Square Enix's response to IGN's request to bring BDFF to the West for the 3DS.

#41JRPGPosted 2/1/2013 3:32:57 AM
deimos91 posted...
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
Aryllies already commented on BDFF's status on the first page -- Likely any potential announcement will be within the next 2 - 3 weeks. Bonus points that Iwata said there'll be a Nintendo Direct for 3DS pretty soon after the Wii U stream ended this morning.

FFXIII was average at best for me, never played XIII-2 though. Square Enix is definitely still capable of making good games, proof being Type-0 and BDFF so I wouldn't say they're a lost cause. They just make really bad decisions and wound up getting an egg on their face in the long run.

Wrinkled my nose "masculinity," though. It's understandable to dislike a game, but what would one's masculinity/femininity have to do with playing games? Just stick to what you enjoy is the most I can say.

13-2 is much better much much it fixes so many issues the only drawback is the new enemies are not that many but otherwise it is much better the plot is decent standard FF fair

I agree, I couldn't stand 13, but 13-2 was so much fun. I actually did everything and was the first game I got all the achievements for.

I'm craving this game. I loved 4 heroes of light.
I love the classics and this looks amazing. Wish I knew Japanese.
---
PSN: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163
#42IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/1/2013 4:53:34 AM
JRPG posted...
deimos91 posted...
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
Aryllies already commented on BDFF's status on the first page -- Likely any potential announcement will be within the next 2 - 3 weeks. Bonus points that Iwata said there'll be a Nintendo Direct for 3DS pretty soon after the Wii U stream ended this morning.

FFXIII was average at best for me, never played XIII-2 though. Square Enix is definitely still capable of making good games, proof being Type-0 and BDFF so I wouldn't say they're a lost cause. They just make really bad decisions and wound up getting an egg on their face in the long run.

Wrinkled my nose "masculinity," though. It's understandable to dislike a game, but what would one's masculinity/femininity have to do with playing games? Just stick to what you enjoy is the most I can say.

13-2 is much better much much it fixes so many issues the only drawback is the new enemies are not that many but otherwise it is much better the plot is decent standard FF fair

I agree, I couldn't stand 13, but 13-2 was so much fun. I actually did everything and was the first game I got all the achievements for.

I'm craving this game. I loved 4 heroes of light.
I love the classics and this looks amazing. Wish I knew Japanese.

I am also craving this game as well, everything about it just looks ace, and the soundtrack is top frigging notch! If the limited edition comes over with a soundtrack, ka-ching! Consider me sold!

That being said, I agree about 13-2 being better than 13, I thought 13 was okay, but when I played 13-2 the flaws of 13 really stuck out like a sore thumb. I actually like 13-2's soundtrack overall when compared to the first game as well, and normally I HATE pop music. But for some odd reason, the women chosen to sing the songs (with the exception of "New World, do not care for Charice at all) did a wonderful job, and thanks to this, I've become a fan of Joelle Strother whom coincidentally did a couple songs on BDFF's soundtrack and is a member of REVO's band Sound Horizon along with ex-Megadeth guitarist Marty Friedman.

I truly, truly, TRULY frigging hope SE does not blow this for us. We need this game! It'll sell gangbusters in North America and Europe, just you wait! Give me this, and the DQ7 remake and call me sold!
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973