Best Overall Character (Series)

#1ReddShopePosted 7/31/2014 3:54:01 PM
Who is the best overall character in the series, in terms of gameplay? See details below. - Results (84 votes)
Levin- Holsety
3.57% (3 votes)
Sety- Holsety
9.52% (8 votes)
Seliph- Tyrfing
1.19% (1 votes)
Hector- Wolf Beil/Armads
16.67% (14 votes)
Ike- Ragnell
30.95% (26 votes)
Roy- Sword of Seals
1.19% (1 votes)
Sigurd- Tyrfing
4.76% (4 votes)
Seth- Domination
11.9% (10 votes)
Micaiah- Light Magic
4.76% (4 votes)
Other (Please Specify Below)
15.48% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This topic won't include everyone that could be voted for, and mostly concerns characters in games 4-13 because I am not familiar with games before that. Also, I'm leaving Avatar's and their children out. Player created characters shouldn't count. Also, I'm only including two children characters from all games combined, and only because they canonically can use the weapon that makes them great. Laguz, manaketes, and dancers are not included.

Based on the situation each of these characters are in, and their equipment and stats, which is the best in terms of gameplay? It is important to note that some characters are included due to their utility at the time, even though they are subpar to other units, such as Levin and Seth. Levin will almost always have worse stats than his canonical son, but as the only Holsety user in a less-powerful first generation, a case could be made in his favor. Likewise, Seth is not the most powerful unit in endgame in Sacred Stones, but as he can almost solo the entire game, he gets on the list.

Explanations:
Levin: See above
Sety: Can easily max speed, magic, and a few other stats, plus wields the single greatest tome in the game, if not all time.
Seliph: Incredible growths, and access to Tyrfing late in the game, a weapon with a crazy boost to his already usually fairly high resistance. Always a great second gen unit.
Hector: The most prolific character from 7. A tank with fairly good speed growths and constitution to wield many axes with little to no penalty. Always a favorite and great unit.
Ike: Maxes almost every stat, still a fan favorite, access to a sword with 18 might that can strike from afar or up-close without breaking, aether.
Roy: Absolutely horrid until the Sword of Seals sets him apart from the pack. Other units are probably better from his game, but with the Sword of Seals it's very hard to stop Roy.
Sigurd: One of the best Lords in the series. Starts with a horse which gives him an advantage over his son, and has great starting stats and growths.
Seth: See Above
Micaiah: Great growths and magic usage put her on the list. She will max nigh on every stat of trained, so endgame can be useful. However, utility can be somewhat limited.
Other: Don't rage if your choice is left out. Simply make a case.
---
Procrastinating is like a speed run in real life -ReddShope
http://backloggery.com/reddshope
#2AranvoidPosted 7/31/2014 3:55:55 PM
I'd say Sigurd, but Seliph eventually outclasses him, especially with his great Res bonus.
---
"For why do we fight? Peace can be achieved with words, not steel."
"Keep hanging on to such stupid ideals.War is war."-Kuro and Arashi, AS
#3ReddShope(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 3:58:36 PM
Aranvoid posted...
I'd say Sigurd, but Seliph eventually outclasses him, especially with his great Res bonus.

I included both because while Seliph ends up better, Sigurd is much more dominant in his story.
---
#4RJWalker243Posted 7/31/2014 4:03:18 PM(edited)
Ced.

However, if we're going with canon, then I'd say Julia is the most powerful character in the series. She literally summons Naga to fight for her.

But even in gameplay, Julia is amazing with Nosferatu and GG with Naga.
#5KingChickadeePosted 7/31/2014 4:03:25 PM
Other - Basilio
---
3DS FC: 0602-6862-2970 - Official Pokemon Breeder of Kalos and Leader of Team Croissant
And IIIIII will alwaays loooooooveee yoooooouuuuuuu ~Spikaya
#6VascelaPosted 7/31/2014 4:03:41 PM
Sety dominates his generation much harder than probably anyone else. The only downside is that he isn't as available as Sigurd was. Vote goes to Sety.
#7ReddShope(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 4:04:21 PM
RJWalker243 posted...
Ced.

However, if we're going with canon, then I'd say Julia is the most powerful character in the series. She literally summons Naga to fight for her.

HOW DID I LEAVE HER OUT

But I still think Sety takes her. Probably not though.
---
#8PKNintendoPosted 7/31/2014 4:04:48 PM
Seth the God. My head canon for him is that he was a merciless slayer, and someone that would occasionally take Eirika against her will. *sigh* Good times.
---
You want the worst? Well you gon' see the worst, because I'm the best; the best at being the worst!
#9AranvoidPosted 7/31/2014 4:06:40 PM
PKNintendo posted...
Seth the God. My head canon for him is that he was a merciless slayer, and someone that would occasionally take Eirika against her will. *sigh* Good times.

You're sick as Valter. I see why your friend best you up...
---
"For why do we fight? Peace can be achieved with words, not steel."
"Keep hanging on to such stupid ideals.War is war."-Kuro and Arashi, AS
#10VascelaPosted 7/31/2014 4:09:49 PM(edited)
ReddShope posted...
RJWalker243 posted...
Ced.

HOW DID I LEAVE HER OUT

But I still think Sety takes her. Probably not though.

Yulia/Julia only does one fight. Sety, Levin, and Sigurd smash the game harder than her.

edit: not that she wouldn't get early light tome, but she does not haul as much ass