The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Square Enix's response to IGN's request to bring BDFF to the West for the 3DS.

#1Chenmaster2Posted 1/21/2013 9:22:58 PM
https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/293445955179655168
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#2Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/21/2013 9:32:02 PM
Just retweeted that a few minutes ago. Finishing the game a hour or two ago has me at my peak for wanting to have others enjoy the game. Also because it sucks not being able to discuss spoiler-related stuff with my friends who are interested in the game.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
#3ArylliesPosted 1/21/2013 11:19:02 PM
As i told you guys before, the next meeting concerning hypothetical localisations will be mid-February.

Even if they wanted to announce something they couldn't. That's how a japanese company works. It's how stupid it has become, will let you guys know if it shows up during the meeting or not...

I hope it does for your guys' sake, it is a nice game, albeit not as great as some people may make it sound, I enjoyed Sekaiju no Meikyuu much more.
#4ArylliesPosted 1/21/2013 11:58:27 PM
Sorry for double post but you have to admit, chapter 5 and 6 are kind of cheap.
I was seriously annoyed by the cliche.
#5pikachupwnagePosted 1/22/2013 5:42:31 AM
Aryllies posted...
As i told you guys before, the next meeting concerning hypothetical localisations will be mid-February.

Even if they wanted to announce something they couldn't. That's how a japanese company works. It's how stupid it has become, will let you guys know if it shows up during the meeting or not...

I hope it does for your guys' sake, it is a nice game, albeit not as great as some people may make it sound, I enjoyed Sekaiju no Meikyuu much more.

Link?

I am betting this will arrive in the summer.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#6Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/22/2013 9:15:43 AM(edited)
Aryllies posted...

Link?

I am betting this will arrive in the summer.

He's been proven to be legit before. Check out the thread concerning Kotaku.

I personally couldn't get into Etrian Odyssey, but it had some cute art and... that was about all that was going for it in my book. I could see the appeal it has, but it wound up not striking my fancy much. But we'd be arguing preferences and opinions, so it's moot.
---
#7DogscratchPosted 1/22/2013 11:21:10 AM
@Aryllies

Thanks for the heads up - so are localization announcements done quarterly or semi annually?

Guess my random typing of "'Bravely Default' News" into Google every day can back off for a bit =P

Granted, am sure the forums here, or 3ds general will explode once anything slips about localization.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#8Rai_JinPosted 1/22/2013 11:46:56 AM
Aryllies posted...

If that is true, it should be the same for, say, Terry's Wonderland, right? Not sure if I'm happy about this or not...
#9Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/22/2013 11:54:58 AM
@Aryllies

Thanks for the heads up - so are localization announcements done quarterly or semi annually?

Guess my random typing of "'Bravely Default' News" into Google every day can back off for a bit =P

Granted, am sure the forums here, or 3ds general will explode once anything slips about localization.

I'll go into fangirl modo when it happens. D-Don't laugh! I can be extremely passionate about my hobbies and I'm likely going to go into localizing so it's relevant to me anyway.

Otherwise, I'm sure there'll be plenty of sites reporting the news once it spreads and the inevitable flow of announcement threads here will come with it.

Call me ignorant, but hasn't Nintendo been opting to manage DQ games for Square in terms of localization recently? Or was that just DQIX? I confess I'm actually not into DQ (never struck my fancy) so I'm not informed on such matters.
---
#10ArylliesPosted 1/22/2013 12:31:11 PM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
@Aryllies

It's done roughly every two months, except for AAA title which get their dedicated meetingS (emphasis on the S, as the number is ridiculous. It's like they have no initiative, they want everyone to agree with everyone, regardless if it means pressuring more junior (and talented) coworkers into smiling meekly or actually agreeing.
The reason why it's not done quarterly is that they sometimes are gently asked by publishing companies (read: with shiny bills) to "think about it one more time"... Hence the strange yearly schedule.

I can't say i'm a big fan of the system.

I'll go into fangirl modo when it happens. D-Don't laugh! I can be extremely passionate about my hobbies and I'm likely going to go into localizing so it's relevant to me anyway.

Otherwise, I'm sure there'll be plenty of sites reporting the news once it spreads and the inevitable flow of announcement threads here will come with it.

Call me ignorant, but hasn't Nintendo been opting to manage DQ games for Square in terms of localization recently? Or was that just DQIX? I confess I'm actually not into DQ (never struck my fancy) so I'm not informed on such matters.

So far it's only been the case with DQ9 to my knowledge, with Nintendo taking care of the publishing for NA and EU. The reason for that was mainly because of the platform, vested interest for Nintendo and fear of failure.

The last one is the strongest one... They just believed it would be better to let the "experienced" Nintendo publish an AAA title for the NDS rather than possibly mess it up.
That says a lot about the company doesn't it? ;p

REgarding Etrian Odyssey, they appeal is this feeling of stress, fear and panic, when your fingers start sweating when you've invested 3 hours into a maze trip and that you're not sure if you'll make it out alive or not. I am always looking for this feeling that I've lost, the one that made me jump when I was a kid after defeating some boss or another. ;)