CYOA: The Conquest of Valm, Part V

#1Chrizzel28Posted 8/16/2014 1:07:33 AM(edited)
Charlotte:
A young recruit in Walhart's army. She's of noble blood, yet loyal to a cause that would negate this. While she isn't that strong naturally, she's improving quite quickly. She was raised in an environment where she had fairly little interaction with others, besides the maid that has been taking care of her since her youth. Has an easy time learning new things.

Her father died at a rather young age, leaving her alone with her mother and Anne. While her mother makes decisions that limit Charlotte's freedom, she does mean to do what's best for her. Anne has been her caretaker for as long as she can remember, if not longer. Because of the lack of interaction with others in her youth, she's more likely to approach others in order to avoid loneliness.

Class and skills:
-Commander
-Armsthrift
-Despoil

Looks:
Has light grey hair in a long, rather wild ponytail. Wears bright red light armour, very similar to that of the Trainee class in Sacred Stones. She has a gentle face, contrasting her wild ponytail in an interesting way.

Anne:
The caretaker and mentor of Charlotte. She is a rather calm woman with a lot of combat experience, which she is always willing to share with Charlotte. The least likely to fight with her allies.

Her experience comes from the fact that she served as a Mercenary in the army when she was very young, after which she got a lot of personal training from Charlotte's father while taking care of her.

Class and skills:
-Hero
-Armsthrift
-Patience
-Sol
-Axebreaker

Reclass options:
-Mercenary
-Knight
-Wyvern Rider

Looks:
Has long black hair and wears a maid outfit with multiple plates of armour over it, she almost permanently has a calm demeanour. The tallest person in the group.

Nana:
A young recruit in Walhart's army. She has many siblings, though she doesn't necessarily like them. She still feels rather lonely without them, but she doesn't like admitting that to avoid worrying her allies. Most likely to be found training.

She's also quite fond of animals, having an easy time working with them. This applies to both wyverns and horses, though she's better with horses. She's also fairly easily bored.

Class and skills:
-Cavalier
-Discipline
-Outdoor Fighter
-Underdog

Reclass options:
-Soldier
-Cavalier
-Myrmidon

Looks:
A brunette with hair that's slightly bellow shoulder height, wears the standard Cavalier outfit. Her face looks pretty disarming for someone that can take most people on with relative ease.

Mern:
A Mage that tends to keep to himself. He doesn't talk with the others often, preferring to stick to books of multiple kinds. The most likely to overanalyse things.

Class and skills:
-Dark Mage
-Magic +2
-Focus
-Hex
-Anathema

Looks:
Has light blue hair, though it's barely visible under his hat. Wears the standard Dark Mage clothing, but also the Mage hat.

Curtis:
A young lad that has a competitive edge. Has a good heart, but has trouble showing it most of the time, often reading books and sparring with allies instead. The biggest pervert. And the worst aim.

Class and skills:
-Warrior
-Despoil
-Gamble
-Rally Strength

Looks:
Has messy dark blonde hair, wears the standard Warrior clothing. The shortest person in the group.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people."
"If you have power, you use it." Tony Benn
#2Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 1:07:00 AM
James:
A young Mercenary that makes for quite a fighter, even if his habits and ways of thinking aren't exactly... Average. The least likely to feel guilty about anything.

Class and skills:
-Mercenary
-Armsthrift
-Patience

Looks:
Has relatively long, curly brown hair, kinda like a jewfro. Often has a dumb looking smile on his face.

Fiona:
A young Pegasus Knight that only recently became a mercenary. Her first mission was to test Charlotte, and join her after that. The least experienced.

Class and skills:
-Speed +2
-Relief

Looks:
A short gal with short, red hair and the standard Pegasus Knight outfit. Looks the most cheery.

Now to get on with writing an update...
---
#3Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 1:19:20 AM
You decide to keep it in mind for later, going back to your old home first. As you enter, Anne brings you to the backyard, where Curtis is seemingly ready to fight. You also see two people unfamiliar to you, both wearing fancy suits. Your mother briefly introduces you to them before the fight starts.

"Charlotte, meet Reginald and his butler Paul."

You take a close look at them, and you assume Reginald is the one with the small moustache, top hat and the monocle, which leaves Paul to be the one with the sleek, black hair. You're suddenly very glad that you can probably get away from the arranged marriage.

"I do say, it's quite a pleasure to meet you. I am Reginald, a genious of the highest caliber. At least, that's what my friends keep calling me. I remember when we were on our ship, the S.S. Friend-ship, and I-"

"Sir, what did I say about tangents?"

"Ah, my apologies. Now, let's get on with this fight!"

They both speak in strange, posh accents, but Reginald's voice is strangely high pitched, making him sound almost comical.

Reginald gets into position as well, a Silver Sword in hand.

Curtis rushes at him the moment he's ready, hitting him in the shoulder and, anticlimatically, ending the fight pretty much immediately. Your mother loses her composure a little and facepalms.

"Well, looks like I'll help planning your marriage... This was incredibly awkward."

Reginald leaves as quickly as he came, and you...

A. Hug your mother.

B. Hug Curtis.

C. Cheer.

D. Custom option?
---
#4AlmostDougPosted 8/16/2014 1:21:38 AM
D. All three. Group-hug mother****er.

Also, we will claim Reginald's attire as a trophy. Curtis will look quite dapper in a top hat. And Mern seems like a monocle kind of guy.
---
My friend introduced me to Mega Man when I didn't care about him at all... He saw there was something lacking in my life, and filled the void. ~ NEW-WAYS-2-DIE
#5unknownuberPosted 8/16/2014 3:52:00 AM(edited)
IDK how about this
AlmostDoug posted...

Also, we will claim Reginald's attire as a trophy. Curtis will look quite dapper in a top hat. And Mern seems like a monocle kind of guy.

I missed alot on the last one, so I'll start voting from now on when I can...
---
Hercules does what Nintendercules
#6Dragonball9899Posted 8/16/2014 4:28:12 AM
AlmostDoug posted...

---
Not changing this signature until Phoenix Wright is in Super Smash Bros. Started: 7/29/14
#7TestPilotVGCPosted 8/16/2014 4:42:24 AM
Dragonball9899 posted...
AlmostDoug posted...

---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.
#8TheKitchenRatPosted 8/16/2014 5:50:29 AM
TestPilotVGC posted...
Dragonball9899 posted...
AlmostDoug posted...

---
Friend Safari contains Meditite, Pancham, and Breloom. FC is 5455-9725-4939. Let me know if you add me.
#9ryugin55Posted 8/16/2014 6:30:35 AM
TheKitchenRat posted...
TestPilotVGC posted...
Dragonball9899 posted...
AlmostDoug posted...

But then we have to go and get the arranged marriage guy and his butler and add them to the conquest!
After gloating of course
---
So you turned autocorrect off?I also liek to libe dangoruslee.
So you turned autocorrect back on? I also like to lube vigorously.
#10Chrizzel28(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 6:34:28 AM
ryugin55 posted...
TheKitchenRat posted...
TestPilotVGC posted...
Dragonball9899 posted...
AlmostDoug posted...

But then we have to go and get the arranged marriage guy and his butler and add them to the conquest!
After gloating of course

They aren't recruitable.

Also, don't forget that if anyone gets the reference, (s)he gets a double vote.
---