Second opinions on these pairings?

#1Firaga_BurstPosted 7/11/2014 12:46:15 PM
So I'm trying to make as many Children with Armsthrift and/or Galeforce as possible while still having decent modifiers. I'm by no means experienced with optimal pairs so I would really appreciate some input.

- Chrom and Female Avatar. Unfortunate since I really like Chrom!Cynthia but I want Armsthrift on Lucina. Plus, Chrom should be good for Morgan.

- Virion and Olivia. Easier since Olivia gives Inigo so much already. I've heard Virion is second best behind Chrom a lot so I figure this will be a good pairing.

- Stahl and Cordelia. As far as I know, Severa isn't too reliant on her father thanks to Cordelia. But Stahl gives good modifiers as I recall so should work nicely.

- Gaius and Tharja. My biggest question mark at the moment. Donnel would give Galeforce and Armsthrift but Gaius I think is the better parent for Noire. Opinions?

- Gregor and Cherche. Armsthrift Gerome plus that red hair. Seems to be the best choice available unless I overlooked something.

- Donnel and Sully. Gives Kjelle GF and Armsthrift. Still not sure if he would be better with Noire.

- Vaike and Sumia. Armsthrift. Not sure it's the greatest pairing though.

- Ricken and Miriel. Mainly modifiers. Not sure that any other parent would be better from a skill stand point.

- Henry and Maribelle. Gives Brady Sorcerer and good modifiers.

- Libra and Lissa. Decent for Dread Fighter Owain. But honestly I just can't come up with a better pair. Maybe Fredrick would be better?

- Lon'qu and Panne. Decent Yarne. Think its the best I can do with the leftovers.

- Kellam and Nowi. I think tank Nah is overrated but pickings are slim here. Any better ideas?

I appreciate any and all input, there's just so many pairings and only so many Children that can get the better parents. I just want to make sure I'm not missing better options.
#2SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 7/11/2014 12:52:17 PM
Firaga_Burst posted...
- Vaike and Sumia. Armsthrift. Not sure it's the greatest pairing though.
Vaike cannot S class Sumia.

Sumia's only available options are:
Chrom
Frederick
Gaius
Henry
#3OwnagepuffsPosted 7/11/2014 1:09:50 PM
^That

Thumbs up in general. You have the bases covered.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#4Misha-HeartPosted 7/11/2014 1:15:35 PM
- Chrom and Female Avatar.
Nothing wrong with this.

- Virion and Olivia.
Inigo likes having an offensive proc and Virion provides nothing good.

- Stahl and Cordelia.
Good.

- Gaius and Tharja.
Good.

- Gregor and Cherche.
Highly debated, depending on what you want Gerome to do. A lot of people who suggest this pairing only stick Gerome in the back, which really makes him less of a unit and more of a power-up.

- Donnel and Sully.
Good.

- Vaike and Sumia.
They can't marry.

- Ricken and Miriel.
A lot of people prefer giving Vantage to Laurent, but Luna's an alright secondary.

- Henry and Maribelle.
Brady doesn't care.

- Libra and Lissa.
Good.

- Lon'qu and Panne.
Lon'qu doesn't give Yarne anything substantial.

- Kellam and Nowi.
Alright, but could be better.

Suggestions:
Sumia x Henry
Olivia x Kellam/Frederick
Cherche x Frederick/Kellam
Panne x Gregor
Maribelle x Lon'qu
Nowi x Vaike
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Sakura Trick has brought forth hope and will revolutionize the world.
#5CharizardFirePosted 7/11/2014 1:18:51 PM
You can't get Armsthrift on both Lucina and Cynthia.

Lucina can only get Armsthrift if her mother is a female Avatar.
Cynthia can only get Armsthrift if her father is a male Avatar.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#6OwnagepuffsPosted 7/11/2014 1:42:29 PM
Misha-Heart posted...
- Gregor and Cherche.
Highly debated, depending on what you want Gerome to do. A lot of people who suggest this pairing only stick Gerome in the back, which really makes him less of a unit and more of a power-up.

