The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Kotaku needs a chill pill!

#1Chenmaster2Posted 12/18/2012 11:18:33 AM
http://kotaku.com/5969398/hey-square-enix-where-the-hell-is-bravely-default
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#2Doom_InfinitePosted 12/18/2012 11:21:30 AM
People should stop reading Kotaku.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#3GreenhowsePosted 12/18/2012 12:55:10 PM
While I don't think especially highly of Kotaku, I'm in support of antagonism that puts Square-Enix's inclination to not localize Bravely Default in a negative light.

So I don't have much a problem with this.
---
Proud recipient of the 2nd Gary Player Award!
Posting from a glasshouse in the sky. Will Megaman for 8.95
#4Other_SelfPosted 12/18/2012 1:42:34 PM
Doom_Infinite posted...
People should stop reading Kotaku.

this
although i can agree with them this one time
---
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
#5VampiricDragon_Posted 12/18/2012 5:22:37 PM
kotaku slants like crazy
#6ItsukanPosted 12/18/2012 6:03:00 PM
It's only been two months and even Nintendo doesn't announce or hints at a localization so soon.

Now if it's been close to a year, then complain otherwise enjoy sipping on the spoon that Squarenix feeds you and enjoy the next Final Fantasy XIII game lmao.
#7Kumori_no_YoruPosted 12/18/2012 6:54:25 PM
While I don't think especially highly of Kotaku, I'm in support of antagonism that puts Square-Enix's inclination to not localize Bravely Default in a negative light.

So I don't have much a problem with this.

Pretty much this. The game certainly does deserve a localization, albeit Square seems more interested in tossing out another FFXIII.

That, and I noticed they tend not to be as quick with localizing their handheld titles compared to their console releases -- I probably wouldn't expect them to release a localized version of BD for quite awhile, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
---
PSN: Neophoton (I pop up whenever, so I'll add you back whenever I do get on)
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
#8Lacrymosa143Posted 12/19/2012 5:51:15 AM
You know they already said that the main problem is translating the game while not compromizing the experience.
#9Emmy19Posted 12/19/2012 1:11:34 PM
Wow, Kotaku. I badly want this game as well and am annoyed that FF Type-0 didn't come out overseas but, isn't this a tad ridiculous? Correct me if I'm wrong someone (my memory isn't perfect), but I'm pretty sure that Tales of Xillia wasn't confirmed for a Western release until after the sequel was announced either.

Wait a year or so for an announcement. Then would be the time to get upset.

Hopefully, the petitions, that Bravely Default Facebook group and things like Operation Brave might catch Square Enix's attention.
#10GreenhowsePosted 12/19/2012 9:36:17 PM
Emmy19 posted...
Wow, Kotaku. I badly want this game as well and am annoyed that FF Type-0 didn't come out overseas but, isn't this a tad ridiculous? Correct me if I'm wrong someone (my memory isn't perfect), but I'm pretty sure that Tales of Xillia wasn't confirmed for a Western release until after the sequel was announced either.

Wait a year or so for an announcement. Then would be the time to get upset.

Hopefully, the petitions, that Bravely Default Facebook group and things like Operation Brave might catch Square Enix's attention.

As far as Tales of Xillia's localization, I'm more of the opinion that it was coincidental how it more or less came soon after Xillia 2's announcement, but it being a coincidence is just an opinion, I'll admit. I think that Xillia's localization had more to do with Graces F; I had heard that Graces wasn't by any means a stellar sell, but managed to do well enough that Bamco was willing to give the next entry a localization. That, and Abyss 3DS apparently sold pretty decently on 3DS, so the localization arm of Bamco have some "confidence" in the Tales franchise now.

If it were the case that in fact NA/EU localizations are now following Japanese sequels because of something like "testing" or "risk aversion," that would be an absurd pattern for the future of JRPGs. Also, a year is way too long. Yakuza fans waited a little under half a year for announcement of Yakuza 4 localization, if I recall. Understand that this is not meant to be hostile to you, though.
---
Proud recipient of the 2nd Gary Player Award!
Posting from a glasshouse in the sky. Will Megaman for 8.95