CYOA: Outsiders 2

#1AlmostDougPosted 8/20/2014 7:17:59 PMmessage detail
My second topic... crazy. If only a Serious CYOA came back, I'd be golden.
Anyway, the summary and character bios can all be found here: http://imgur.com/a/tocHW#0 if you need that.
The vote'll stay open a while longer. The votes were tallied at:

1 for Natalia X Orlone and Darius X Jackson X Rache

3 for Darius X Rache and Natalia X Jackson X Orlone

1 for Darius X Rache and Jackson X Natalia X Orlone

Nobody's voted for what quadrants to send each group to, and you all seem insistent on having your only two healers in the same group and sending Annette out to gather information all alone.
But that's none of my business.

Let's get rolling people!
---
My friend introduced me to Mega Man when I didn't care about him at all... He saw there was something lacking in my life, and filled the void. ~ NEW-WAYS-2-DIE
#2unknownuberPosted 8/20/2014 7:19:03 PMmessage detail
I intend to actually follow this one because I missed a ton...
---
Hercules does what Nintendercules
#3ryugin55Posted 8/20/2014 8:17:54 PMmessage detail
AlmostDoug posted...
My second topic... crazy. If only a Serious CYOA came back, I'd be golden.
Anyway, the summary and character bios can all be found here: http://imgur.com/a/tocHW#0 if you need that.
The vote'll stay open a while longer. The votes were tallied at:

1 for Natalia X Orlone and Darius X Jackson X Rache

3 for Darius X Rache and Natalia X Jackson X Orlone

1 for Darius X Rache and Jackson X Natalia X Orlone

Nobody's voted for what quadrants to send each group to, and you all seem insistent on having your only two healers in the same group and sending Annette out to gather information all alone.
But that's none of my business.

Let's get rolling people!

You want me to take that back over or you mean you want the new writer to get of their lazy butt and update? Cause I'm not a part of that story anymore and I think the new guy is doing a whole lot better a job then I did with it (though he is taking the story in a completely different direction then I had planned for, but despite my personal bias against that, it's coo). So *shrug*
---
Head of the Gfaqs FE pairing committee.
Apparent Father-in-Law of Chrizzel28
#4AlmostDoug(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 11:05:54 PMmessage detail
unknownuber posted...
I intend to actually follow this one because I missed a ton...

I hope you read what you missed. It's the little details that make the picture exquisite.
ryugin55 posted...
You want me to take that back over or you mean you want the new writer to get of their lazy butt and update? Cause I'm not a part of that story anymore and I think the new guy is doing a whole lot better a job then I did with it (though he is taking the story in a completely different direction then I had planned for, but despite my personal bias against that, it's coo). So *shrug*

Yes. Because of the bolded. I want both.
ryugin55 posted...
you want the new writer to get off?

And yes.
---
My friend introduced me to Mega Man when I didn't care about him at all... He saw there was something lacking in my life, and filled the void. ~ NEW-WAYS-2-DIE
#5AlmostDoug(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 3:41:38 AMmessage detail
So I guess we're sticking with these groups? Oh dear...
Also, I RNG'd for the quadrants. Have a look.
_____
You decide to pair up with Jackson and Orlone to go to the northwest part of the city, and send Darius and Rache to the northeast. “The guard barracks are in the north, so that should get us a lot of quick attention. Both groups should find a hideout to fall back to before we get the guards riled up. Let’s start by just attacking some guards when we’re ready.”

Jackson raises his hand, and waits for you to call on him before speaking up. “Won’t the guards attack you and homeboy on sight though?”

“Yeah, I guess…”

“It’’ll be alright. I can just put my hair up in a ponytail and take off my over-shirt to make it hard for them. Dunno about you though.”

Rache interjects with “It won’t be a problem for her. It’s been less than a half hour since the guards first encountered her. The guards she attacked may not be conscious yet, and even so, they’re unlikely to remember her more than they do me. If you are confronted, so be it. But it’s unlikely.”

