about the price for DLC

#1Kyoshiro12345Posted 5/17/2012 11:20:18 AM
I am starting to read in different forums including this about the DLC should be free if is released on day1, well look at it this way: you go to McDonalds and ask for a cheeseburger, and ask for lettuce and tomatoes, they serve it to you as they sell it, not 20 mins later, and they charge you 25-50 cents more, are they ripping you off by charging for the extra since it came with the sandwish? just a thing to think about.
#2scigeek101Posted 5/17/2012 11:26:12 AM
If you pay 3 dollars for the tomatoes and they give you half of a slice one would feel ripped off.

That's how the majority of the DLC seems to me, not enough content to warrant the price.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#3Kyoshiro12345(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2012 11:33:35 AM
havent seen anything for more than 400 yen, and can grind for easy xp on all the maps besides character, items etc
#4scigeek101Posted 5/17/2012 11:49:58 AM
400 yen is what, 5 dollars?

5 dollars for one map seems pretty steep to me. I might buy 1 or 2 of the DLC if it looks fun, but right now it doesn't really look like any of it is worth the $5 for me.

This opinion might change after I actually get a chance to play the game, seeing as I don't feel like paying 250 dollars for an import 3ds. But judging merely from information online I think the main game will be enough for me and the DLC kinda looks half assed in my opinion.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#5TheOthinPosted 5/17/2012 12:20:25 PM
It's been worth it for me so far, but I can't speak for anyone else.
#6SekusenPosted 5/17/2012 3:29:24 PM
I'll probably have the money for all the DLC at this price, anyway.

However, there's a couple possibilities. One is that NoA and NoE might change the prices a bit. The other is that, once certain lines of DLC are fully released, they might have "packages", where you get that whole line for a sale price, sorta. Like a 2 for 1.
---
Even so I will... I will believe! I will believe in the me, that believes in us, humans and the future! The drill is my soul!
#7TheOthinPosted 5/17/2012 3:33:18 PM
The DLC maps seem to be in three parts. The three Spirit Talisman maps have all been out for a few weeks, but no word on a bundle purchase. So it doesn't seem like the Japanese version is going that way, at least.

Of course, the Spirit Talisman maps also require you to buy one to get the next anyway, so you have to buy all three to get the last. The other map sets don't seem to do that: they have a more vague order with two corresponding maps and then a third final one, with no apparent restrictions on when you buy what. So that might make sense as a time for them to do it.

At least, they didn't announce Serlis's map requiring the other two KvK maps, which is how I'd expect them to do it, and I think they announced the Spirit Talisman maps requiring the others when they were first mentioned on the site.
#8SekusenPosted 5/17/2012 3:38:52 PM(edited)
But are we sure all the Spirit Talisman maps are out already? That's kind of important to the hope!theory.

Edit: I just looked, and the description about the DLC on serenes says "20 heroes have been summoned". So should one expect 20 Spirit Talisman maps eventually? Or is that the cumulative number of enemy units in all the maps?

Edit 2: Oh, I guess Micaiah's *is* the third. Well, there's still time for them to come out with package deals.
---
Even so I will... I will believe! I will believe in the me, that believes in us, humans and the future! The drill is my soul!
#9TheOthinPosted 5/17/2012 3:43:15 PM(edited)
The reward is the All Stats +2 Book, referred to as the area's "ultimate treasure". Meanwhile, if you look at the pattern, you fight the female reps from each game, then the males, then both in the third. Looking at KvK, you fight the Jugdral team, then the Archanea team, then both together to get the Paragon Book. So the pattern seems to be one side, the other side, both plus skill scroll. So it fits, and it pretty much exhausts the set's options anyway.

As for the 20: as you noticed, that's the number of characters in the Spirit Talisman maps, one male and one female representative per game. I suspect that may be the full set of characters available as DLC. Although these sets of 3 might make that a challenge.
#10SekusenPosted 5/17/2012 3:57:22 PM
Well, I don't think all the DLC sets need to come in 3, for sure. Well, I still am gonna wait and see if it comes out in NA, and maybe more info will be out by then, if it does.
---