Is it a good idea to have the female avatar marry Chrom? (no spoilers)

#1BardWannabePosted 7/30/2014 5:27:27 AM
First, my apologies--I'm sure this question has been asked a lot. But this is my first playthrough, so I want to avoid spoilers. Chrom and her might be my two best units, and I don't know the marriage mechanics, so I'm not sure if it's desirable to put two really good units together or not.
#2NinjamanXXXXPosted 7/30/2014 5:34:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3emagdnEPosted 7/30/2014 5:51:48 AM
normal playthrough: no, Chrom is the second worst father for Morgan

Chrom/Robin rush playthrough (aka Lunatic/Lunatic+ playthrough): yes, because S Rank support boosts dual strike activation rate, and since you're forced to bring Chrom into every battle anyway.....
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#4BIeck5Posted 7/30/2014 6:06:54 AM
NinjamanXXXX posted...
i personally think this game is meant to be played as Female avatar.
I played as Male avatar but there's more conversation between them than anything,People call it bros,I call it F**.
Anyway,Just play on your own accord.Its your first playthrough.

Lol ok.
#5I_eat_tablesPosted 7/30/2014 6:09:05 AM
Yes. Robin x Chrom is by far the best in-game pairing. Morgan starts as a Tactician in this pairing, which is incredibly helpful, as well as likely getting very good base stats. You also get the best possible Lucina. On top of that Chrom x Robin gives a lot of benefits to the two involved - they both have skills that benefit from pair ups, they're usually going to be your two best units which can be both a blessing and a curse (it's often nice to have your two best units separate - but you can always just pair up with other characters for this). There's a lot of benefits and pretty much the only downside is that Chrom passes a bad skill on to Morgan (but starting as a Tactician means starting with Veteran, which more than makes up for it).
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#6Strawberry_EggsPosted 7/30/2014 6:09:36 AM
Go right ahead. It's generally a good idea to put two good units together, and there a good chance you'll like the results of marrying Chrom to your Avatar. :)
---
Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy.
#7Aninymous3Posted 7/30/2014 6:17:22 AM
Chrom x Robin is a fun pairing that is fantastic in the main game and produces and extremely powerful daughter. Make sure that before you start chapter 13, you go into the "equip skills" menu and switch Robin's "Veteran" skill to the bottom of the list, so their daughter can have it. I forgot to do that when I did Chrom x Robin and I regretted it. The Chrom x Robin relationship has funny and touching parts.

People complain about it not being ideal for Morgan, but Morgan is always perfect anyway. I never even use Morgan because I don't find him/her to be an interesting character. Seriously, unless you're doing some kind of gimmick DLC run, no one should care how Morgan turns out at all. You literally cannot screw him/her up.

Enjoy the game! Don't stress out over any children other than the most prominent one (you'll know who it is) because they aren't necessary or practical to use to beat the main game or the DLC. The children characters are fun and interesting, though, so they make for nice diversions, and it makes you appreciate your marriages a tad more at times.

I hope I didn't spoil too much.
#8BardWannabe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 8:14:04 AM
Cool. Thanks for all the feedback.
#9KeirndmoPosted 7/30/2014 8:20:23 AM
I feel like it improves the low mid-tier story of the game to marry Chrom.
---
Squirtle is the best Pokemon.
Most wanted characters for Smash 4:Simon Belmont,Ridley,Toon Ganondorf.
#10Ephraim8Posted 7/30/2014 9:15:31 AM
emagdnE posted...
normal playthrough: no, Chrom is the second worst father for Morgan

Chrom/Robin rush playthrough (aka Lunatic/Lunatic+ playthrough): yes, because S Rank support boosts dual strike activation rate, and since you're forced to bring Chrom into every battle anyway.....

Endgame!
Endgame x Lissa is canon
---
It's a fact of life.....
DEAL WITH IT