unit later in the game.

She has a 45 use Prf weapon with a built-in crit rate, effective bonuses on unit types that give her the most trouble, and has no effect on the funds rank whatsoever. She also has a decent support list, and is one of the game's best bow users. How is that, in any sense of the word, "terrible"? Hell, she can even be a saving grace on the game's hardest chapter solely due to auto D in bows.

And she doesn't have much of a personality.

Which is pretty much a blatant lie.
#9AnriHeroKingPosted 7/5/2014 12:44:58 PM(edited)
AmalCassel36 posted...
AnriHeroKing posted...

Anri is so bad everyone in Awakening forgot about him and only remember Marth.

No, Awakening is so bad everyone there forgot about Anri and only remember Marth.
---
I am AnriHeroKing, Lord of Aritia. My secret board is below.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/584767-gauntlet
#10OwnagepuffsPosted 7/5/2014 12:53:02 PM
RJWalker243 posted...
Character: Chrom.

Gameplay: Roy.

Hey now, Chrom just drew the short straw by being the lead of a bad story. He himself isn't a bad character. He does remind me a lot of Sigurd which is why I like 'em both.

Anyway

Gameplay: Gotta be Roy. Late promotion, 5 mov, and meh stats. SoS is great but it don't last forever.

Story wise: Lucina or Lyn. Both are pretty irrelevant to their games. Lucina actually has been through a grim future so she gets props. Lyn is just eehhhh. She seemed to exist just for the sake of having a badass sword chick. But hey, dat Sol Matti crit.

Pepsi_Al posted...
Prf weapon with a built-in crit rate, has no effect on the funds rank regardless of usage, decent support list, and is one of the game's best bow users. How is that, in any sense of the word, "terrible". Hell, she can even be a saving grace on the game's hardest chapter solely due to auto D in bows.

Mani Katti don't last forever. She has superfluous speed. FE7 enemies are about as fast as a rock covered in molasses. Unless Lyn gets strength blessed by the RNG she's effectively worthless. You could use Lyn mode to score her a few levels but just having Sain roflstomp everything so he can early promote is a much better use of Lyn Mode.

Ellwood gets a horse and 16 aid along with Javelin access so he has some use post promotion. Also Rapier is a slightly less potent Mani Katti. Hector is lol Hector. He would have been roflstomping everything with a hand Axe up until he promotes and he will just roflstomp some more after. Lyn has to pick between 1 and 2 range post promotion and is still sword locked in a game where most enemies have lances. Lyn is pretty terrible without favoritism. At least compared to basically everyone else you get that isn't Wil and Rebecca. If you need bows Louise has your back and Pent is God.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice