CYOA: Four Fangs

#51TestPilotVGCPosted 8/18/2014 6:08:22 PM
BrianTheLegend_ posted...
CBA.

It's easy as a 3 2 1.

This. I guess...

ReddShope posted...
Rhymes with hump

Would it be stump? lump? jump? dump? I'm really at a loss here...
---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.
#52ReddShope(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 6:26:49 PM
TestPilotVGC posted...

ReddShope posted...
Rhymes with hump

Would it be stump? lump? jump? dump? I'm really at a loss here...

...bump
---
Procrastinating since '93
Follow fake me on Twitter: @Fakeshopeacc Check out my backloggery from like a year ago: http://backloggery.com/reddshope
#53ReddShope(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 11:01:58 AM
Points system has us taking a CAB.

"May as well start with the most powerful." You say as you weild the Flux tome. With it wielded, you feel as if you can take hits slightly better. As the soldiers rush you, wielding all four types of weapons, you return fire. One, two, three go down in quick succession. However a sword user slips past your casting and slashes at you. You attempt to sidestep, but it catches your left shoulder. You wince in pain, but are able to get off a Flux spell before any real damage can be done. You notice Ursula was not lying about the pain, however the dark tome seemed to imbue you with extra physical defense.
"Hmph. I guess that acceptable handling of Dark Magic, though they were just mirages." Ursula states.
"Acceptable? I barely got hit!"
"No matter. Choose your next tome. This time you will face the same number of opponents, but they will wield magic."

"May as well go to the opposite end of the spectrum." You say and grab the Lightning time. As you do, you feel your mind fortify itself. Perhaps magic will harm you less?
The battle starts before your thought is finished. Spells fly at you, but the lightness of the time allows you to dodge most of he attacks. The ones that do hit seem to bounce off. Perhaps this time does increase resistance. What an odd effect. As you read the book to finish the last few spells and take out the remaining enemies, a faint glow appears from its pages. The battle is over before anything happens, however. Perhaps you were simply using the tome more effectively. After all, this was your second attempt, and you felt somewhat rusty during the first.
"Hmm. Adequate performance. Move on. This time you will face twice the number of enemies, wielding both magic and weapons" Ursula presses you forward. "What? That's ridiculous... Ah fine whatever. Let's hope I saved the best for last!"

You grab the remaining fire tome. It feels... amazing. You are finally in tune with your inner magic. A rush of energy goes to your legs. You feel as if you could run for days, and can dodge any attack.
The Mirani rush you, and you quickly fire back. The nimbleness from the tome allows you to dodge the attacks of your enemies. After three foes fall, you notice a stronger glow than before coming from this time. A surge of energy flows through you. As you cast your next fire spell, the fireball veers downward and hits the ground in front of you, missing your target. "Dammit!" You yell, not noticing the glow has disappeared from your book. As you look back at the fireball on the ground, you notice it is still burning, and growing even. The ball continues to grow, and eventually turns into the shape of a fiery Hellhound. The hound turns to you as if waiting for orders. As you sit there stunned, an enemy with an axe sneaks up on you. Before you can react, the newly summoned Hellhound leaps into action and attacks the axe user before it can hurt you. You are not sure why it has done this, but it appears to be on your side, so you won't complain. With the help of the Hellhound, the rest of the enemies are easily dispatched. As the last enemy dies, your Hellhound turns to you, and then fades away.

"What the hell was that?" exclaims Linus.
"It can't be... I had heard of those who can summon familiars, but I had thought they were rumors!" Ursula says, apparently shocked. You never thought anything would surprise her. "This certainly adds to your mystery." She says cynically. "In any case, you pass."

MAGIC/RESISTANCE TEST COMPLETE!

NEW CLASS UNLOCKED!
Pupil

NEW ATTRIBUTES REVEALED!
Magic: 12 Resistance: 9
Dark: D Light: D Anima: C

Continued...
---
Follow fake me on Twitter: @Fakeshopeacc Check out my backloggery from like a year ago: http://backloggery.com/reddshope
#54ReddShope(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 11:12:51 AM
NEW SKILLS UNLOCKED!
Personify: Takes on some characteristics of the users of the type of magic currently equipped. Can be upgraded.
Current boosts:
Dark- Def +1 Light- Res +1 Anima: Spd +1

Summon: Summons a familiar based on the tome being used. Requires C rank in each tome type before any familiars may be summoned, and you must have the magical ability to control said familiars.
Current Familiars Available:
Hellhound- Fire, Thunderbird- Thunder, Cerberus- Elfire (Lacking Capacity)

Summoning Explained.
The Summoner has a "Summoning Capacity" which is found by this formula.
SC= [Floor(Magic/5) + Floor(Skill/10)] x Rank

For Rank, the values are as follows:
E-0, D-0, C-1, B-2, A-3, S-5

The Cost of each familiar is as follows:
E-1, D-3, C-5, B-7 A-10 S- 15

At this point, you may not summon more than two of the same familiar.
Also, the capacity is shared to an extent between the three magic types. The weapon with the highest rank determines your overall capacity, and it may not be exceeded by any combination of unit types. However, each individual type of magic may not exceed the limit of it's type. So, let's say we have a 25 capacity in anima and a 10 capacity in light. You may only summon 10 points worth of light units, which would then take up 10 points of anima as well, allowing only 15 points of anima units to be summoned, as the anima rank is your max capacity.

Any questions?
---
#55AlmostDougPosted 8/20/2014 11:51:47 AM
I get it.
Now to await a vote...
---
My friend introduced me to Mega Man when I didn't care about him at all... He saw there was something lacking in my life, and filled the void. ~ NEW-WAYS-2-DIE
#56BrianTheLegend_Posted 8/20/2014 7:19:08 PM
AlmostDoug posted...
I get it.
Now to await a vote...

---
"Where oppression is the queen and ignorance is the king, where revolution is dead..."
-Lupe Fiasco, Glory
#57ReddShope(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 7:42:07 PM
Next up was Grant's speed challenge.

"I'll test your stealth and speed. Ursula will summon Mirani to patrol the field between the two forts. You must make it from one fort to the next as quickly without being hit by one of them. You may use any means to get through, besides weapons. Bonus points for every Mirani you tap from behind, stunning them for 30 seconds"
"Sounds fine. Let's do this."
After careful contemplating, you decide to

A) Rush through, avoiding as many attacks as possible
B) Study their patterns, then carefully navigate the field
C) Move from sentry to sentry tapping as many as possible
D) Custom
---
#58AlmostDougPosted 8/20/2014 8:06:33 PM
BC. Gotta make up for the time lost studying.
---
My friend introduced me to Mega Man when I didn't care about him at all... He saw there was something lacking in my life, and filled the void. ~ NEW-WAYS-2-DIE
#59TestPilotVGCPosted 8/20/2014 8:12:34 PM
AlmostDoug posted...
BC. Gotta make up for the time lost studying.

---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.
#60ReddShope(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 7:50:40 PM
Need more votes
---