Best class for the avatar for a beginner?

#1discodancer77Posted 8/5/2014 12:54:22 PM(edited)
I'm doing my first play through of this soon, what is a good advanced class for robin/Avatar (male) I'd like to use a class who uses both magic and physical attacks well. Would Grandmaster or dread fighter be a good choice?
---
Crime doesn't pay. Crime takes what crime wants.
3DS FC:4484-9115-6149
#2WhenDragonsFliPosted 8/5/2014 12:54:50 PM
Grandmaster for Males (Or sage)

Dark FLier or Grandmaster for Females
---
"I love life. Because video games are real." ~Me
Mood:Bored (Why? I'm bored.
#3sabata2Posted 8/5/2014 2:38:33 PM
Dread Fighter is a damn good class to pass through and even stay in.
Not *quite* as strong as a Grandmaster when looking at stats, but Aggressor outweights that by a ****ton.
---
There's hentai for everything. If you haven't found it, look harder. - Icadwallader
If it weren't for my PSP, I wouldn't be sane right now.
#4Dark Young LinkPosted 8/5/2014 2:44:03 PM
Both Grandmaster and Dread Lord works great for the "mage knight" hybrid.

If you decide on Dread Lord, I highly recommend you get to level 5 Grandmaster first, Ignis is a very nice skill to have.
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#5SorceressTharjaPosted 8/5/2014 4:37:10 PM
Dread Lord is only available through paid DLC mind
---
Die Now
#6astrophysPosted 8/5/2014 10:06:22 PM
Grandmaster has both magic and swords and has great pair-up bonuses (at A or S rank and high enough stats, up to +7 in each of strength, magic, skill, and speed, as well as a generic +3 in all remaining stats), which makes it great as an all purpose unit.

Another class worth considering is the Dark Knight, which also uses swords and magic and is thus kind of like a mounted Grandmaster. Its somewhat more skewed towards magic than physical (while still retaining the physical option) but has higher mobility than the Grandmaster. Its pair up bonus are more magically and defensively orientated (as well as movement), which means that its pair-up bonus serves a different role from Grandmaster. Dark Knights are also fairly tanky for mages.

So I'd say Grandmaster or Dark Knight are both great classes for a beginner to allow a physical/magic mixed strategy.
#7discodancer77(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 10:13:00 PM
Dark knight sounds good...
Which classes can use the Nosferstu skill?
---
#8Dark Young LinkPosted 8/5/2014 10:15:30 PM
Dark Knight is legit fun, would have brought it up earlier but I never use their swords so I forgot they could use them.

Dark Mage/Sorcerer can use the Nosferstu tome, and dark magic in general.
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#9sunstorm298Posted 8/5/2014 10:16:21 PM
Only Dark Mage and Sorcerer can use the Nosferatu tome, but if you pass through Hero you can get the Sol skill, which has a [skill stat]% chance of doing the same thing
#10discodancer77(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 10:16:57 PM
Can any mixed classes use Nosferstu? Otherwise I think I'll go for dark knight. Is there anything similar to dark knight that isn't mounted?
---