OP wants Armsthrift everywhere. Gregor is easily Gerome's best AT dad.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#7Misha-HeartPosted 7/11/2014 2:04:28 PM
Ownagepuffs posted...
OP wants Armsthrift everywhere. Gregor is easily Gerome's best AT dad.

How so? Like most people assume, he's a back-line unit which means he burns through weapons slower than his frontline wife. Never mind the fact that he primarily uses 1-range weapons that have plenty of uses. Plus, you just agreed his list was perfect, even though he was missing out on Vaike's Armthrift for girls and didn't say anything about that.

Also, Gregor doesn't solely belong to Gerome. Laurent and even Brady are better off with Armthrift so they can spam Celica's Gale all they want, moreso than Gerome and you didn't list them at all.
---
#8OwnagepuffsPosted 7/11/2014 2:30:40 PM
Misha-Heart posted...
How so? Like most people assume, he's a back-line unit which means he burns through weapons slower than his frontline wife. Never mind the fact that he primarily uses 1-range weapons that have plenty of uses. Plus, you just agreed his list was perfect, even though he was missing out on Vaike's Armthrift for girls and didn't say anything about that.

Assuming Brave weapons, back units use weapons twice as much as the front unit. I assumed he just felt like giving AT to Gerome. Gerome's only AT dads are Donny, Avatar, and Gregor. He has a FeMU, and Gregor has Axefaire and better mods than Donny.

I didn't say his list was perfect. I said he covered all the bases. I could've went nitpicking but eh, if it's what OP wants then whatever. I forgot about Vaike giving AT to girls. I'm a bit out of it atm, so I'm too lazy to go into detail.

Also, Gregor doesn't solely belong to Gerome. Laurent and even Brady are better off with Armthrift so they can spam Celica's Gale all they want, moreso than Gerome and you didn't list them at all.

Gregor's best use is Laurent. But eh, OP wants mods on Laurent. Ricken has it.
---
-Apollo Justice
#9Misha-HeartPosted 7/11/2014 2:53:32 PM
Ownagepuffs posted...
Assuming Brave weapons, back units use weapons twice as much as the front unit. I assumed he just felt like giving AT to Gerome. Gerome's only AT dads are Donny, Avatar, and Gregor. He has a FeMU, and Gregor has Axefaire and better mods than Donny.

I didn't say his list was perfect. I said he covered all the bases. I could've went nitpicking but eh, if it's what OP wants then whatever. I forgot about Vaike giving AT to girls. I'm a bit out of it atm, so I'm too lazy to go into detail.

Gregor's best use is Laurent. But eh, OP wants mods on Laurent. Ricken has it.

Wow, you don't feel like going into detail? I thought you were all about giving out info, especially since this is gameplay-related. Since Gerome occupies the back all the time, what stops him from holding 5 Brave weapons? He literally does nothing else, so that doesn't justify the need for Armthrift.

Could've at least said Brady then. That slot's open.
---
#10OwnagepuffsPosted 7/11/2014 3:14:50 PM
Misha-Heart posted...
Wow, you don't feel like going into detail? I thought you were all about giving out info, especially since this is gameplay-related. Since Gerome occupies the back all the time, what stops him from holding 5 Brave weapons? He literally does nothing else, so that doesn't justify the need for Armthrift.

Yep, I'm still a little hung over, so I don't feel like getting into detail. Thanks for the concern.

Here's the funny thing about Gerome, I don't stick him in the back all the time. Gerome's greatest father, Stahl, makes him both a support and a front liner. He strikes as hard as any Gerome due to his monster Str mod, has far more desirable classes (Assassin? Bow Knight? Paladin? Oh yes), Astra/Luna proc stack, and does it with the precision of Hit +20. Stahl!Gerome is not only the best hard support Gerome, but the best front line Gerome as well. But I assumed OP wants AT on Gerome. If that is so, then Gregor's the way to go.

Gregor!Brady is pretty awesome, but the mods conflict. Unlike Laurent, who can do VV in exchange for like 1 less magic, Brady doesn't gain anything with Gregor as his parent. Especially if DLC in enabled.
---
-Apollo Justice