So... [spoilers between Ch11 and 12]

#1FefnirOmega13Posted 8/24/2014 4:47:43 PM
What are the remaining non-Shepherd members doing during this two year or so downtime? I mean, I know that a good half of the cast up until that point are Shepherds, but what about characters like Lon'qu, Gaius, Panne, Nowi, Tharja, non-Chrom wed Olivia and the like? I assume some of them -might- want to join the Shepherds; Tharja to stalk MU better, Nowi has nowhere else to go; Other potential wife/husbandry (unlikely for a few unless you've ground for it); but I'd assume that some members wouldn't want to join the Shepherds and are at the end of the war technically no longer a part of Ylisse's army, yet at the end of Ch11 there they are all ready and waiting to march to Ferox.

Just a curious thought I had is all. Doesn't need much deliberation.
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!
#2Dathedr-vodhrPosted 8/24/2014 4:51:29 PM
Since when do games offer completely logical storylines and gameplay?
---
The Proud Royal Head Chef and Acting Head of Her Most Benevolence, Valerie and her Valerian Guard
#3KingOfAllCondosPosted 8/24/2014 6:11:21 PM
Dathedr-vodhr posted...
Since when do games offer completely logical storylines and gameplay?

---
http://cheezburger.com/8273764096
3ds FC: 2938-6029-1524 Pokemon X IGN: Eric TSV: 0204
#4MalcolmMasherPosted 8/24/2014 7:11:42 PM(edited)
Chrom, Avatar, Lissa, Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Vaike, Miriel, Sumia, Kellam, Ricken, Maribelle: Shepherds.
Donnel, Cordelia, Libra: Either they became Shepherds over the interim, or Chrom recruited them for the campaign against Valm.
Virion: Opposed Walhart before Chrom had heard of the man.
Lon'qu, Olivia: They work for Basilio.

Those are entirely straightforward. I'm counting Gaius, Panne, Gregor, Nowi, Tharja, and Anna as left overs. I want to say that there's nothing left in Plegia for Tharja, but I believe she has family there, so that isn't true... yeah, she's probably just following the Shepherds around in order to stalk the Avatar. Nowi's likely living in Castle Ylisse, and I can believe that Panne would hear about Chrom going off to war and offer her assistance.

That leaves Gaius, Gregor, and Anna. Gaius and Gregor were hired for the campaign against Plegia, but Valm is a different war. Most likely, they like Chrom (and his money) enough that he could hire them again. Anna, however, was helping you because you helped her. I guess she just caught the scent of foreign markets and couldn't bear to stay behind.
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
#5Misha-HeartPosted 8/24/2014 7:38:51 PM
Time-skip only existed to foreshadow the future plot-line a little. For all anyone can care about, they just sat around and did nothing for two years.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Sakura Trick has brought forth hope and will revolutionize the world.
#6qp0al0zm000Posted 8/24/2014 7:44:05 PM
Well, there still Risen running around the countries, so having Chrom schedule various small campaigns to fight them between the wars isn't to far fetched. It also keeps most of the group together.
#7SpellcraftQuillPosted 8/24/2014 8:43:49 PM
Good point though I myself wonder about Henry and the second gen sans Lucina. Why didn't she gather them. Wouldn't Cynthia and potentially the others hear about Chrom defeating Gangrel? Inigo was probably busy trying to get laid, Yarne, Noire, and Brady are running their hides off, Kjelle is probably training, and Gerome doesn't give a you-know-what. At least Owain should know where to go if he wasn't LARPing. I think it'd be awesome if Lucina found her fellow refugees from the future to assist Chrom at the end of Chapter 13 and them reveal who they are.
---
Burroughs: Scanning...Excuses, unjustified resentment, self-justification, a rash desire to negate oneself...I don't see any good reason to join their cause.
#8Czar_YoshiPosted 8/24/2014 9:05:51 PM
Some of them probably haven't arrived yet (especially Morgan, and probably Nah).
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
See how my mustache moves in the wind!