“Thanks, Rache. Let’s go guys.” At your command, the two groups begin walking back towards the town, in slightly different directions. Once you actually start passing by buildings, you notice how there aren’t many guards around the borders, like there were when you entered. Could they really all be looking for Darius?

You don’t get much time to ponder it, as Orlone begins pointing out escape routes. He seems a bit experienced at this sort of thing. Jackson refuses to listen, even after returning from tying his horse up at an inn. His exact words were “Ah, I can just follow you dudes. Probably. Sure. Shooooouuuuwah.” You and Orlone manage to take note of the location of the barracks, and two inns where you can hide. Turning back, you head towards the barracks and walk right towards a squad of eight soldiers.

You’re careful to not draw your weapons until you’re within reach, and you and Orlone successfully cut down two of them right off the bat. Jackson missed, but knocked another of them back into two more of them. He was also knocked to the ground himself, but Orlone swiftly helped him up and began running. You followed, and the chase began.

After a couple minutes of hit-and-run with this group and another that had joined them, you are growing tired, though Orlone and Jackson are fine, ignoring Jackson’s minor injuries. Looking ahead, you see another three-man group approaching. Your eyes grow wide as you see the blue armband the leader wears, and you and Orlone nod at each other. Jackson falls back to keep the two following you at bay, and you draconize to deal with this threat. The sergeant comes at you with a silver lance, and you leap over him to shoot fire at his subordinates. They both fall down, and you prod at their legs as you hear Orlone clashing with the sergeant. Looking back, you watch as he rapidly swings at the guard, pushing him further off balance, until he finally slams the axe down with enough force to shatter the lance, and subsequently the man’s chest plate. He finishes the man execution-style before Jackson comes running over with his left arm noticeably injured. Looking past him you can see that he bested his opponents, but you can’t help being concerned.

“Can you still fight?”

“Sure, man.”
---
#6AlmostDoug(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 3:41:42 AMmessage detail
With that, the three of you run. You take a small amount of time to hide in an alley and bandage your wounds, but soon move on to raise hell again. Townsfolk are starting to clear out of the streets, and you’re encountering guards in larger patrols. The cycle repeats itself a couple more times, with you resting after killing a sergeant, but your wounds are growing deeper, and the night is growing closer. You all rest on the roof of an inn, and an important question enters your mind. “Crap! How are we supposed to find the others?”

Jackson simply looks at you absent-mindedly, while Orlone gives off an actual response. “I don’t know. We Taguel have excellent hearing, but this is a city full of conversations.”

“Dammit. And I don’t know how long we could keep fighting. Jackson’s arm is getting pretty bad, and my ribs still ache from that kick.”

“Man, if only Darius and Rache would come when I rang the bell.”

You stare at Jackson for a second before you ask, bewildered, “You have a bell? One of Annette’s bells?”

“Yez, why?” You smack him before taking the bell, and you ring it a couple of times.

“What is that bell?”

“It’s one of Annette’s. Darius has one, though I don’t know if they’ll respond to it. Have you heard it before?”

“No. Which means Darius and Rache haven’t rang their bell.”

“Exactly, though that worries me. Where’d you get this, Jackson?”

“I found it when I took that bullion. Seemed fun.”

“Idiot. Oh well. We’re supposed to ring it every other minute, so I guess we’ll just wait for one of the others to show up.” You lay back, and after a minute, Jackson approaches Orlone.

“Hey, man. I-“

“Stay back. You disgust me.”

Looking down at himself, Jackson asks “What? Something on my cloak?”

“Your character disgusts me, not your attire. You seem scarcely better than the fiends I hunted.”

“Wha, you mean bandits? Pssh, I used to hunt them too. I used to be a Plegian knight, see?” He points at his crest with a lazy hand. “Got dat code of chivalry and all that too. I pay back what I owe and stuff. That’s why I’m traveling with these girls.”

“And yet you still debase yourself, and give in to debauchery. You strike me as worse than the average bystander.”

