Square Enix's response to IGN's request to bring BDFF to the West for the 3DS.

#11DogscratchPosted 1/22/2013 6:13:19 PM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
Just retweeted that a few minutes ago. Finishing the game a hour or two ago has me at my peak for wanting to have others enjoy the game. Also because it sucks not being able to discuss spoiler-related stuff with my friends who are interested in the game.

Fully agree with you being able to discuss critical game events with friends - granted most of mine have fled. Still have not read too much into the plot of this game, reading your adventures in post game stuff has intrigued me.

Will continue to pimp it hardcore after localization announcement too :-)
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#12MagiusNecrosPosted 1/22/2013 6:36:39 PM
Nintendo pushed Square to do some surveying information with DQ7 3DS.

More or less on Iwata's part if I recall correctly.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#13Chenmaster2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:16:32 PM
In Japan right?
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#14Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/23/2013 6:17:37 AM
Aryillies, any chance that meeting could have some relevance to this:

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/info/open_conference_for_students.html

...In terms of date? Or is it just simply for students with an interest in game development as the description says and the localization meeting is set for a completely different day?
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
#15ArylliesPosted 1/23/2013 7:04:58 AM
So quick answer: No.

This meeting was actually wished by Hashimoto-san. ( The guy who's behind the new "Luminous Engine" the one used in the Agni's tech demo )
He is an engineer and tech-guru at heart and it coincides with many Japanese students currently job-hunting.

Many companies are currently holding interviews and while SE isn't per se, they like to put themselves on the map for talented designers/ people interested in graphic technology.

Just to create interest and get some free PR. No real link with any wish to really expand overseas or any hypothetical localisation unfortunately...

But hey, I'll go there and it should be interesting I think. The new engine IS incredible from a technical point of view. Like everything, it's useless to have rocket-grade fuel if you'll put it in your 1950's Ford...

Hope they build a good cat next time.

Ps: FFXIII-3 is SERIOUSLY starting to be exciting. The more concept art and tech/GP demos I see, the more I am impressed and god knows how much I disliked FFXIII-2.
#16squarepoxPosted 1/23/2013 4:04:54 PM
I dont know much of whats 'truly' going on with SE and the games they choose to localize---nor really have time to inquire, But since folks around here really seem to be in the loop...

**Can someone throw out some numbers for the chances of SE localizing

1. Bravely Default
2. Dragon Quest VII

100%? 50%? ...... Also why are they sooo set on spending resources on FFXIII?

(FF 13 might be the pinnacle of the series for some, but I lost all faith in the company over that game, and barely preserved my masculinity after playing it. And while I'm at it.... can I suggest that SE neglects putting any more Jpop songs in their multimillion dollar FF games? Surely there are others like me who love the japanese and Nobou Uematsu (enchanting wordless symphonies work fine), but hate J-pop, and dont care about CG....)
---
Modern Country Music makes more sense when high on Nitros Oxide.
#17Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/23/2013 4:30:12 PM
Aryllies already commented on BDFF's status on the first page -- Likely any potential announcement will be within the next 2 - 3 weeks. Bonus points that Iwata said there'll be a Nintendo Direct for 3DS pretty soon after the Wii U stream ended this morning.

FFXIII was average at best for me, never played XIII-2 though. Square Enix is definitely still capable of making good games, proof being Type-0 and BDFF so I wouldn't say they're a lost cause. They just make really bad decisions and wound up getting an egg on their face in the long run.

Wrinkled my nose "masculinity," though. It's understandable to dislike a game, but what would one's masculinity/femininity have to do with playing games? Just stick to what you enjoy is the most I can say.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
#18RazLordPosted 1/23/2013 4:38:00 PM
If you're worried about your masculinity, you may want to avoid Bravely Default then. It was made with the intent of appealing to 20+ year old women so yeah, your precious masculinity is in danger. :V
#19DogscratchPosted 1/23/2013 5:39:54 PM
1. Bravely Default - bit more unsure, a lot of voice acting and some hinting of a particular town early on that would need to be tweaked. Can't even really toss a number out on this one. No feel from square enix on it, fan demand is there tho. More so than DQ 7.

2. Dragon Quest VII - if past trends are any indication, 100% all of the numbered remakes have ended up on this side of the ocean, despite a lot of script it should be a straight forward localization.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#20holyknight14Posted 1/23/2013 6:51:02 PM
squarepox posted...
...... Also why are they sooo set on spending resources on FFXIII?

(FF 13 might be the pinnacle of the series for some, but I lost all faith in the company over that game, and barely preserved my masculinity after playing it. And while I'm at it.... can I suggest that SE neglects putting any more Jpop songs in their multimillion dollar FF games? Surely there are others like me who love the japanese and Nobou Uematsu (enchanting wordless symphonies work fine), but hate J-pop, and dont care about CG....)

FFXIII is hardly the pinnacle of the series. If you want to go by pure sales figures, then that title goes to FFVII without any contest. SE suffered a HUGE financial hit when FFXIV bombed hardcore. Making sequels based off of an already created mothership FF title is FAR easier than creating a fresh entry, especially given the current level of graphics being employed. Thus, the numerous sequels is simply SE's way of grabbing the most cast for the least investment.

This is the way it's going to be until FFXIV stops being a colossal money sink and starts generating actual revenue.
More topics from this board...
The AdventurerRingabelDim29/12 5:08PM