Who's the best wife for Chrom?

#51TheMKDestroyerPosted 7/27/2014 1:17:05 AM
Endgame posted...
Personally, I'm a Sumia fan, but that's only because I want to make Cynthia as OP as possible.

nope, Henry is the best father for Cynthia as an individual

but as I recently discovered, giving Henry to Brady instead then giving Libra to Inigo so he can be a Sage is in fact, optimal, Cynthia takes a hit compared to having Henry as a father, but it is for the greater good, leaving Chrom as the only option left since Gaius goes to Noire and Frederick is godawful

that said.....

Sage!Lucina is the new hip thing.

this is pure stupidity and needs to die off, Sumia!Lucina goes Dark Flier

females go Dark Flier, males go Sage, and it just so happens that with the new setup I've worked out, you get exactly three Dark Fliers and three Sages to pair together.....

Man I find it funny how you supposedly hate this game yet know so much about it. Optimal pairings and whatnot. More than I do and I actually like this game. You sure play a game that you hate alot.
#52yoshikid979Posted 7/27/2014 6:05:42 AM
TheMKDestroyer posted...
Man I find it funny how you supposedly hate this game yet know so much about it. Optimal pairings and whatnot. More than I do and I actually like this game. You sure play a game that you hate alot.

I've read a lot of posts from sereneforests and GFaqs, and I learnt that endgame shouldn't really be taken too seriously lol.
#53Pepsi_AlPosted 7/27/2014 8:29:26 AM
TheMKDestroyer posted...
Endgame posted...
Personally, I'm a Sumia fan, but that's only because I want to make Cynthia as OP as possible.

nope, Henry is the best father for Cynthia as an individual

but as I recently discovered, giving Henry to Brady instead then giving Libra to Inigo so he can be a Sage is in fact, optimal, Cynthia takes a hit compared to having Henry as a father, but it is for the greater good, leaving Chrom as the only option left since Gaius goes to Noire and Frederick is godawful

that said.....

Sage!Lucina is the new hip thing.

this is pure stupidity and needs to die off, Sumia!Lucina goes Dark Flier

females go Dark Flier, males go Sage, and it just so happens that with the new setup I've worked out, you get exactly three Dark Fliers and three Sages to pair together.....

He doesn't actually have the game, or knows what's considered the most "optimal". For instance: He did say that Lucy benefits the most as Olivia's child when all she really cares about is Pegasus Knight, and somehow thinks that Inigo has a shortage of Luna dads when Fred, Stahl, and Kellam all exist. He also says that Cynthia "takes a hit" as Chrom's daughter, when nothing of the sort even happens. Sure Cynthia loses Vengeance and Dual Support+ (the former of which is risky on frontliners not named Morgan, Lon'qu!Severa, or Lucy's husband, while the latter isn't really suited for someone who's primarily an attacker), but compared to giving Cynthia more class and role flexibility than she would as Henry's daughter, in addition to access to the Aether/Luna combo, it pretty much works out for the better for Cynthia.
#54Pepsi_AlPosted 7/27/2014 8:45:40 AM
shiningpikablu252 posted...
The game intro is done in a style that implies it's not intended to be interpreted as canonical to the game's plot. Far too many people think the opening is a strong hint, when it is in fact very weak at best.
http://tvtropes.org.pmwiki.php/Main/BroadStrokes

People also interpret as a strong hint the cutscene in chapter 3 and even bring up the cutscene's American name ("Lovebirds") as being supportive of it being a strong hint; the cutscene's contents, on the other hand, are far more supportive of its European name ("The Rescue") and is thus a very weak hint at best.
Regardless, you can't deny that it's a point in favor of Chrom/Sumia much like how the Pirate Ship scene is a point in favor for Hector/Lyn.

The game actually does a good job at not pushing Chrom toward any of his potential wives.
Err. No. Maribelle and Flavia are BIG Shippers on Deck for Chrom/Sumia while LISSA of all people thinks that Chrom/Olivia and Chrom/Maiden are both ridiculous because of how they happen. Chrom/Sully and Chrom/Maribelle are only about as pushed as Hector/Florina and Lyn/Rath. That should tell you at least something in regards to what's pushed and what isn't.

If the game was being developed with Chrom having a canon wife in mind, Sumia or otherwise, the developers would have made it so Chrom and said canon wife could only marry each other ala Sigurd/Deirdre, probably in forced fashion, with neither Chrom nor said canon wife having any other potential marriage options

Which is completely unnecessary (as pairs like Lewyn/Fury proves), and would only serve to anger fans. Possibly to the point where I.S. receives death threats. Surely you know about the Japanese fanbase's reaction to I.S. blatantly saying that Nanna was Beowulf's daughter, right?
#55redazraelPosted 7/28/2014 10:17:57 PM
Just chiming in with my opinion that f!Robin is the best possible wife for Chrom because you can customize her stats to give Lucina any advantage stat-wise that you want -- Robin!Lucina can outspeed even Sumia!Lucina if speed is what you're going for, assuming you make Robin's Asset Speed and don't choose Magic or Resistance as her Flaw.

Add that to the fact that with Robin as her mother, Lucina can play any class open to females, and you have one kickass daughter with almost any possible combination of Skills. It's a pity that she can't learn Counter due to Chrom not being able to learn it, but you can't have everything.
#56Is_CorruptedPosted 7/28/2014 10:20:42 PM
His hand, but FEA got that wrong too.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#57MelonGxPosted 7/28/2014 11:04:40 PM(edited)
Roles of Lucina

1) Leading Dark Flier / Sage
FeMU (Mag+5) > Maribelle (Mag+3) > Sumia (Mag+1) > Olivia (Mag+1, no TF) >>>>> Sully & Maiden (no GF, no Tome class)

2) Leading Sniper
Sumia (Spd+5) > FeMU (Spd+4) = Olivia (Spd+3) > Maribelle (Spd+2) > Sully (Spd+4, no GF) > Maiden (Spd+2, no GF)

3) VVDS+ supporter
FeMU (Mag+5, AT) > Maribelle (Mag+3) > Sumia (Mag+1) >> Olivia (Mag+1, no TF) > Sully & Maiden (any physical class < Bride < any Tome class)

4) VVDS+ leader
FeMU > Olivia (no Vengeance) >>>>> Sumia, Maribelle, Sully , Maiden (no Vantage or Vantage + no Tome class)

* Olivia!Lucina is the only VVDS+ leader who can marry Str.71/Mag.66 Morgan. But the total output is still inferior to FeMU!Lucina x Mag.62 Laurent due to Olivia!Lucina's lack of Vengeance.

Rating of Lucina's brother / sister

Cynthia = Inigo = Brady > Morgan (max stat is restricted to Str+6 or Mag+5) >>>>> Kjelle

Conclusion
Sumia: 1-C 2-A 3-C 4-X 5-A
Maribelle: 1-B 2-D 3-B 4-X 5-A
Olivia: 1-D 2-B 3-D 4-B 5-A
FeMU: 1-A 2-B 3-A 4-A 5-D
Sully: 1-E 2-E 3-E 4-X 5-E
Maiden: 1-E 2-F 3-E 4-X 5-X
---
Dragon Quest IX Famous Grottoes - http://dq9grotto.wikidot.com/