“Maybe so,” he says with a shrug, “But at least I’m not some cocky arse who parades himself around, killing anybody who seems immoral. I bet half the time you’re attacking innocents like you did us. Check yerself, man.” Jackson shrugs and walks away, while Orlone looks stunned.

After another minute, Jackson wanders over to you, saying “Suuuuuup?”

“Uh, how’re you?”

“Fine, I guess. Y’know, you’re actually pretty cool. Y’know that?”

“I-I guess? I’m not really all that special…”

“Oh really? Then why are you letting an addict like me travel around with you? You and your little king-favored arse. I’ll tell you why. You’re cool. Universally cool. Cool with cats like me, and posh mothaf***as like the king.”

Giggling, you reply “He’s not really posh. He’s eccentric. Didn’t you get to know him a little? He seemed like he was very personal with his troops.”

“Nah, he can only be in so many places at once. The guards in the capital city see a lot of him, but the other towns are mostly run by whatever commander is there.”

“You didn’t work in the capital?”

“Nope, I just moved there after I got addicted to opium. I’m from one of the border towns. Met a traveling Anna there, and she sold one of the guys some dope. I was the only one who got hooked though. I tried following her, but they move hella quick. I figured I could find an Anna real easy in the capital, and so I did. True story.”

“Huh… Do all Annas sell that… stuff?”
---
#7AlmostDoug(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 3:52:37 AMmessage detail(edited)
“Nopium. Most have their little quirks, like how one might be more of a mercenary, while another might have a thing for cooking. Took a few tries to find one. It’s a lot easier when you ask them which of their sisters can help.”

“I’ll try to remember that if I come across an Anna sister. Thanks for the compliment, by the way. You’re a lot easier to believe than I would’ve thought.”

“Thanks. Wait… Yeah, thanks.”

Just then, Orlone stands up, fully alert and looking towards one of the edges of the roof. You and Jackson look as well, and after a few seconds you see Annette crawling up. She greets all of you with a tired smile. Unusual. “Heya. I found our man…” Suddenly, she falls forward, clutching her side. Orlone catches her with ease, but quickly calls you over.

“This gash, it looks bad.” He lays her down face-up, and you can see where there’s a large slice in her left side. She seems to be losing consciousness, and her shirt is soaked in her blood.

A single word manages to escape her lips. “Bastards…”

“Dammit dammit dammit! Where’re Darius and Rache, man?! We need them, like, now!”

Orlone perks his ears up and says “I hear a bell. Just like ours. To the south-east. I’d say… at least seven blocks away. What do we do? They’re pretty far, and it could take a while to get them back here. But it would also be risky to move her.”
“We could try neutralizing the guard by taking out the barracks,” Jackson says. “They’ll focus on cleaning up the mess, and we’ll definitely be able to find some elixirs while we’re there.”

“Do we have the manpower though? Are we in good enough condition?”

You decide to…

A) Send someone to get Darius and Rache. Time is of the essence.

B) Take everyone to Darius and Rache. Safety in numbers.

C) Leave Annette here and go take the barracks. Should be easier than usual, considering you’ve crippled a good portion of the guard, and they’re probably not looking for you at their barracks.

D) Some sort of panicked write-in option. Holy **** Annette’s in trouble and we’re not doing good ourselves!
_____
So, Aran, are you fearing for your waifu? Cause with these choices you guys have been making, you should be. LOL.
Seriously though, the RNG's to blame, though you guys could've lessened the risk.
---
#8Chrizzel28Posted 8/21/2014 3:56:40 AMmessage detail
D: A, Orlone + Trying to find an Anna with suitable medicine ourselves.
---
"If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people."
"If you have power, you use it." Tony Benn
#9unknownuberPosted 8/21/2014 4:52:15 AMmessage detail
Chrizzel28 posted...

---
Hercules does what Nintendercules
#10TestPilotVGCPosted 8/21/2014 6:52:46 AMmessage detail
unknownuber posted...
Chrizzel28 posted...

---
FC: 1075-1879-3031 (Magmar, Pyroroar, Braxien) IGN: Ryan
If you add my FC, PM me so I can add you back.