Best class for the avatar for a beginner?

#11Dark Young LinkPosted 8/5/2014 11:20:23 PM
Something similar to the Dark Knight class would be the Dark Flyer class, though that's female only. Otherwise, those are the only two mounted classes that have spells.

Well there's also Valkyrie but that's a healer(who can also use tomes), and also female exclusive.
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#12sunstorm298Posted 8/5/2014 11:21:39 PM
Nope, only Dark Mages and Sorcerers can use Nosferatu. "Similar to Dark Knight but not mounted" as in uses swords and tomes? Because that's Grandmaster and Dread Fighter and I think that's about it.
#13discodancer77(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 12:03:54 PM
So dread fighter is paid DLC only?
---
Crime doesn't pay. Crime takes what crime wants.
3DS FC:4484-9115-6149
#14AwesomeMarioPosted 8/6/2014 12:12:34 PM
discodancer77 posted...
So dread fighter is paid DLC only?

Yes
---
PSN/NN: Shadow 2684. FC:1375-8297-7361.
People who think I'm Awesome: 17
#15GodOfDerpPosted 8/6/2014 12:42:09 PM
discodancer77 posted...
Dark knight sounds good...
Which classes can use the Nosferstu skill?

The other exception for Nos tanking is having a male avatar marry Aversa and pass down shadowgift to Morgan, which grants acess to dark tomes for all magic weilding classes, including sage, dark flier, dread fighter, dark knight.

Also the DLC Micaiah and Katarina both have shadowgift.
#160chocolachao0Posted 8/6/2014 1:18:28 PM
Stick to your Tactician Class.
Promote yourself with a Master Seal to becone a Grandmaster obce your sufficicently leveled.
---
Pokemon / Bioshock / Persona / Dragon Age / Final Fantasy XIII / Fire Emblem / Batman / Ace Attorney and more!!
PSN: ChocolaChao
#17BluesSoul617Posted 8/8/2014 5:53:24 PM
Stick to whichever you're comfortable with, TC.

Good classes for your avatar are:

Grandmaster - Swords and Tomes
Sage - Tomes and Staves
Sorcerer - Tomes
Dread Fighter - Swords, Axes, and Tomes ($2.50 DLC)

Dark Knight and Dark Flier have extra movement/terrain ignorance but gain weaknesses to Beast Killer/Bows/Wind magic

If looks bother you, I will say that the Sage makes your Avatar's head look smaller than the body; Sorcerer looks like he has a swimsuit on.
---
Blues Soul 617
#18RyoKaibaPosted 8/8/2014 6:25:33 PM
Grandmaster, Dark Knight, and Dreadfighter all allow for mix of Swords and tomes. One possibility is leveling to 10 or so as a tactician, use a dreadfighter scroll and wait until you get to a level 30 dread fighter and reclass into Grandmaster. Of course that isn't possible for a female Avatar as Dread Fighter is male exclusive

Another viability is go Tactician > Grandmaster at 20> Dark Knight at level 15 (after getting Rally Spectrum as Grandmaster) > Reclass back to Grandmaster at 15 after getting Lifetaker (or stay as a dark knight).
---
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV
#19OwnagepuffsPosted 8/8/2014 8:26:48 PM
Grandmaster is the most idiot proof class in the game.
---
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice
#20BluesSoul617Posted 8/8/2014 9:06:21 PM
Ownagepuffs posted...
Grandmaster is the most idiot proof class in the game.

Grandmaster and Dread Fighter are practically the same, just with an extra option to use Axes. Males only though.
---
Blues Soul 617