Kotaku needs a chill pill!

#31MagiusNecrosPosted 12/30/2012 8:48:04 AM
Free DLC is the only good kind. Heroes of Ruin was an outsourced game.
---
Support Operation Suzaku: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#32Kumori_no_YoruPosted 12/30/2012 9:01:12 AM
Free DLC is the only good kind. Heroes of Ruin was an outsourced game.

Agreed. If it has to be DLC that costs, make it content that doesn't affect the overall game -- like costumes and the sort. Having to pony up for that true ending in XIII-2 is what discouraged me from trying the game out.

Ah, I thought they were perhaps overlooking development to the game or something along those lines. I'd just hope they have more confidence in their own games rather than becoming the new Namco Bandai.
---
PSN: Neophoton (I pop up whenever, so I'll add you back whenever I do get on)
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
#33Emmy19Posted 12/30/2012 9:19:34 AM
I don't mind some DLC but I'm really not interested in the MMORPG games or things like that. I don't mind Square Enix releasing stuff like that although it would be nice if they released more of their handheld stuff over here as well. I loved their FF IV-VI Advanced Remakes and was really happy to get Chrono Trigger for the first time as well!

And I enjoyed games like Dissidia. Then again, I'm more of a handheld person than a mainstream console person.
#34MagiusNecrosPosted 12/30/2012 11:42:44 AM
Doesn't help that some of their IP's were one trick ponies and that some of them were outright abandoned.
---
Support Operation Suzaku: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/
#35ShinGundamPosted 12/30/2012 6:01:15 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
Doesn't help that some of their IP's were one trick ponies and that some of them were outright abandoned.

Hmm, what do you mean by one trick pony and which game are you talking about?
#36MagiusNecrosPosted 12/30/2012 6:23:56 PM
ShinGundam posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

I would have liked another "The Bouncer" game.
---
#37ShinGundamPosted 12/30/2012 7:05:49 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
ShinGundam posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

I would have liked another "The Bouncer" game.

I know that feel :( .I am all for more JP games where i punch things or martial arts as long as it isn't moe or fanservice-ish.
#38ArylliesPosted 12/31/2012 3:39:23 AM
Hello again folks.

Alright so about the "All the bravest" project and the fact that they've registered two or three domain names at the end of November/start of December.

First of all, it is common practice for many companies to register domain names for games, even if their localisation hasn't been decided yet. The department in charge of registering domains/ paying off web squatters/ maintenance of the above-mentioned websites has the go ahead to do so as soon as they have a project name.

It is unfortunately not synonymous with an imminent announcement. I do not nor pretend to know what this "All the bravest" project is about, only that Bravely Default wasn't discussed for localisation during the mid-December meeting.

It may be that it's possible that they've decided on an hypothetical product name for when/if the product is considered for localisation. It's all it takes for the department to start registering domain names. To cover your back so to speak.

About "one-shot" games that I'd like to see again, Einhander, Vagrant Story (If only Matsuno Yasumi could come back...) Live a Live and an old favourite, Rudora no hinou.

I'll end this message by saying that unfortunately, apart from the ultimate blockbusters like the numbered Final Fantasy games, NO (and I mean it) game is ever considered for a localisation from the start/ producing stages.

And that means a lot when you're trying to understand what's going on with those Japanese companies. If they did, they would be able to streamline their production/localisation processes a lot more. A valid example is the use of comics style bubbles for dialogues which cannot be resized post production. A real plague for any serious localisation team.

I hope for all the non-japanese speakers that they will one day change their minds, but from all the meetings I've attended, I fear it won't be happening anytime soon.
#39ArylliesPosted 1/15/2013 1:12:00 PM
There we go, another useless game is upon us.

Don't like to say it but... told you so. If I have any serious info about this nonsense game, I will let you guys know.
#40Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/15/2013 1:15:34 PM
There we go, another useless game is upon us.

Don't like to say it but... told you so. If I have any serious info about this nonsense game, I will let you guys know.

Don't think anyone is gonna give a crap about FF:AtB, to be honest.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy